Lt. Commander
# 1 How many players does it take?
03-11-2010, 02:15 PM
I'm still fairly new to the game and I'm wondering how many players it takes to form a fleet. I have about 3 good friends on the game and pretty much we are all on different levels and want to help each other out more. So can somebody please tell me how many players you need so we can either form our own or look for a good well established fleet

Alex Black
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-11-2010, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_Black
I'm still fairly new to the game and I'm wondering how many players it takes to form a fleet. I have about 3 good friends on the game and pretty much we are all on different levels and want to help each other out more. So can somebody please tell me how many players you need so we can either form our own or look for a good well established fleet

Alex Black
5. Have people join your team so there are 5 of you, then form the Fleet.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-11-2010, 04:42 PM
Cheers, looks like I'm two short at the moment, but hopefully that'll change!

Alex
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-11-2010, 06:33 PM
Just ask in zone chat for people to join your party for 2 minutes, form the fleet, then politely kick them.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-11-2010, 09:28 PM
Yeah, plenty of people will be willing to help you start a fleet. Just let then know it's a temporary position <G>.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-11-2010, 09:30 PM
honestly if he doesnt have 5+ that want to be in the fleet (no fleets need to be around to if they cant maintain the minimum number to form one) then whats the point of making the fleet. thats one of the things wrong with mmos these days, people running around in 2 man guilds trying to act all leetsauce.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-11-2010, 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhansWrath
honestly if he doesnt have 5+ that want to be in the fleet (no fleets need to be around to if they cant maintain the minimum number to form one) then whats the point of making the fleet. thats one of the things wrong with mmos these days, people running around in 2 man guilds trying to act all leetsauce.
Access to extra storage space that is sharable. Plus, and I believe this could be an important factor if true, but can't you store money in the fleet bank and withdraw it with the right permissions ? If so a 2 or 3 person fleet could well use that simply to ease transfer of money and items so that they can play together etc.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-12-2010, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhansWrath
Well this game does give you another costume slot for joining a fleet. Sometimes people want that more than worrying about actually being in a multi-person group of semi-strangers.

Also while it might not be a big deal in this game many people used to like to have "one-person supergroups" back in Champions Online and City of Heroes just so they could have their own personal "Batcaves". As Xrystal mentioned the closest equivalent to that here might be access to a Fleet bank for more storage.

Regardless I really doubt people are creating "single-person fleets" in a game like this just to gain leetsause or anything of the kind. I couldn't care less if people are in fleets or not so it doesn't make me think they're any cooler in the least. *shrugs*