Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Issue with Scientist Skill
03-06-2010, 11:44 PM
I have a Science Officer with Science Skill at 9. The Description of that skills states that having 9 points should allow me Train my Bridge Officers Science Team III. But it doesn't!

Now I"ve bugged this, and got the standard reply about it being entered into the database, but is this EVER going to be Fixed? I mean If nothing else the wording for the Skill should be changed. So players don't put points in this skill thinking they will reap that benefit, when it's in Error...

Oh, and speaking of which, when is a skill respec system going to be put in place? I mean if you're NOT going to be fixing some of these things. We should at least be able to spend those points some other way!
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-07-2010, 02:16 AM
If I recall correctly, the ability to train ST III was given to Doctor 9 rather than Scientist 9 by mistake. It's fixed on the test server (I have Scientist up to 9 there, and was able to train a BO in ST III properly), so hopefully the fix will be coming to Holodeck soon.

Irritating though, I put points into Scientist for the same reason!
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-07-2010, 05:05 AM
I did the same thing. I can't train anything at all with those 9 useless points...and to boot past MK 2 there are no scientist kits for quiute a ways up the level chain,...all the way to Admiral I believe.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-07-2010, 06:37 AM
Like RichardJ said it has been fixed on Tribble.
So should be in a patch soon(tm and all that).

And about Respecs... In testing.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-10-2010, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardJ View Post
If I recall correctly, the ability to train ST III was given to Doctor 9 rather than Scientist 9 by mistake. It's fixed on the test server (I have Scientist up to 9 there, and was able to train a BO in ST III properly), so hopefully the fix will be coming to Holodeck soon.

Irritating though, I put points into Scientist for the same reason!
Yes, I can now confirm that a Doctor skill of rank 9 does seem to confer the ability to train Science Team III. But I am still unable to do so with any of my Bridge Officers, when my rank is Captain.

Please understand me! I don't care so much about how you want to set up the game. But since you couldn't go to the trouble to fix the wording in your skill chart. I think you should give us the option to recover the skill points from that one skill. It's not our fault that we had inaccurate information.