Lt. Commander
# 21
03-12-2010, 01:07 PM
U.S.S. Melpomene - Named for one the Muses, she was the Greek Goddess of Tragedy.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-12-2010, 01:18 PM
T1 USS Reuben -was my first char on ****

T2 USS- Storm Squall - first char name on UO.... I love storms. And Squall from Final Fantasy.

T3-USS Hurricane - Bad storm

T4- Maroon Favorite color is red and Maroon 5 is favorite band of mine. Ship was kinda shaded this color.

T5- Tornado - Storm fancy.

Klink

T1- Bloodwine- duh

T2- E'Jackalope - from the first ever siting on American Funniest home Videos and my fantasy football team was name El Paso Jackalopes. Jackalopes are actually famous in Wyoming ..

Might try to go the mythical creature route without "unicorn" of course.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-12-2010, 01:22 PM
U.S.S. Blackhawk -- named after the advanced U.S. Navy nuclear submarine in the old Sierra computer game called 'Codename: ICEMAN'

I.K.S. Praxis -- named after the Klingon Empire's energy-production facility that exploded, signaling the end of the old Empire and a fundamental change in my Klingon character's House

47. -- derives from an in-class joke (false theorem) that gave rise to a running joke that was carried over into Star Trek, starting in TNG
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-12-2010, 01:28 PM
My ships so far:

Klingon:

I.K.S. Staav'e'mara: Means 'Slave of Justice' in Klingonaas (pre-Next Gen klingon language).
Class: B'rel BoP.
Origin: Named after the old FASA Star Trek RPG 'Starship Tactical Combat Simulator'. A Loknar class frigate named the USS Morgan Lake was captured in the 4 Years War and renamed the Staav'e'mara. It was further made famous by being part of Admiral Kamato's failed coup attempt, and is now part of the Imperial Klingon States' fleet in the Triangle (kinda like a no man's land between Klingon, Romulan and Federation space).

I.K.S. Flaming Targ: 'nuff said'
Class: LtCDR BoP
Origin: Because it sounded cool.

Federation:

USS Passendaele
Class: Centaur/Shi'Kahr class kitbash cruiser.
Origin: Named after famous WW1 battle.

USS Kindjal
Class: LtCMDR kitbashed cruiser (using Vesper and Constitution parts)
Origin: Named after a type of gladius style sword used by people of the ural mountains.

USS Horizon
Class: Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser
Origin: You've heard of a Horizon, haven't you? Seriously, I got it off the old 'Star Trek Spaceflight Chronology' book. It was one of the early pre-Kirk, post-Archer ship designs.

USS Star Union
Class: RA kitbash assault cruiser.
Origin: Named after one of the 'Federation' Class Dreadnoughts of Franz Joseph design. Involved in an attempted Coup d'etat.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-12-2010, 01:29 PM
My first six ships all shared a name, and had properly appended registry letters. My seventh is the first I've given a name of its own, though I have a couple other ships that I don't actually use - more for show.

My Miranda, Saber, Oslo, Gallant, Hermes, and Prometheus classes were all named Lady Vain, which is a (rather obscure) reference to the H.G. Wells novel The Island of Dr. Moreau.

My current ship, a Dervish class, is named Nova Majestic. No meaning behind that one, I just wanted a name that sounded elegant, and came up with that.

My "eye candy" ships are my Sovereign class, the Enkidu, named after the wild man who became Gilgamesh's companion in the Epic of Gilgamesh, and my Galaxy class, the Roi des Belges, which is the name of the ship Joseph Conrad commanded when he made his trip up the Congo river that inspired his novel Heart of Darkness.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-12-2010, 01:32 PM
Fleet: The Sulu Detection Agency.
Founded by the Starfleet Chief of Operations in order to keep track of the most elusive and slippery Commander in the history of Starfleet.
The Sulu Detection Agency was the first to uncover the truth about Akira Sulu's involvement with the K7 cloaking incident earlier this year.

Ship: NCC-999999-C USS Texas Green Bud
A reference to a particular kind of hemp.
(9 is my lucky number)
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-12-2010, 01:33 PM
I also have a runabout. Given the tradition of naming Runabouts after rivers, I would have named mine the 'Saskatchewan'.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-12-2010, 01:40 PM
U.s.s. E.l.e.s.s.
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-12-2010, 01:46 PM
I just picked up a Cerberus-class ship and named it the U.S.S. Griffin, after the mythical creature.
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-12-2010, 02:39 PM
USS Artemis - Prometheus Class.
USS Kittyhawk - Sovereign Class