Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11 question..
03-12-2010, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVanceJr
I don't think that the Feds would be roving content. I could see it being Mirror Universe "looking for a good fight". I could also see it being Romulan expansionists, Gorn sympathizers looking to rthrow off the Klingon mantle, etc.

Why wouldn't the FEDS be included in the roving enemy contacts like KDF in Serius or Regulus? The factions are at war...
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-12-2010, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVanceJr
I'm not saying what's on Tribble ISN'T all the Klingon-side is going to be enjoying, but you may be a bit too hasty with the righteous indignation. You've also been heartily responded to over there, but to share the important parts here ...

1) KDF wasn't intended to be a PVE faction
2) Fed PVE has had a year or two of development to get where it's at
3) KDF is going to have to be patient so that our content is delicious and meaningful. 45 days isn't enough to develop and code 45 levels of content.
Sorry friend you are wrong - KDF was to have PVE/PVP - same as the Feds - heres a video from Aug.08 stating it from Jack Emmert

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcAn3...eature=related
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-12-2010, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndica View Post
The Star clusters are a good quick fix.
This.
I'll take these "for now" also, as it involves ground/space objectives, and, they give nice skill points/rewards etc.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-12-2010, 05:18 PM
Someone mentioned Klingons weren't meant to be a pve-action. Ya well... that statement is true but if you analyse it further you can also say: it's just a lousy excuse to not add any klingon content. Just copy federation faction, change models(values) and some minor adjustments in the skillmenu + abilities like cloak. Et voila you have a new faction without content. Bravo *g*.

But why should they add new low-lvl content? Most of the people already have reached admiral level, a lot including me have 2 admirals, one on each side. New content is just developed for lvl 45, and this new content like infected doesn't look very promising.

I just tried to level a new klingon a few hours ago. Guess what? 2 Ways: queuing for pve, or dull nebula-pve with 5 mins waiting timers. So I queued to get some variety. 8 klingons, 2 feds on the map. Great. On Cracked Planet the Feds even left because 5on1 isn't very funny on both sides. Waiting times are ver high and so my main way to level on klingon side is blocked.

Ok, I thought, give the testserver a try. But I couldn't copy any of my chars. Mkay, make a new char, excpected to have a klingon from the start, but no way. Had to go all the way trough the fed-tutorial again and further to even unlock a klingon. Don't know about you guys, but this game isn't very satisfactioning, more frustrating. Changed from 3 to 1 month subscribtion and I think I will leave after this month.

Don't get me wrong, I like Star Trek and the genre, but you expect more from an mmo in 2010 than this. (sry, for getting a little offtopic, just wanted to clear my head hehe)
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-12-2010, 05:28 PM
I could care less about PvE content. Give us a well thought out Open RvR Zone and I will be a happy camper.

PvE bores the hell out me.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-12-2010, 05:33 PM
i tried the infected today for the first time, i am not a ground pounder but i bought the kit and off we went. all i can say is what a lot of crap, zerging borg zombies when we reached the main chamber the green nodes in the corners just kept resetting themselves.

i have done pve in a half dozen games and this was the worst by a huge margin i have ever encountered. if this is the best they can do then they sould give up now and go home. as a result the last remaining members of the fleet seem about ready to quit altogether
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-12-2010, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardept View Post
i tried the infected today for the first time, i am not a ground pounder but i bought the kit and off we went. all i can say is what a lot of crap, zerging borg zombies when we reached the main chamber the green nodes in the corners just kept resetting themselves.

i have done pve in a half dozen games and this was the worst by a huge margin i have ever encountered. if this is the best they can do then they sould give up now and go home. as a result the last remaining members of the fleet seem about ready to quit altogether
Compared to ********* this would be ????
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-12-2010, 06:27 PM
Anyone expecting massive PvE for Klingon's in the 45 day patch, wasn't being realistic. I logged onto test and tried what was there. The PvE missions aren't bad. I also like how some of them were written. I particularly enjoyed kicking meddling feds off a peaceful farming colony, that was aligned with the KDF. Also tons of cosmetic changes...I don't know if you noticed but...

- Graphics in general look greatly enhanced.
- We finally got a Klingon sounding computer.
- The federation animation were removed from the Transporter effect. Replaced with suitable Klingon animations.

Not to mention access to Fleet Actions and the CE. (When Klingon's BoP's start stomping the CE regularly...there will be interest in playing a Klingon...).

It's also the first of MANY updates. Things will be released incrementally..not all at once. Which is smart. I'd rather have the content come to us as bug free and well thought out as possible.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-12-2010, 09:58 PM
Yeah, I have been a voice for Klingon PVE since the very begining. I am happy that they are doing star clusters, but disappointed that we are not going to have those Star Fleet arcs. The story arcs are one of the best things in the game. Klingons feel very unfinished. From the ships to the clothing to missions, it seems like Federation with forehead crests. The voices on the ship, etc. etc. I really hope we will be seeing some more work put into the Klingons by summer.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-12-2010, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstahr View Post
Anyone expecting massive PvE for Klingon's in the 45 day patch, wasn't being realistic. I logged onto test and tried what was there. The PvE missions aren't bad. I also like how some of them were written. I particularly enjoyed kicking meddling feds off a peaceful farming colony, that was aligned with the KDF. Also tons of cosmetic changes...I don't know if you noticed but...

- Graphics in general look greatly enhanced.
- We finally got a Klingon sounding computer.
- The federation animation were removed from the Transporter effect. Replaced with suitable Klingon animations.

Not to mention access to Fleet Actions and the CE. (When Klingon's BoP's start stomping the CE regularly...there will be interest in playing a Klingon...).

It's also the first of MANY updates. Things will be released incrementally..not all at once. Which is smart. I'd rather have the content come to us as bug free and well thought out as possible.
Can you elaborate on that ? Do we get a VO in Klingon saying that "enemy's shields are down" ?