Lt. Commander
# 31
03-11-2010, 08:26 AM
when/if the klingons die out so will i from this game and several others i know of, wich is a shame weve all been waiting for years for a nice star trek game.
Lt. Commander
# 32
03-11-2010, 08:44 AM
As a Brigadier General all i can say is .. Glory To The Empire!
Lt. Commander
# 33
03-11-2010, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dublin_Raider View Post
As a Brigadier General all i can say is .. Glory To The Empire!
They could replace my cannons with silly string launchers, my torpedoes launchers with egg sling shots, and turn my cloak in to a disco ball extravaganza... I would still rather play Klingon then Fed.
Lt. Commander
# 34
03-11-2010, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XedoeSR View Post
Okay, quick rundown of why some people rolling klink as a fedbear should stop.

1. We get the T2 Cruiser - The ships we have will not make the game better in PvE at all. In PvP it will make a nominal difference at best for anything under T4.

2. We get our promised Joined Trill Klingon characters - Joined Trill is a Federation only race in canon. Klingons were always only Klingon, so right there Cryptic has broken the whole canon thing. Personally I think it is a rediculous statement that youll only play klink if you get to play as a joined trill. Typical fedbear whining right there buddy, practice your fedbear tactics elsewhere.

3. They "fix" Klingon experience by adding PvE and make the rewards fo PvP approximates rewards and drops for Fed PvE in the same time spent. - While I would like to get the PvE rewards that feds get I just do not see that happening. What I think will happen is sometime soon when we get that PvE multifaction friendly area we as klinks will get some good rewards, but elsewhere it will remain the same. And as far as FvF, if this happens I will most likely quit as a klink since PvP is a joke at T5 and finish off my fedbear for FvF since PvP is about all I do anyhow.

Fedbear? You don't know me very well. My Klingon ship name is Fed Slayer, it's one I've used for more than 10 years playing Star Fleet Battles and other MMOs.

Cruiser: I'm a ST-TOS fan, and in TOS there were no stinking BoPs. BoPs are little dingies, boats not ships, with tiny little crews. Klingons should be flying SHIPS not boats, Battle Cruisers. In TOS Klingons didn't have any cloaks either, and I can do without those as well.

Joined Trill: If they can't keep their promises they should stop making them and come clean. Refund the extra charge for the Digital Delux edition since I can't use what I paid extra for.

Fix the Klingons and PvP: That's kinda what this whole thread is about. Hate to tell you but PvP is a joke at all levels. Sniper rifles and pistols have the same range? Maximum range of a ground weapon is 30m? "Ships" that fly like airplanes, sorta, without being able to loop? Space combat that takes place at a significant fraction of lightspeed at ranges of 10k or less? Yah, that's all believable. And what exactly is an "expose" supposed to represent?

Try space combat at several hundred thousand kilometers, ground combat with open "arenas" sevaral kilometers across and engagement ranges of several kilometers with weapons that 1-shot kill multiple players if they are too close together. That will stop the silly melee fighting. (Melee is okay for boarding actions on a ship, but how often should that happen?)

Throw in some open PvP areas where we can take a mixed ranked (all tiers) fleet of 100+ players and STO might be a game worth calling believable.
Lt. Commander
# 35
03-11-2010, 10:04 AM
I got to RA5 and then switched to Klingon. I like to PVP and have to admit the queue is much shorter and the cloak is nice to have. Though I fly a Raptor so no Battle Cloak.

The problem I see is that it's so much easier to level up and get gear on the Fed side. Unless you really like PVP in this game, there is no reason to switch. Lets admit it, PVP right now is repetitious and boring.

The solution is to make PVP better. Make it easier for Klingons to level and obtain good gear and drops.

I will be sticking with Klingon hoping for the best.
Lt. Commander
# 36
03-11-2010, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrax73
I have a RA 5 Fed I truly love, but those mega long pvp queues lead me to roll a Klingon. Im now Lt Cmd 8 and while the instant queues for pvp are great, its a much tougher grind without any real pve. I tend to like to mix things up, grab a few matchs then hit some episodes. Thats why most people who roll klingons wont make it past T2, no pve content to fall back on when you have had your fill of pvp.

Honestly, the whole Klingon/Fed war seems out of character to me. Cryptic should have had Romulans, Cardassians/Jem'Hedar as opposing factions. Klingons value honor above all else and the Fed's value it too, while the roms and cards are more the backstab types.

Lastly. Whatever happens. We need a real pvp neutral zone. I am so sick of looking at the same capture and hold match that everyone rolls in. Where is deep, dark, space. Wide open expanses. Real starbases to attack and defend.
I totally agree with the different factions. Crap. I wouldn't even mind a third faction. I like playing the evil side...can't get more evil than the space nazi cardies. Klingons are too nice from a whitewashing in TNG, DS9, and Voyager.
Lt. Commander
# 37
03-11-2010, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceasar1
I got to RA5 and then switched to Klingon. I like to PVP and have to admit the queue is much shorter and the cloak is nice to have. Though I fly a Raptor so no Battle Cloak.

The problem I see is that it's so much easier to level up and get gear on the Fed side. Unless you really like PVP in this game, there is no reason to switch. Lets admit it, PVP right now is repetitious and boring.

The solution is to make PVP better. Make it easier for Klingons to level and obtain good gear and drops.

I will be sticking with Klingon hoping for the best.
Well, i think it is easier to get gear on the klingon side, but as far as leveling goes. It is pretty disproportionate. It seems like an easy way to get the Klingons up to fighting strength is to just take off the xp nerf. Also, for making pvp better, the could make more maps. Don't we only have like 2 or 3 ground maps? And space isn't much different, just different in group size. One of the great things about swg pvp was that it could literally be anywhere.
Lt. Commander
# 38
03-11-2010, 10:37 AM
Maybe I just missed something here, but if there's a long ass line forming on the Klingon side, why don't those people go play KvK?
Lt. Commander
# 39
03-11-2010, 11:10 AM
I just got a rig that wouldn't lag out (and cause my teammates to die because of me). Started a Klingon last night and really enjoyed it. Have to give much respect to the Klingon's who ground out to Admiral , I can see how it would be a a serious snooze fest. I still look forward to PvP'ing though.
Lt. Commander
# 40
03-11-2010, 11:18 AM
Don't forget the War and actual meaningful House conflict, it would help if it actually was going and provide context for KvK and FvF as well as FvK...see the "War" link in my sig.