Lt. Commander
# 11
03-11-2010, 05:31 PM
O mighty Gozer!

I can really emphasize with Vobe's point of view and think you should seriously consider it.

I remember the first time I played Infected, I was being very careful and still died twice. My allies died a lot more than me.

The second time, I was 'less lucky' and died many more times. I don't want to die. But having four/five borg ships focus firing on me does not help matters much. Especially considering how unmanageable the vertical axis is and how easy it is, while fighting, to vertically wander into another group of Borg ships. Sometimes they seem to appear out of nowhere and then ZAP!
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-11-2010, 06:06 PM
Well, where is the thumbsup smiley? Hm. :thumbsup:!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic_Gozer
When we first released the STF, I was really amazed at how fast you guys were blowing through the space portion on the episode. So amazed in fact that I suspected shenanigans, so because of this I jumped on a Vent server last weekend and listened to a couple of Fleets as they went through this part of the mission. Turns out I was right, there were in fact shenanigans afoot. The space portion was being completed in just a few min each time, by basically completely not caring if you died multiple times and just zerging the two main objectives.
I have to disagree. You can solve the space part very fast without zerging. Each of the two patrols are a matter of seconds for a group of five players attacking. Then comes the tricky part. Just fullimpulse around the gate and attack from behind. It is destroyed in less than a minute. Most times you don't get attacked at all or just by one group. Destroy them, or not, and circle again around all borg. Destroy the tactical cube. Beam down.
Done right, it is a matter of 10 - 15 minutes - that is "just a few min" to me.
Lt. Commander
# 13 gozer please scale back
03-11-2010, 06:14 PM
i know some people can and have finished infected, but the upload the virus, is killing my nerves. i've tried and tried with different groups we have not been able to shut down and upload all forceshields, some people have finished great but this is my first mmo, and this does look impossible for everyone i've played with, not everyone plays at the same level, could you please make a difficulty setting, i play for fun, not to pull my hair out every time the shield go back up. i know some will tell me to play something else fine, but i got this game because it is every star trek fans dream come true. and i love it except for this task force level.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-11-2010, 06:21 PM
Ok, Dan ... if I'm understanding this correctly ... if a guy(s) is with a group that doesn't finish it ... and they can't find a group that is exactly on the stage they are on, they are screwed because if they drop the quest to start it over with their new group, the cool down starts and they can't actually finish it?

If I am misunderstanding this ... then ignore this ...

But if I am understanding this, are you guys out of your minds? We klingons have a hard enough time as it is getting an infected group together now. And its only going to get harder when there are more options!

Why would you do it this way, instead of just changing it so you are actually awarded the valor medals when you TURN IN the quest?

Your approach is not only bassackwards, its insane with all the problems the instance has!

Hell we have people now who are doing it right and they still don't get credit for killing Rebecca ... now they won't even be able to drop the quest and do it over to get their medals?

This is just fricking nuts.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-11-2010, 06:55 PM
Quote:
No, I'm saying that soon we will force you out of a map if you don't have credit for the pevious one, so at least you won't keep playing thinking all is well, only to get to the end of part three and realize you never got credit for part one for some reason.

I can't reproduce the problem internally (not get ting credit for the first part), although I will keep trying. I am suggesting that you pay close attention to your own mission to make sure you are in the right place and get credit for each part as it completes.
Thought about this for a bit. The part where it does not update is pretty far along. It is after the first boss on the space station. So if I am in a group of 5, and I do not update that means I get the boot and the other four guys are out of luck finishing it without me, unless we all restart around an hours worth of play-time. I appreciate you trying to alleviate some of the problems being that you cannot isolate the bug itself, but this is just going to make it a lot worse imo.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-11-2010, 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bovive
Thought about this for a bit. The part where it does not update is pretty far along. It is after the first boss on the space station. So if I am in a group of 5, and I do not update that means I get the boot and the other four guys are out of luck finishing it without me, unless we all restart around an hours worth of play-time. I appreciate you trying to alleviate some of the problems being that you cannot isolate the bug itself, but this is just going to make it a lot worse imo.
Hmmm.. interesting, so far all the reports I have seen have pointed at the first part as being the one where most people are not getting the credit. I'll look at that particular break point when i get a chance. As to your actual question, that's pretty much the reason i haven't put that in yet.. I'm still looking to see if there is something else hiding from me first. If it breaks on you again at that part... send a bug right then, so we can look at whats going on from the info you bug will capture.

Gozer
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-11-2010, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Hmmm.. interesting, so far all the reports I have seen have pointed at the first part as being the one where most people are not getting the credit. I'll look at that particular break point when i get a chance. As to your actual question, that's pretty much the reason i haven't put that in yet.. I'm still looking to see if there is something else hiding from me first. If it breaks on you again at that part... send a bug right then, so we can look at whats going on from the info you bug will capture.

Gozer
I couldnt help but notice you failed to respond to the comments made concerning space combat and how zergish it is because of the way the game is laid out.

Edit - You know in all honesty you guys better put those heads together and figure out this riad content and difficulty so that people can pug this effectively, this game genre is not your world of ******** player base.

Learn from SOE's mistakes with Star Wars Galaxies. You'd be the first group to take those lessons to heart IMO
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-11-2010, 09:17 PM
Ok, Dan ... if I'm understanding this correctly ... if a guy(s) is with a group that doesn't finish it ... and they can't find a group that is exactly on the stage they are on, they are screwed because if they drop the quest to start it over with their new group, the cool down starts and they can't actually finish it?

If I am misunderstanding this ... then ignore this ...

Ok Ignorging... lol

Currently the way the repeatable mission system works is that you can drop and reaquire the mission without the timer as long as you havent fully completed it.

But if I am understanding this, are you guys out of your minds? We klingons have a hard enough time as it is getting an infected group together now. And its only going to get harder when there are more options!

Why would you do it this way, instead of just changing it so you are actually awarded the valor medals when you TURN IN the quest?

The valor medals ARE all currently being awarded automatically at the completion of the last objective in the mission. This is a catch 22 however, as now you have to completely finish the mission to get credit and the medals. The way it was originally set up you were being awarded one for each miniboss and 3 on completion. This was much more pug friendly, however some were farming the first mission objective, so we moved then to the end of the mission.

I doubt people will be farming it after the update, if that is the case we will move the medals back around, so that if you drop the mission to join a pug you still have the Valor Medals you earned from the first couple of bosses.

Your approach is not only bassackwards, its insane with all the problems the instance has!

Hell we have people now who are doing it right and they still don't get credit for killing Rebecca ... now they won't even be able to drop the quest and do it over to get their medals?

This is just fricking nuts.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-11-2010, 09:26 PM
Quote:

I doubt people will be farming it after the update, if that is the case we will move the medals back around, so that if you drop the mission to join a pug you still have the Valor Medals you earned from the first couple of bosses.

Its almost like you dont want anyone to beat your encounter.

Are you Spock all peeved that Kirk reprogrammed the Kobiyashi Maru?

I am almost scared that you are in a position of power in Cryptic TBH. Dont make us fear you, work with us and make us confident in your ability to keep us entertained, dont go all Napoelien on us.

EDIT - The next joke of the year will be the loot turn in for the Valor Medals.... and how much they will be below par or just pure junk like the PvP rewards in Champions Online.

The cosmic joke will be how many times we all did the mission.. and not spend a single valor medal because the gear will be horrid.

The day they release the gear, and its crap.. theres going to be a flood of FU's on the forums followed by Hasta's Ill bet =p
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-11-2010, 09:33 PM
I couldnt help but notice you failed to respond to the comments made concerning space combat and how zergish it is because of the way the game is laid out.

I didn't respond to it because I don't think it has anything to add to this thread. I'm sorry you feel that way, but I didn't make the "Entire" game, I'm just here to update you on this mission.

Edit - You know in all honesty you guys better put those heads together and figure out this riad content and difficulty so that people can pug this effectively, this game genre is not your world of ******** player base.

We weren't trying to make these PUG freindly, they are designed for a small group of people that play together often and like to work as a team.. you know.. Like a Task Force even... Make some friends, play with them often, or don't .. Thats your call, but the overall design is working as we intended.

Learn from SOE's mistakes with Star Wars Galaxies. You'd be the first group to take those lessons to heart IMO