Lt. Commander
A while ago I read I can farm lower tier loot for Memory Alpha crafting even as Admiral if I do lower tier exploration missions. I tried that yesterday with a T3 explore mission but not possible. Enemies scale up and also loot, I got MK 9 drops.

Please devs, only way for an Admiral to unlocking the T3 traders from Memory Alpha is atm to buy horribly overprized MK4 / MK6 common drops from the market. I can also not use another char because my second char is Admiral too and my third char is klingon.

Please let the enemies from lower tier explore missions drop loot from the same tier.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-11-2010, 12:54 AM
If you choose "talk to enemy contact" in lower-level sectors, those ships will drop lower tier items.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-11-2010, 02:48 AM
Or just fly into one of the lowtier exploration areas, skan the anomalies, and just bypass any that contains a system.. Racked up 50-60 of each of the lowest quality in a hour or two (note fast/manouvreble ship is better... I used a Danube)
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-11-2010, 03:01 AM
I agree, I've probably got enough anomalies, but the real problem is getting the stuff which needs to be modified.

There needs to be a shop or badge/item vendor for this stuff - and make it relatively close to memory alpha
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-11-2010, 03:19 AM
The anomalies are not the problem, I meant the common drops you need as base for upgrading (e.g. common plasma dual cannons MK4/MK6).

I think joining enemy contacts in lower tiers is also a bad idea because I heard the enemies will scale up in the moment when an Admiral enters the instance. Wouldn't that make the other players there not very angry about me?
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-11-2010, 03:21 AM
i think the OP meant the gear to improve on memory alpha, not the data.

edit: oops too late
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-11-2010, 03:35 AM
i have tried zipping around in a danube at lower levels and no the enemies do not scale up, in signal contact
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-11-2010, 12:40 PM
Enemy contacts in lower-level sectors will not scale with higher-level players. These players are discouraged from such content because they must wait for an encounter to be "activated" instead of initiating one by colliding with an enemy ship in the sector map.