Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
03-11-2010, 03:06 AM
I believe the main key factor that is killing the Klingon population is simply this.

The proportion of players who are willing to PvP or tolerates PvP is a very tiny minority.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
03-11-2010, 03:11 AM
FvsF ist no Problem... all Feds runs crying back to FvsK and the easyer Targets
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
03-11-2010, 03:14 AM
Paint me pessimist.

My major concern with FvF PvP is that people might have the perception that it's balanced, nevermind that the poor PvP players will still get a pasting. Therefore Fed mains will stay with FvF to get their PvP fix.

The major damage done with FvK is the perception that F and K are not balanced. (cue: cloak, BoP, Science Vessels etc)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
03-11-2010, 03:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synacus View Post
I have done the following things in the last week to try and save it...

I have yelled in netural zone begging some feds to switch over to blance the game before it dies.

I have yelled in sol system , asking ppl if they love this game to help try and save it by making a klingon.

I have rolled and rerolled FED klingons just to help get some games off the ground in T 1 to get these guys some exp.......ask ppl on my friends list what number I am on cuz i honestly dont even know.....

Sometimes even runninga round with no shields on just to die so they can lvl......


Nothing seems to be helping maybe alittle but not enogh to really do anything.......When i was in star base asking ppl why they wont roll a klingon , one guy said"are the Q times shorter over there?" before i could answer another guy said "dont worry we are getting F vs F soon"..........we are done. Its over for us son , much like star trek 6 we just got to choose where and how to die , but we are dead.Ethier make the peace with the fedration FULL TIME , let us join them let us do all there quests , let us be in the fedration with our warbirds or just shut us down....Cuz its over son.
I have a RA 5 Fed I truly love, but those mega long pvp queues lead me to roll a Klingon. Im now Lt Cmd 8 and while the instant queues for pvp are great, its a much tougher grind without any real pve. I tend to like to mix things up, grab a few matchs then hit some episodes. Thats why most people who roll klingons wont make it past T2, no pve content to fall back on when you have had your fill of pvp.

Honestly, the whole Klingon/Fed war seems out of character to me. Cryptic should have had Romulans, Cardassians/Jem'Hedar as opposing factions. Klingons value honor above all else and the Fed's value it too, while the roms and cards are more the backstab types.

Lastly. Whatever happens. We need a real pvp neutral zone. I am so sick of looking at the same capture and hold match that everyone rolls in. Where is deep, dark, space. Wide open expanses. Real starbases to attack and defend.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
03-11-2010, 04:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripcurl
And it looks like it will just get worse now that the Test server has FvF as an option that will come with Update 1. It's like they're purposely trying to kill off this faction.
well, you have KvK so why not FvF?

were sick and tired to have to wait 45 minutes or more for a 10 minute game so this is certainly welcomed.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
03-11-2010, 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florence
I believe the main key factor that is killing the Klingon population is simply this.

The proportion of players who are willing to PvP or tolerates PvP is a very tiny minority.
This cant be true or you wouldnt have 200 feds in Q with 3 Klingons , if they dont like pvp why are they Qed?

I think the trouble is Allowing three fed classes , and then THEN allowing ONLY 3 Avatar slots.......ppl just are not tring klingons , they are making all three slots/ classes on one side.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
03-11-2010, 04:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorgald View Post
well, you have KvK so why not FvF?

were sick and tired to have to wait 45 minutes or more for a 10 minute game so this is certainly welcomed.
Then you make a Klingon and get in right away , now your taking the only reason some ppl even try Klingons away........I understand everything is all about you fedration 24 / 7 all the time , ya thats great but even you cant be so short sighted as to not see how damageing it will be to not have a enemy to fight. No ying to the yang , no good to the evil. Why are you even fighting these fedration players again? some mirrior universe? Lets just stop calling this game star trek for one and call it Fedration.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
03-11-2010, 04:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrax73
I have a RA 5 Fed I truly love, but those mega long pvp queues lead me to roll a Klingon. Im now Lt Cmd 8 and while the instant queues for pvp are great, its a much tougher grind without any real pve. I tend to like to mix things up, grab a few matchs then hit some episodes. Thats why most people who roll klingons wont make it past T2, no pve content to fall back on when you have had your fill of pvp.

Honestly, the whole Klingon/Fed war seems out of character to me. Cryptic should have had Romulans, Cardassians/Jem'Hedar as opposing factions. Klingons value honor above all else and the Fed's value it too, while the roms and cards are more the backstab types.

Lastly. Whatever happens. We need a real pvp neutral zone. I am so sick of looking at the same capture and hold match that everyone rolls in. Where is deep, dark, space. Wide open expanses. Real starbases to attack and defend.

I dunno maybe , I know T 1 is so bad I have had to make avatars on the fed side to help them get out of the brakect even......but its still dead at T 5.....losing them somewhere in the middle , you have tons of klingons then at T 5 they are gone.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
03-11-2010, 04:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmaker01 View Post
A) It is more accessible since there are far, far, far, fare more of them to fight than Klingon players.
B) Most Feds can't seem to wrap around their minds around the concept that a different faction could possibly fight... differently. Most Feds will be content to fight something they are familiar with... themselves.
So, you're saying Fed players prefer playing with themselves.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
03-11-2010, 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberlerchner123 View Post
How exactly will FvF kill the Klingon Faction?
Perhaps it will stop the Queues from being 115 Federation against 3 Klingons, but thats it.
Because even with the huge sci officer/ship advantage that Feds have, most can't get over "the cloak", and will take great joy in fighting F v F instead of Klingons. I have a solution, and that is because it is "simulation" for Feds, no xp and no medals for F v F. Simple.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:33 AM.