Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
03-13-2010, 04:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVanceJr
I'm not saying what's on Tribble ISN'T all the Klingon-side is going to be enjoying, but you may be a bit too hasty with the righteous indignation. You've also been heartily responded to over there, but to share the important parts here ...

1) KDF wasn't intended to be a PVE faction
2) Fed PVE has had a year or two of development to get where it's at
3) KDF is going to have to be patient so that our content is delicious and meaningful. 45 days isn't enough to develop and code 45 levels of content.
Wrong, KDF was intended as a full faction, both PvE and PvP. The devs did announce that Klingons wouldn't be finished yet in time for release and that they would be INITIALLY a PvP faction. Klingon faction should receive all the PvE goodies, otherwise I see a lot more people cancelling sub if Cryptic doesn't get it's priorities right. I've noticed a lot of people on my friends list simply not logging in anymore so the situation is getting more and more troublesome everyday.

And I do totally agree that you can't expect to see the magical light after only 45 days post launch. Adding stuff takes time and yep Fed PvE had about 2 more years of development. Hopefully we'll see some missions transfer over from Fed PvE with a bit of a Klingon "touch".

We'll see what it brings in the long run, I personally am not going anywhere but if the game goes down like Tabula Rasa did then let's just say that I wouldn't be overly surprised. I've seen it all before and I'm bound to see it again. Only time can tell...
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-13-2010, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohzken
Someone mentioned Klingons weren't meant to be a pve-action. Ya well... that statement is true but if you analyse it further you can also say: it's just a lousy excuse to not add any klingon content. Just copy federation faction, change models(values) and some minor adjustments in the skillmenu + abilities like cloak. Et voila you have a new faction without content. Bravo *g*.
I would say this could be true for things like the Patrol Sector missions, but seriously, don't you think we're gonna call *BS* on that? I don't think a single person wants to see "copy and paste" Episodes however. Really those are the steak and potatoes missions. The Fed side has some really good ones too. I'd like to see the Klingons get some nice meaty goodness - episodes that make you proud to be Klingon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meynolt View Post
Wrong, KDF was intended as a full faction, both PvE and PvP.

We'll see what it brings in the long run, I personally am not going anywhere but if the game goes down like Tabula Rasa did then let's just say that I wouldn't be overly surprised. I've seen it all before and I'm bound to see it again. Only time can tell...
I'll stand corrected then.

As an aside, I think TR had too much going against it. I tried to enjoy the game but spent too much time going "Huh?" to really get into it.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-13-2010, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roter_Panda

Btw I really don't care much about PvE anyway, I hope they make great PvP in the future.
HAH!

they are ripping off WoW BG's, how exiting do you think it will end up?

if only MMO devs would look at ****'s rvr system...

THAT is some serious stuff to take ideas from...
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-13-2010, 02:11 PM
Please provide constructive feedback, as it will help the developers. Simply stating you hate this, you hate that, or I quit, isn't going to do anything to help them. Put the should've would've could've aside, and help Cryptic out by providing suggestions. They have shown this community that they are listening to us, and are doing the best they can. All mmo's start out unfinished, even WoW did, but nobody remembers that anymore. In fact an mmo is never finished, it's always changing, and content is always being added. Just need to have some patience, and be willing to provide feedback of what should be added and or changed.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-13-2010, 03:32 PM
I love my Klingon character... much more than my fed. I'm an Admiral 5 on fed but only a Lt. 2 on Klingon just because I don't like pvping back to back. I'm glad to hear that we're getting the clusters but seriously I agree with you we NEED some robust PvE options badly.
Lt. Commander
# 26 more Klink PVE
03-13-2010, 07:11 PM
I would too would like to see some more meanful content both pvp and pve for Klingons. I could visualize a mission that involved attacking a fed or other appropriate factions convoy and boarding ships to secure tech etc. This should be fairly easy to make from exisiting code in fed missions.

The content could also help set the stage for more robust and meanful pvp by having an open consenual pvp area. These type of missions could then involve pvp. Feds would be able to defend and aid while Klinks could conquer. All of this will take time, but if the developers let us know that these types of things are possible then I have the patience to wait and keep participating. The star trek universe has a powerful draw for me that other mmo space titles lack. I just want to know good things will come so I can swallow the frustration I currently feel for my Klink toon.

I play both fed and klink but really want to see klingon play improved with more pve. I would like to see both factions as well as any new factions bennifit by the creation of meaningful pvp.
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-14-2010, 05:57 AM
I was looking forward to this patch in order to create a klink after it, and have some fun. Sadly, after seeing Klingon side getting nothing with it, except few copy-pasted exploration clusters and same boring fleet actions no one bothers doing more then once, I don't think I could stand repeating same crappy mission all over to BG.

Not to mention FvF pvp.. Klingon queues, regardless how small playerbase your side has, will skyrocket to 20 mins at peak hours.

Have to admit, I admire you guys for loving Klingon side so much, even though you have 0 content to go trough. Don't think I'd ever be able to get my fed up to RA5 without some story... game is just too shallow.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-14-2010, 08:18 AM
20 minutes? Peak hours? I don't wait for more than 10 seconds in my queues.
I am Commander 8.
Now, I agree that there is alot of lacking content.
I mean, there is so much PVE we CAN have.
Taking down the Gorn/Nausican resistance. Fighting the Dominion on thier property.
Since Klingons are so hard up on the Undine, we can at least SEE one in our career.
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-14-2010, 04:11 PM
I'll come back when the PVE content is updated for the Klingons, not too big on PVP.

PVP is meh.
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-14-2010, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVanceJr
I'm not saying what's on Tribble ISN'T all the Klingon-side is going to be enjoying, but you may be a bit too hasty with the righteous indignation. You've also been heartily responded to over there, but to share the important parts here ...

1) KDF wasn't intended to be a PVE faction
2) Fed PVE has had a year or two of development to get where it's at
3) KDF is going to have to be patient so that our content is delicious and meaningful. 45 days isn't enough to develop and code 45 levels of content.
1) Sad if they actually had this in mind. Real pathetically uber sad. Actually I pray no one involved in creating an online game is this stupid and it was stated by someone that wasnt in the know.

2) It takes 15 minutes to make a mission. Im not guessing Im a programmer. It takes 15 minutes to create a mission in a game like this.

3) 15 minutes per mission story line wise needed to create a mission. Another hour max to lay out away mission content per area and on some of the fed ones, it taking an hour is being pretty damn kind.

Example of how a 2 year old could make some of these missions, lets look at the beam down scan 4 alien objects and leave. Give me a break if that counts as hard mission creation.