Lt. Commander
# 41
03-15-2010, 05:12 AM
A good MMO needs Elves/Dark Elves = Romulans
Lt. Commander
# 42
03-15-2010, 06:59 AM
This feels like
"Two wheels are missing and the brakes don't work properly, but we've added airconditioning!"
It would be nice of Cryptic to tell us whether they intend to release new Klingon content before, after or with the new factions...or never.
At least then I can kill my Klingon char to make room for a new faction dude.
Lt. Commander
# 43
03-15-2010, 05:45 PM
Just say NO to Borg. They have no business whatsoever being playable in this game, it would destroy their credibility and any respect anyone has left for them as the "force of nature" they once were. Just no.

Romulans next, then Cardassians get my vote. I would not want to see the Dominion itself playable, either.
Lt. Commander
# 44
03-16-2010, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Temiel
A good MMO needs Elves/Dark Elves = Romulans
actually the romulans are romans in space, with a vulcan heritage no less

regarding a borg playable race...
it could be the unimatrix 0 'collective' with no access to cubes
(cuz those would be way out of any RA ships league)

but i rather not see borg as a playerfaction, romulans ..yes... you gota love the D'deredex class,
best looking star trek ship ever created for the shows, if you ask me.
I just wonder how they would add the Scimitar with primary and secondary shielding ... that ship only had like the mass of 4-5 Enterprise E's or more...
Lt. Commander
# 45
03-16-2010, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szun
but i rather not see borg as a playerfaction, romulans ..yes... you gota love the D'deredex class,best looking star trek ship ever created for the shows, if you ask me.
I just wonder how they would add the Scimitar with primary and secondary shielding ... that ship only had like the mass of 4-5 Enterprise E's or more...
Not to mention that the Scimitar had 52 disruptor banks and 27 photon torpedo bays, along with its perfect shielding. I can see it now, in PvP in order to find the Scimitar you will have to have a Betazoid female BO who was mentally "harassed" by the Scimitars captain run her hands along a console.
Lt. Commander
# 46
03-16-2010, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmaker01 View Post
The next faction will be the Romulans. Why?

1) There are already Romulan warship models ingame, just like Cardassian & Dominion ships, however...
2) The Romulans are the 3rd of the 3 major factions introduced by TOS.
3) The Romulans have long been a major player militarily and politically in the quadrant ever since their TOS introduction.
4) The Romulans have been embroiled in numerous conflicts with the Klingons and Federation. If you really get down to the nitty gritty of wars in Star Trek, most of the depicted or heavily mentioned ones involve the original 3 factions... Federation, Klingons, and Romulans. Even better is a combination of 2 against 1 every now and then.

The Romulans have been so important to the history and background of Star Trek, that not making them the next playable faction would be a**-backwards.

Even the Cardassians, so heavily depicted in DS9, have a mere footnote history in Star Trek compared to the Romulans.
You could also add ...

5) With Nimoy providing voice overs, and the overall story of STO involving the Hobus Supernova, the events from Nemesis and the Abrams Trek, (as well as the aforementioned point 1, that the Romulan ship models already exist) ... the Romulans would be the easiest faction to add into the game right now that takes advantage of the resources and lore they have in place. The Cardassians would be the second easiest. But the Romulans by far would be the easiest.

I'm cool with Romulans being added. By July Klingon PVE will be out and the Klingon Empire will be a tad healthier.

I love Romulans in the shows and movies.

I would like to see Cardassians added eventually too as a faction.

And with a Diplomacy type system of gameplay put in ... the faction gameplay could get extremely fun for everyone.
Lt. Commander
# 47
03-16-2010, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
You could also add ...

. . .

I'm cool with Romulans being added. By July Klingon PVE will be out and the Klingon Empire will be a tad healthier.

. . . .
Klingon PVE will be out by July? Where are you hearing this? How much PvE? July of which year?

Tad healthier? The Klingon Empire is currently a dead man walking, and the 45-day update amounts to putting a bandaid on a sucking chest wound.

Like the tree falling in the forest, when the Empire falls will anyone be there to hear if it make a noise?
Lt. Commander
# 48
03-17-2010, 01:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STObee
Klingon PVE will be out by July? Where are you hearing this? How much PvE? July of which year?

Tad healthier? The Klingon Empire is currently a dead man walking, and the 45-day update amounts to putting a bandaid on a sucking chest wound.

Like the tree falling in the forest, when the Empire falls will anyone be there to hear if it make a noise?
July..thats..a bit TOO long to expect paying subs to stick around, sorry but if its true they may as well just go ahead and nerf the klingons to hell and back because no one will be around on that side to complain about it then.
Lt. Commander
# 49
03-17-2010, 02:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordTareq View Post
Borg is impossible without completely ruining their background. There are no individuals, no captains aboard Borg ships, no social hubs, drones don't even speak to eachother. And their ships would have to be balanced against Federation/Klingon ships and thus be severely underpowered compared to canon.
They are much better suited for a PVE endgame faction imo.

First playable faction should be Romulans, as they are part of the original big 3 powerful factions from the original series. Then the Cardassians, possibly as part of the Dominion.
you are forgetting about the liberated borg alliance.....but i agree playable borg is not a good idea, they have already been reduced to cartoon villainy, instead of galactic menace. and i agree completely that they should continue to be the endgame PvE faction, cryptic has a unique opportunity to actually make the borg menacing again, so far they have not taken it.

in regards to romulans i for one would relish to be a romulan commander on a warbird... or perhaps a tal'shiar major.
Lt. Commander
# 50
03-19-2010, 08:27 AM
I would be happy with cardys or romulans as long as its not the same as i've had to with the KDF. ie grind all the way through the ranks with nothing but 3or 4 PvP maps!

As for the borg well i like the borg but there supposed to take a fleet to stop 1 or 2 ships not 1 or 2 ships to scrap a cube! maybe if to unlock you had to have an Admiral and General 5 so only experienced players get them and No Cubes! as a small faction

What about the Breen? A powerful empire/world that has solid Cannon to build on without knowing too much about them to give the devs some room for creativity (even as only a hostile faction non playable id like to kill some of them, they are worthy opponents)