Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
03-12-2010, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx4th View Post
Kirk would've punched the living daylights out of every borg, then HE assimilated THEM to make them do his bidding.

And if Kirk met Q, he wouldn't allow Q to take the Enterprise to have a first contact situation with the Borg. Kirk would've taken Q to Ten Forward, got him drunk, and proceeded to flirt with every hot ensign around.
Actually...I think Q would have liked Kirk so much, he would have given him the powers of the Continuum...then Kirk would have just mopped the floor with Q, and conquered the universe.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
03-12-2010, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sural_Argonus
Actually...I think Q would have liked Kirk so much, he would have given him the powers of the Continuum...then Kirk would have just mopped the floor with Q, and conquered the universe.
I doubt it, if you see how he responds to Sisko hitting him, I doubt Q would like Kirk much.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
03-12-2010, 09:18 AM
weirdly, Those are all the reason i don't like Kirk.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14 #86
03-12-2010, 09:46 AM
If #86 wasn't on there I was going to recommend it be changed to the top 101 reasons....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
03-12-2010, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintHazard View Post

Did Kirk get assimilated by the Borg and subjected to unimaginable mental tortures, while having to watch himself order the destruction of thousands of his own people, including friends, and not only survive, but heal entirely?
Actually... if you read any of Shatners books, the Borg go and reanimate his body with nanites after Picard leaves his body on the planet during "Generations".. quite a few books about it, he then goes on to deal with his mirror universe self, in example:

The Ashes of Eden
The Return
Avenger
Spectre
Dark Victory
Preserver
Captain's Peril
Captain's Blood
Captain's Glory
Academy: Collision Course
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
03-12-2010, 10:20 AM
I think Kirk and Picard are great in different ways. And to be quite honest, I've been pretty anti-Shatner in the past...however, watching old episodes sort of makes me think I should give him a try.

Picard is way more into his head, but that doesn't mean that Kirk isn't smart. I think, for their times and THEIR ships, they work. They're different people, and I don't think I would be interested in a show that just fills cookie cutter characters in every series. Kirk knows how to kick some tush, but that's not to say that Picard isn't able to handle himself in a fight on occasion as well.

Kirk was much younger than Picard. It was an earlier time in the Federation. Different things were happening, and there was a need for a Kirk. And then the Federation aged and other things were going on and along came Picard and he was needed.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
03-12-2010, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simi_Parthenopaeus
Actually... if you read any of Shatners books, the Borg go and reanimate his body with nanites after Picard leaves his body on the planet during "Generations".. quite a few books about it, he then goes on to deal with his mirror universe self, in example:

The Ashes of Eden
The Return
Avenger
Spectre
Dark Victory
Preserver
Captain's Peril
Captain's Blood
Captain's Glory
Academy: Collision Course
Never quote soft canon, especially that made with shatner's permission :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
03-12-2010, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessa Holly
I think Kirk and Picard are great in different ways. And to be quite honest, I've been pretty anti-Shatner in the past...however, watching old episodes sort of makes me think I should give him a try.

Picard is way more into his head, but that doesn't mean that Kirk isn't smart. I think, for their times and THEIR ships, they work. They're different people, and I don't think I would be interested in a show that just fills cookie cutter characters in every series. Kirk knows how to kick some tush, but that's not to say that Picard isn't able to handle himself in a fight on occasion as well.

Kirk was much younger than Picard. It was an earlier time in the Federation. Different things were happening, and there was a need for a Kirk. And then the Federation aged and other things were going on and along came Picard and he was needed.
Ridiculous woman! This is a thread of opposing opinions! There is no place for reason here!

Take your "equality" and "respect for the opinions of others" somewhere else! :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
03-12-2010, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintHazard View Post
Did Kirk learn a complex alien language while simultaneously fighting an invincible electro-beast and establishing first contact with a new species?
Kirk would have established first contact...with his fists. After a quick consultation with Spock on using SCIENCE to find a weakness in the invincible alien, he would out-maneuver the alien and win. Instantly gaining the alien's respect for his combat prowess, the aliens would have learned English and worked out a good deal with the Federation.

Quote:
Did Kirk live an entire lifetime in the space of 20 minutes?
Twenty minutes is barely enough time to seduce and do the nasty with a hot alien, let alone live through it.

Quote:
Did Kirk get assimilated by the Borg and subjected to unimaginable mental tortures, while having to watch himself order the destruction of thousands of his own people, including friends, and not only survive, but heal entirely?
Kirk would get picked up by the Borg, fight through the drones, seduce the Queen, and then convince the Borg to live in peace with the Federation and give up their evil ways.

Quote:
Did Kirk see four lights?
As someone said, Kirk would have seen 3 lights after using one to beat the Cardassian to death with the 4th. Then seduce the interrogator's daughter.

I postulate that Kirk is the secret hybrid between Chuck Norris, James Bond, and Brock Samson.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
03-12-2010, 12:55 PM
Kirk>Picard. Kirk actually used his Phaer for pewpew
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:02 AM.