Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
03-16-2010, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STObee
This is important compared to having no appreciable Klingon content?

Y'all realize the Klingon faction is in a death spiral, right?
Y'all realize that klingon players trolling the federation forums wont get that fixed, right?
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-16-2010, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowrush View Post
I agree with the OP. Currently, my Prometheus is firing dual beams from its nacelles... which is kinda silly looking to me. It's not a big priority for me, but would love to see it fixed someday.
I dont get why they just dont have them fire out of the phaser strips on the saucer, the prometheus has two there already. it just makes sense.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-19-2010, 07:47 AM
I've been wondering if something in the coding makes each weapon type need to fire from a different hardpoint. Because otherwise it's hard to understand all the little red dots all over my ship...

Dual Beams, for example, never seem to use single beam or cannon hardpoints.
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-19-2010, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by count23 View Post
Oh no, i understand the point

And i'm saying it's wrong. Defiant class ships use beams and pulses.

But the beam emitters need to be on the dorsal and ventral , near th bridge and shuttlebay, not firing from the nacelle's pulse cannon hardpoints.
sigh....

The one guys said:

its not supposed to fire a beam cuz things overload.
Then the other guy you conveniently did not quote said "wait! that was one episode where they had to modify the deflecter, or sumthing!"

So i replied to THAT guy and specified the e going on of that episode.

Then people like you come along, totally miss the point and then ramble on about things no-one who has seen ds9 would ever argue over......
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-19-2010, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
I've been wondering if something in the coding makes each weapon type need to fire from a different hardpoint. Because otherwise it's hard to understand all the little red dots all over my ship...

Dual Beams, for example, never seem to use single beam or cannon hardpoints.
yet still they could have placed the hardpoints to the places were there are weapon located.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-19-2010, 04:43 PM
I talked with my father he called me dumb and told me he said only the Main firing weapon on the defiant has to be a cannon. lmao.
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-19-2010, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelspawn18 View Post
I talked with my father he called me dumb and told me he said only the Main firing weapon on the defiant has to be a cannon. lmao.
Did you show him the video? If he refuses to believe it with his own eyes, only other thing i can do is offer you to not bother trying to argue with him, people like that tend to live in their own little world.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-22-2010, 07:29 AM
I know the defiant had phasers but I'm not sure that they could fire both at the same time. That might be were the overload comes in. If you notice there is a few seconds in between firing the phasers and the pulse cannons.
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-22-2010, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by count23 View Post
Did you show him the video? If he refuses to believe it with his own eyes, only other thing i can do is offer you to not bother trying to argue with him, people like that tend to live in their own little world.

No you misunderstand, he knows it fires a phaser too. But the main weapon on teh defiant is its cannons, he said those were made to fire pulses because the weapon was too powerful to fire a concentrated beam.
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-22-2010, 12:00 PM
Phasers shooting out of the nacelles on my tier 2 science vessel is weird in that it's not correct but at the same it's also cool! Pew pew nacelles! Pew pew!