Go Back   Star Trek Online > Fleet Administrative Station > Earth Spacedock
Login

Lt. Commander
Excerpt from the Institute Archives follow below:
Established in the late 21st Century, the ACI was founded as The American Continent Institute on the principles of Manifest Destiny and adventure, two key attributes that drove Americans westward during the 19th century. A think tank of multicultural scientists and engineers from diverse backgrounds began funding their then "small pet project" in hopes of spurring on a new age of exploration and colonization throughout the galaxy. It later changed its name to The Alpha Centauri Institute in the 23rd century to reflect a non-Earth centric viewpoint, and moved its head quarters to a starbase orbiting the Alpha Centauri IV planetoid.

The ACI seeks to promote friendship among the various races, through shared technology use and research. The ACI also acknowledges that use of force is necessary at some times and is therefore outfitted with some of the most advanced technology available outside of Starfleet Intelligence.

In its state today, the ACI is a Starfleet sanctioned Institute with members of hundreds of races across various cultural and political backgrounds. All of these beings are brought together by a common goal: One of the advancement of technology and the protection of it from those who would seek to use it for nefarious purposes.

We have been around for some time now and have witnessed the birth of many new technologies and inventions, wars and research has always been two partners whom never let one another go entirelly. As the Federation is now once more on the verge of a world shattering conflict, we of the ACI stands ready to pour our minds and bodies into making certain our men and women serving in this war have cutting edge technology for both defence and offence. As a fleet we may not be as agressive as the main starfleet armada's but we boast a number of highly skilled and well trained individuals who has seen their fair share of combat already and will continue to fight until the war is won.

We seek willing souls, Men and women who are willing to sign onto the institute, like minded researchers and warriors alike for these trying times. What we offer in return is nothing short of excellently dedicated leadership and a group of scientists willing to do whatever it takes to win this. We answer to the Prime Directive just as everyone else however.

ooc wise:

We have undergone a remodeling of our guild since launch and are now re-opening the doors to new entries into the ACI as we are rebooting the efforts of recruitment and in-game matters like events and such. If you have any questions whatsoever at this point, i will gladly try to answer them, here or you may send me a pm on these forums and ill answer privately. I am working withing the ACI's Human resources and is thusly responsible for recruitment efforts together with a fellow officer. We are not some "newbified" bunch of children trying to make their star trek dreams come true here, we love the game and we will also excel at it. We, all of us, have our aims high and plan to fight hard and united. And have alot of fun doing it! I hope youll be interested and if not, i could try to pursaude you with the cookie tray in the corner.. but that would be oh so low so i shall not mention it .

Below follows some links to our forum homepage, where there is far more information then i felt prudent to put up here .

ACI-main web page.

Edit: You may now contact me in-game for any future concerns or questions under the name of Silveda@Quarie .

Signed, Silveda of Human resources department.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-12-2010, 03:13 AM
A quick, semi-shameless bump to the front by the ever present Human Resource Department. *nibbles a cookie and leans back, waiting in her recruits.*
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-12-2010, 08:34 PM
*glances at the cup of coffe and the plate of cookies infront of her for a moment, checks the clock, checks the nanite mind control device , shrugs and bumps this thread without remorse in a most scientific manner*
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-12-2010, 09:00 PM
I might be interested on one of my characters. His name is Boros, he's an android based off Data.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-13-2010, 09:43 PM
ooh, that would be a most welcome addition, i dont think we have an android in the institute yet. any questions mayhaps? else you could look over the site i linked to for more deep going information ooc and ic wise.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-19-2010, 06:01 AM
Hi everyone,

I thought I would just comment that we in the ACI intend to have frequent roleplay events. Presently, these events are held primarily on Saturday or Sunday, but that will change as we grow. Our first event since the fleet reorganization is tomorrow. Additionally, there are plans in the works for next week's event as well. If anyone is interested, please visit the ACI website here.

We are a tight knit community of roleplayers who are seeking new members. If that is the kind of environment you are looking for, look no further and head over to the website.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-01-2010, 10:50 PM
Right, update.. We have grown considerably since the making of this post and if you wish to have more detailed information, you may now find me in game under the name of Silveda@Quarie. Dont hesitate.. we welcome any sentient and intelligent lifeforms with the will to improve themselves and the Quadrant.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-03-2010, 01:41 AM
*BUMP*

This is a good RP fleet people you would be foolish not to join, and thats from an outsider.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-03-2010, 11:00 PM
why thank you! it is always nice to be complimented .
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-03-2010, 07:36 AM
The Alpha Centauri Institute is still looking for new members interested in Role-Play and Role-Playing events. If you are interested in joining and participating with this great group of mature, talented people, then please contact either Silveda (Silveda@Quarie) or myself (Sanek@Cerebus06) with your questions or request - you can contact us here or in game. We'll be happy to talk with you and answer any questions you have.