Lt. Commander
I didn't realize how silly these things were. I figured Sure, good damage from the Torps, but then I started to see something else. Something along the lines of SNB + VM... They Disable you.. The Torps is only 1-2 seconds tops.. The Mines how ever.. Are about 5+ seconds! That's almost as bad as being SNB + VM! You can't click ANY button while affected by that! Sure they are Mines. Easy to see. But if your on some one's butt and they drop one of those, then hit you with VM, and then SNB you, your done. Dead in the water. And chances are you would have already been fighting for a good few minutes so your defenses might be down! They really need to figure how they want their game to be played PVP wise. I mean no one likes to be totally locked down with NO defense. And once you get hit by these, you mine as well go afk, get a drink, and come back to respawn.

Flame away.. I just dislike effects like this.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-11-2010, 01:26 PM
Unlike SNB, you can avoid them...or shoot them.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-11-2010, 02:23 PM
And if you're on someone's butt, it shouldn't be so easy for them to hit you with VM and SNB, because they have relatively small forward-facing firing arcs.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-11-2010, 07:16 PM
unlike SNB and VM, engineering team should be able to clear the tricobalt torpedo hold/constrain. But they dont.

that and tricobalts dont actaully stun objects in the trek universe, they're demolition charges, so i dont get why they do any stun damage here.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-11-2010, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by count23 View Post
unlike SNB and VM, engineering team should be able to clear the tricobalt torpedo hold/constrain. But they dont.

that and tricobalts dont actaully stun objects in the trek universe, they're demolition charges, so i dont get why they do any stun damage here.
the stun duration is so short it doesn't really matter.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-12-2010, 07:59 AM
I think the stun is supposed to represent massive system-wide disruptions from such a large single explosion.

I recommend extending your range a bit, so you don't run in to them so easily.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-12-2010, 11:04 AM
SNB+VM+tricobalt = priceless...
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-13-2010, 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
the stun duration is so short it doesn't really matter.
The Torp I agree is short enough that it's not bad.

The Mine how ever is alot longer.