Lt. Commander
Sign here if you want Robert O'Reilly (Gowron) voice overs for the (hopefully upcoming) klingon PvE content!
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-09-2010, 09:56 PM
With all due respect to Michael Dorn, Worf's v/o would not be as suitable due to his portrayal of a "Klingon brought up in human environment" not having a "true Klingon tone". His tone is held back and constrained.

Note that I understand completely the fact that this is *exactly* what the part called for and he did it quite superbly. The constrain you hear in his tone is a portrayal of "trying to fit in" and is done very well throughout the series.

However, this is exactly why the Klingon PvE content needs a "full blown Klingon" character and noone did that better than O'Reilly.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-09-2010, 09:56 PM
O'Reilly is good, but I feel JG Hertzler (Martok) or Worf (Michael Dorn) would be better fitting.

But I hate to get rid of the Omega Leonis summary by Mr. Nimoy.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-09-2010, 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
O'Reilly is good, but I feel JG Hertzler (Martok) or Worf (Michael Dorn) would be better fitting.
Sorry, I was typing up why Dorn would not be as good while you posted this ...
Martok: yes, but he is not as well known, imho.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-09-2010, 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnsignKoala
Sorry, I was typing up why Dorn would not be as good while you posted this ...
Martok: yes, but he is not as well known, imho.
IMHO, Martok is just as well-known as Gowron.

Besides, Martok fits better because he was the last Chancellor and the events happening is after his death, so it can be told from a ghostly perspective of how the Klingon people have strayed from the path of Honor for cries of battle.

And Worf also fits, because he's stuck watching the war between the Federation the the Empire take place.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-10-2010, 10:05 AM
i would be happy with any of those choices...although Martok inspires the inner warrior better than the rest...Gowron has that villany feel, which might actually work better considering klingons are portrayed as villans in this game.

Worf would be awesome but you're right, he is rather reserved/constrained, not that his voice doesnt exude klingon

so as i said, id be happy with any of them (maybe all? )
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-11-2010, 02:51 AM
Agreed. Any of the three are a welcome v/o to me. They each can offer a unique perspective as they tell their story. My fav would be Martok, the Gowron and as last Worf. Though Worf might add something to say for those who play the pay-for Klingon.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-11-2010, 03:37 AM
Quote:

But I hate to get rid of the Omega Leonis summary by Mr. Nimoy.
if Martok comes along i will join the empire full time
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-11-2010, 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherine
Agreed. Any of the three are a welcome v/o to me. They each can offer a unique perspective as they tell their story. My fav would be Martok, the Gowron and as last Worf. Though Worf might add something to say for those who play the pay-for Klingon.
I agree. Martok, Gowron, then Worf. I really liked Martok's character, and the fact that Martok was the Emperor when DS9 ended, makes his voice the more logical one.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-11-2010, 11:24 PM
Quote:
IMHO, Martok is just as well-known as Gowron.

Besides, Martok fits better because he was the last Chancellor and the events happening is after his death, so it can be told from a ghostly perspective of how the Klingon people have strayed from the path of Honor for cries of battle.

And Worf also fits, because he's stuck watching the war between the Federation the the Empire take place.
Also really fits in with Spock narrating from beyond the sorta-grave.

Plus, Martok >>> Gowron. Gowron was a sniveling politician whose main virtue was being less of a douche than Duras.