Lt. Commander
# 1 Science Team 1 question
03-10-2010, 11:45 AM
Hi all,

Question about Science Team 1...

I am Commander 7 and I have been enjoying the game, playing the PvE missions mostly. I am an Engineer and I am in a Cruiser for now.

My Sci BO has Science Team I as one of his powers. This has been VERY helpful when fighting the Romulans. They use this paralyzing power (I think it is Viral Matrix?), and Science Team I has been able to totally counter it. I click it and the purple field goes away and I am not 'paralyzed' any more.

My issue is lately the power does not seem to work like that. There seems to be a pause, or maybe its not even working? basically I am still caught even when I use it

I guess I am wondering, as we advance in rank does the power become less effective? I know there is a Sci Team II (and a Sci Team III?), so do I need to get the next level of Sci Team to counter the Romulan VM now?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-10-2010, 12:47 PM
Science team doesn't counter VM 100% of the time. Whether that's actually intended or not is anyone's guess. If its intended, then its likely that higher science teams counter it more reliably, but I don't think anyone actually knows the answer to that.