Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Disconnection Issue
03-11-2010, 04:55 PM
ok..this just started today and is happening on multiple computers....every time i buy a new officer and try to edit him or hers appearance i get disconnected from the game..then when i log back in..im stuck with the original appearance of the officer and cant edit them anymore...this sucks cuz i want my officers to look how i want them to look....not the generic starter look....i am now BROKE in game and cant buy any new officers cuz i got disconnected like 10 times trying to edit newly purchased officers.....HELP
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-11-2010, 05:13 PM
Im having the exact same problem, it's also bad when I try to fit my ship, when i try and do so, game crashes.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-12-2010, 10:10 AM
has this issue been fixed yet...im scared to try this again..lol
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-12-2010, 12:01 PM
Hmm, I've never seen this issue before your reports. I am concerned that a character can get into this state, where editing a pet (Bridge Officer or Ship) causes a crash.

For each of you, I have a few questions that could be helpful:

Did any of the crashes bring up a Cryptic Error dialog box? If so, which day did you see this?
Is this happening on multiple characters on your account?
Which specific character/characters is this happening on? Which pets have you tried to edit (names, please)?
Does this crash every time you access the tailor, even on your captain?
Are you only editing a Bridge Officer/Ship when you first receive them, or have you crashed when attempting to edit later on?
Are you loading saved costumes at any time?
Is the crash occurring when you view the Status screen for the Bridge Officer/Ship, or when you attempt to edit it? Is it only when editing the appearance?

As much information as possible would help me track down what's going on. But again, I have not seen this before, so whatever is happening is extremely rare, and I may not be able to find out what's happening.

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-12-2010, 12:30 PM
I had the same exact problem.

It only happened to me when I purchased a new BO and was trying to edit him/her for the first time. I did not try to load a saved costume, as all my saved costumes no longer work (they give a blank/bland verson of a bald human and an all-white outfit, but that is a different problem I think). No error dialog box came up when I did it. It happened on both my Alien Fed captain when I was editing an Alien BO and my Gorn Klingon captian when editing a Gorn BO. It did not happen on later costume edits, but it does lead to loss of $ because if you want all your BO to look a certain way it wastes your money when u gotta start over.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-12-2010, 06:48 PM
I have this same issue. I can reproduce it almost at will. I would be more than happy to demonstrate this when I am online to help fix the issue:

Did any of the crashes bring up a Cryptic Error dialog box?

No. It is always a "Disconnected from Server".

If so, which day did you see this?

It started a few days ago concurrent with the European ISP announcement. I can reproduce it any time by just going into the tailor designer. Also, If I log out there at the tailor, it will sometimes crash immediately after I log into that character.

Is this happening on multiple characters on your account?

No.

Which specific character/characters is this happening on?

Only the Klingon character.

Which pets have you tried to edit (names, please)?

I can make it happen with any bridge officer.

Does this crash every time you access the tailor, even on your captain?

Yes, if I stay in long enough. The time is variable, but averages 5 to 10 minutes.

Are you only editing a Bridge Officer/Ship when you first receive them, or have you crashed when attempting to edit later on?

Not sure. It seems to be with new officers, but that is just a guess. I always wait to edit at the tailor.

Are you loading saved costumes at any time?

I have done it with a couple, but that does not seem to be a factor.

Is the crash occurring when you view the Status screen for the Bridge Officer/Ship, or when you attempt to edit it? Is it only when editing the appearance?

Only when editing appearance.
Lt. Commander
# 7 Multiple disconnects...
03-13-2010, 12:09 AM
I'm getting disconnected while in-mission... this is particularly annoying during a fighting situation as, when I log back in, I have to start the whole mission from scratch. Has happened multiple times tonight... I'm through for now/disgusted.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-13-2010, 07:40 AM
Same problems as MeatBrockwurst. This is getting annoying and ridiculous. But if what I heard from a GM is true then this might be fixed in the next patch.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-13-2010, 08:04 AM
On the Klingon side there is definately something going on with The Great Hall. Other people are experiencing the same symptoms at the same time based on what I am seeing in chat. It is hard to find out because most people would rather smack talk than discuss the issue, even the ones who are experiencing it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-13-2010, 01:49 PM
This happened to me. Discharging a bridge officer fixed it for me.