Lt. Commander
# 31
03-22-2010, 05:06 AM
I switched back in my 7900 GT, and everything was running fine...until this last huge patch, the pre-Season One patch. Suddenly I'm experiencing the same thing I described in the OP again.

It must be some kind of memory leak. It can't be my card because it performs flawlessly on everything else.
Lt. Commander
# 32
03-22-2010, 06:04 AM
I have also a problem since the last couple of patches.
I will be in the middle of a mission and then my graphic card goes **** up and then my computer locks up and i have to pull the plug and start up again. Its very annoying.
Lt. Commander
# 33
03-22-2010, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzard981 View Post
I have also a problem since the last couple of patches.
I will be in the middle of a mission and then my graphic card goes **** up and then my computer locks up and i have to pull the plug and start up again. Its very annoying.
Have you tried Alt-Tabbing out of the game and going back in? That way you don't lose your place in the mission and you get your performance back temporarily.
Lt. Commander
# 34
03-22-2010, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyronea View Post
It must be some kind of memory leak. It can't be my card because it performs flawlessly on everything else.
It's NOT your card, I promise you that. Your card is fine. It's the game itself. When a pair of 5870's in CrossfireX have the same thing happen, it's not the video cards at that point. There's no way in HECK that a single 5870 isn't enough to play this game maxed out, let alone a pair of them in CrossfireX mode.
Lt. Commander
# 35
04-10-2010, 05:31 AM
I'm having a similar issue with my Ailenware 17x. Ever since the Season One patch hit, my framerate has hit rock bottom. The controls are so spongey that I can barely control which direction my character/ship is facing. As of this moment I'm running with:

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M G
Chip type: GeForce 9400
Display Memory: 1902 MB
Dedicated Memory: 238 MB
Shared Memory: 1663 MB
Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,n vwgf2um,nvwgf2um
Driver File Version: 8.17.0011.9562 (English)
Driver Version: 8.17.11.9562

I know i'm not the most techincally astute user, but since this config was working just fine before the Season One Patch, is there any chance the issues mentioned in this thread is also what's killing my game performance?

Thanks in advance for any help or guidance in solving this issue. As of this moment the game is unplayable.
Lt. Commander
# 36
04-10-2010, 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halbjorn
I'm having a similar issue with my Ailenware 17x. Ever since the Season One patch hit, my framerate has hit rock bottom. The controls are so spongey that I can barely control which direction my character/ship is facing. As of this moment I'm running with:

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M G
Chip type: GeForce 9400
Display Memory: 1902 MB
Dedicated Memory: 238 MB
Shared Memory: 1663 MB
Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,n vwgf2um,nvwgf2um
Driver File Version: 8.17.0011.9562 (English)
Driver Version: 8.17.11.9562

I know i'm not the most techincally astute user, but since this config was working just fine before the Season One Patch, is there any chance the issues mentioned in this thread is also what's killing my game performance?

Thanks in advance for any help or guidance in solving this issue. As of this moment the game is unplayable.
Have you tried alt-tabbing out when the game gets slow? It's been known to help in some situations.
Lt. Commander
# 37
04-11-2010, 01:40 AM
I've been having horrible graphic issues with my ATI Radeon HD 4670 1GB card. Everything was working fine before the recent update but ever since then if I try to play the game on the recommended settings or higher, even though it worked fine before, the game freezes and stutters and I am eventually presented with a "SERVER NOT RESPONDING" message before I get booted. Only solution I have found so far was to move back to my ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT card which is working fine.

Intel Core 2 Quad 9300 (2.5GHz)
ATI Radeon HD 4670 1GB
500GB HDD
4GB RAM
Lt. Commander
# 38
04-11-2010, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyronea View Post
Ever since the past couple of patches, the game has gone from excellent to completely tanking graphics wise.

I get huge amounts of rubber-banding, rubber-banding on steroids basically to where my ship or character will snap back to its former location several times a second, constantly, rendering it completely out of my control even as things around me continue to act. (Often meaning that my ship is defenseless and is destroyed in a matter of seconds.)

If that wasn't enough, even when that's not happening the framerate has suddenly dropped enormously.

I can't see how it could be an issue on my side. I've got a quad core CPU with eight gigs of DDR3 RAM and an NVidia 9400 GFX card, and, as I said, it was performing beautifully up until the past couple of patches when suddenly this started to happen, without my having altered anything. And nothing I do seems to stop it. I've tried messing with the video settings many times, even setting them at the lowest settings and I still get the exact same problem. I've ensured nothing else is running in the background and still, same problem no matter what. It essentially renders the game unplayable, and I am completely baffled by what could be causing it.
Hmm is this just being on STO in general of a certain area. I would recommend that you get another RAM. That's what I did before the game came out. Having 4 RAM works like a charm and so far only in [crap forgot the name-PvP area where Feds and Klingons have to scan/destroy Borg devices]. Although my 8600 GFX isn't up-to-date the game preety much runs smoothly.
Lt. Commander
# 39
04-12-2010, 03:37 PM
I had tried alt-tabbing out but what I did find was that when STO was open all of my web content loaded immensely slowly as well. YouTube movies would crash as well. The most useful (partial) fix is by changing my screen resolution so one that's lower than my desktop's resolution. Unfortunately that makes the UI take up a disproportionally large amount of space, and it doesn't fix the issue completely. Just makes it less bad.
Lt. Commander
# 40
04-14-2010, 10:06 PM
I'm having issues here too. I used to have a very smooth game, but it's become very choppy now. Around the time of the Season 1 patch, or a patch shortly after, I started seeing texturing issues when warping into missions. Basically, the textures appeared at a very low resolution for a few seconds, then finally 'popped in' at the full resolution. Once that happened though, it seemed things were still working fairly well throughout the mission itself.

Today (Wednesday, 14th) with this latest patch, I'm getting down to being on the verge of a slideshow -- and that's just soloing a mission, no fleet action or whatnot. I used to play fleet actions, deep space encounters and all that with no problems.

I've not made any recent changes to my video card or drivers recently.

EDIT: Rebooting my system did seem to fix the slideshow for the time being. Still have the slow texturing issue when warping into a system.

Video card: nVidia GeForce 8800GT (512MB)
Video driver version: 196.21
Windows XP Pro (SP3 - 32 bit)
2GB RAM
Intel Core2Duo E8400 dual core processor @ 3.0 Ghz