Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Yeah I am done with this game for a while till they fix pvp balance. Its out of control. Fix pvp balance soon please. I can't recommend this game to anyone at this moment. I really want to like this game but its getting harder and harder.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-10-2010, 07:01 PM
What you do not notice is the back row ships spamming healing to the front row ships that you are shooting at.

The game has indeed a need of revisions specially for PvP and currently these are being looked at.

Yet, the major issue is that the game is not axed towards a PvP system in line with Star Trek Combat due to some mechanics (in my opinion and observation), so if you are still around maybe you can confirm if you also see it this way.

When you go in to pvP do you expect to be engaging in Combat in line with Star Trek Combat (Historical vehicular combat, Naval Battles in Space just like we see in the series) or do you expect to engage in Combat in line with Traditional fantasy MMORPG combat, Tanks, DPS healers Buffer Nukkers?
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-10-2010, 07:10 PM
Honestly I think he's talking about ground PVP. If he's an engineer, he certainly didn't pick the best class for damage dealing or exposing which would explain the issue.

Turret engineers just don't get a lot of damage opportunities like tac officers, nor expose opportunities like several science kits. Engineers are better at shield tanking and shifting the balance of the battle than dealing damage in my experience.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-10-2010, 08:53 PM
Really?

My son and I are leveling up Engineers and having a blast. You need to get some decent gear. I good phaser rifle would help. The shield generators are nice if your team sticks together. The phaser turret is fine. Lets you know if people sneak up on you.

The holds and stuns bug me.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-10-2010, 09:03 PM
Turrets are going to be more of an asset in the patch, because they will have Stealth detection abilities.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-10-2010, 09:35 PM
Hypos.
Shield heals.
Team mates.

I have never met the player I couldn't kill. Granted 1 on 1 between two science officer healers probably lasts half an hour but there is no 1 on 1 scenario -- it's 5v5. Nobody survives dedicated 5 on 1 focused fire for very long, even with hypos and allies healing them.

I bet a shiny nickel that the OP was not using any hypos and his opponents were downing Large Hypos like they were gummy bears.