Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Missing Costume Slots
02-07-2010, 03:50 PM
Hey all - I've leveled to Commander, half way to Captain by now. And still, none of my costume slots have become available. I get this error in red at the top of the costume select screen:

'Costume validiation for player error: Name:Kel'trix, Bone Stf_Rank, Geo F_Rank_Sf_G01_01_Commander _01, hGeoDef is restricted. ,Bone Stf_Rank, Geo F_Rank_Sf_G01_01_Commander 01, hMatDef is restricted. ,Bone Stf_Rank, Geo F_Rank_Sf_G01_01_Commander_01, hPatternTexture is restricted. , failed costume restriction check.'

What gives? Anyone else with this problem? I've bugged it, sent in tickets, asked on the forums... a dev reply would be wonderful, I know I'm not the only one with this issue, as my friends who are playing all have it as well. Thanks in advance for constructive comments and assistance.

- T
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-08-2010, 11:54 AM
Bump. Still hoping for a reply from anyone having similar problems.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-08-2010, 11:59 AM
I am LC9 myself as of today and I am experiencing this problem as well.

I figured I was stuck at one costume till I read this.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-09-2010, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snickeris View Post
I am LC9 myself as of today and I am experiencing this problem as well.

I figured I was stuck at one costume till I read this.
Same here. I just hit Commander today and haven't seen anything on how to find where my costume slots are, how to modify them, or anything. I've only found the ability to change costumes, but since I don't have any others it doesn't do anything.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-09-2010, 11:04 PM
This is maddening. I've read several other threads about people having this exact issue, and in no case has there been even a whisper of a dev response. Tickets go unanswered. I misspeak. One ticket was answered... they told me to contact /Billing/ of all things. This is asinine, and would love some sort of official response on this matter.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-14-2010, 12:01 AM
Giving this another bump, hoping for a reply. Is there /any/ way to get another costume slot other than joining a fleet? I've sent multiple tickets, done posts, no answer. If anyone knows it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 7 New costume slot
02-14-2010, 09:22 AM
I got my second costume slot ... not from leveling but from joining a Fleet. Soon as I joined a Fleet ... Ka-Ching! ... new "Primary Costume" slot.

I am now Commander, Grade 4 but no sign of a third costume slot. Nor of any additional costume slots for my Bridge Officers. (They have slots just like me so I have to assume more will be available later.)
Lt. Commander
Has anyone heard from Cryptic on this?

I saw a quote in a Cryptic interview which made me think that the extra costume slots will be part of FUTURE developments... but I cannot say that was a definitive, clear answer.

So far the Cryptic bug reports suck.

I have a bridge crew member with NO LEGS. She has never had legs. She has been part of my crew for a couple of weeks now and I have sent three or four bug reports.

No. Legs. How amateurish is that?
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-10-2010, 09:43 AM
Costume slots? How do I see costume slots? AFAIK, I've never had more costume slots.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-10-2010, 12:01 PM
I think I can address at least a couple of the issues in this thread.

If you are entitled to additional costume slots, you access them at a Tailor. On the screen where you select which costume you want to edit, there will be more than one option below your captain's name. You can modify each of these slots individually. I do not have specific information on when or how you obtain additional slots other than fleet membership.

If your costume shows an error (big red text), you need to open up the tailor and modify the costume with the error. Jransom (one of our developers) addressed that in this thread: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=133042

TalosPike, about the officer with missing legs: It looks like her costume got corrupted somehow, so the pants are just not drawing at all. Go to a tailor and modify her costume, and this should fix the problem. You'll probably see big red errors at the tailor until you do so.

In general, please keep in mind that Bug Reports are there to give us information that errors and bugs are occurring, and provide data for us to identify trends and fix things. They are not a support channel, and if you need in-game help please use the "Request GM Help" option instead. This will get you the help you need much more quickly.

Thanks everyone!