Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
03-12-2010, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rook0024
imo, those Fed players who knows how to pvp, actually knows how to pvp, instead of bicker about this and that towards 1 other faction, will probably stick with FvK. I get sick of shooting the mirror NPCs around the DS9 area...FvF would be boring, most likely in the beginning there will be cruisers, that will get rolled by the Science ships, and just like presently, Science ships will remain supreme, w/ the BO skills of the players choice (even after the patch) pvp in the game is about CC, no CC, expect to die.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickhowdy View Post
Ya you're totally right. We should just continue to queue up against players who sit there cloaked, de-cloak + SNB + VM our entire team and then the first fed dies without any fed firing a shot. Because that is so much fun.
rick, I recommend you stick with FvF if FvK isn't fun. there is no reason anybody should be expected to play something that's not fun, or at least rewarding in some way.

maybe there are other fed players who think FvK is fun -- just let them play FvK and don't worry about it.

-ken
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
03-12-2010, 02:24 PM
Factions are supposed to dislike each other. I've never been on a server where the Allies didn't hate the Horde, Horde didn't hate the Alliance, Order didn't hate Chaos, Chaos didn't hate Order, and everybody didn't hate Rogues. It is part of the game immersion.

I remember how Horde used to hate Pallies, and Alliance hated Shamans. However, imagine if Blizzard had coped out and made Horde v. Horde BGs. I remember how Chaos hated Bright Wizards, but imagine Chaos v. Chaos.

For the most part, PvP should always be against the opposing faction. KvK is a reasonable execption for two reasons: 1) Klingons have no PvE, and 2) It makes sense from a storytelling/immersion PoV.
FvF has none of these reasons going for it. In fact it has a huge reason going against it: it will further damage the KDF population.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
03-12-2010, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickhowdy View Post
Klingons refuse to fight each other in KvK because it's so much more fun to pick on players who do not have cloak. The advantage of cloak has spoiled them and they do not like having to go up against it. Not all Klingons are this way mind you, but enough that the ones with the balls to fight will have 40 min. queues and will probably just roll a Fed to get their PvP fix.

I for one will never queue up against the Klingons after hearing NUMEROUS times that they refuse to queue up for capture and hold maps because they cannot sit cloaked for 20 minutes while Feds sit there waiting. They also can't spawn camp and win within 5 minutes, because the match is actually based on teamwork and strategy instead of stomping someone 5v1.

About a month of only getting 5v1 or 5v2 pvp on cracked planet has left me bitter. I'm not the only one. Klingons are digging their own grave by conducting themselves the way they do because once FvF comes out Feds will never be forced to play against the flying double standards known as Klingons.

"Hey fedtards!! im gunna cloak and hide until i get moar team you can wait kk??? btw next round we rushing you 5v1 kekeke"
Maybe you should try playing STO. I am playing it and have 3 Klings I play pretty regular like and NEVER see a case where we are sitting in a map waiting and waiting and waiting. I am so sick of this lame excuse. The only reason you want FvF is so you do not have to fight cloaked players, which is a shame. I know there are SOME Feds that now how to play and do so very well as I get owned as often as I win... in all tiers.

If anything needs to be looked into its the morons running into a match and just going "here kill me so this ends quick so I can get more points faster" crap, that ruins PVP and gameplay for me more than anything right now in the lower tiers.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
03-12-2010, 04:19 PM
There are too many blanket statements here. "All feds to this", "All Klingons do that."

There is truth to what EVERYBODY has said. Everybody has had a different perspective and a different experience.

The truth is that this can very well help the game. For those people who are not enjoying pvp as it is,..and want to do some FvF, they can. I feel that those becoming frustrated and who won't even queue up any more for pvp,...now just may do exactly that.

That keeps players in the game.. and that is good for everybody.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
03-12-2010, 04:50 PM
From playing other games of this nature and the ability to engage other Feds will open this game wide open and draw in a much greater crowd then they have now. I believe allot of feds are getting tired of Klingons not wanting to engage in an honorable fashion or waiting like a rat to attack in a group against a lone fed ship. This will stop that rediculous and unsportsman like play in its tracks. I personally am looking forward to the Fed vs Fed, Its getting old to only engage the empire when its 3 or 4 on 1. Rarely I get lucky and get to engage 2 which is too greater odds in my favor as far as they are concerned. Speaking for a few Feds who I have became friends with. Its going to be refreshing. I can even see leagues being formed. Fleet vs Fleet. Let the Klingon play their back stabbing honorless playing style. We will have great battles to test our tactics, wits and loadouts against each other, something the empire cant comprehend.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
03-12-2010, 05:48 PM
I play a fed and love pvp. I would rather kill klingons but I also welcome the fvf. Main reason is I am getting sick and tired of all these bop's running around with science made ship with the op fbp destroying fed cruisers and science ships. It isnt a l2p or qq more. The science skills are op atm and if you say other wise your only fooling yourself. It just gives the game a breath of fresh air for some people. Will I stop pvping against klingons hell no. Seeing how on average I wait 30+ minutes on a queue, I can do some fvf while waiting and have some fun. Fbp will be used in fvf but atleast it will be more even because 2/3 ships use beams and I can live with that. Just my 2 cents on this subject.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17 Regulaors'
03-12-2010, 06:17 PM
Ur kinding right
1.Fed suck they win 1 out of every five pvp
2.KvK we play KvK just to have a real game
3.if fed stop playing KvF PvP we will just Play KvK i believe Klingon would discover this to be a better option in the future
4.Only the good player will fight KvF, FvFwould allow the sucky feds to keep on sucking
5.This would work out great because we will weed out the weak and have so real fun

Thank you no dis to feds there may be some pertty good ones and if they had other good player they could be better FED are not crappy just out classed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drcereal View Post
A lot of people have been asking "How will FvF kill the Klingon faction?" and apparently can honestly not understand how this would happen. I thought I'd take the time to explain how/why.


Let me use an analogy from another game most of you will be familiar with. One major complaint that you hear on the forums from Fed PvPers is about cloaking: the Klingons have it, and the Feds do not. Now, cloaking, has undeniable tactical advantages: surprise, choosing encounters, initial positional advantage, etc. The hope is that this advantage is balanced out by other factors (Fed's bigger hulls, Sci. ships). In short, Klingons ships (for the most part) are like Rogues.

Now suppose you play a Shaman. Like most Shamans you hate Rogues. If you were given an option to do battlegrounds against groups with NO ROGUES, with no down-side, would you not take it? "Gee, I can do battlegrounds mostly against Rogues, or against no rogues whatsoever... I wonder which choice I'll make..."

Now, in a normal world like WoW, this would be bad, but not game-breaking. Now imagine if Rogues could ONLY level through PvP, and now everyone has the choice to NOT PvP against them...


So there you have it. If you still cannot see how FvF has the potential to kill off KDF, then, well, what more can I say. Now, of course, these are all likelihoods and possibilities. Is it *possible* that KDF would survive FvF? Sure, it's possible; jut not likely unless Cryptic makes some other rather drastic changes to the game.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
03-12-2010, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merel
As a Fed Player I don't feel like playing against Kling Blob and its magical powers.

I can bet I'm not the only one. PVP against Kling has become too complicated and not fun for average players.

No one likes to lose all the time, if I like to play chess, I'm not going to play Grandmasters all the time or I'll become desperate.

Let's say Klings won, now give us a fun PVP to play. Maybe Fed/Fed is what casual players need.
Hopefully, you are science officer in a science ship - if not your in for one hell of a suprise.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
03-12-2010, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKfourtyseven
Ur kinding right
1.Fed suck they win 1 out of evey five pvp
2.KvK we play KvK just to have a real game
3.if fed stop playinf KvF PvP we will just Play KvK i believe Klingon would discover this to be a better option in future
4.Only the good player will even fight us the one that suck will stay sucking and pla FvF because to unset with getting handed a very uneven loss.
5.This would work out great because we will weed out the weak and have so real fun

Thank you no dis to feds thiers some pertty good ones if they had other good player they could be better FED are not crappy just out classed.
Huked on foniks wurked fer mi

This is a bunch of broad generalizations written in even worse grammar.

This post has my seal of approval.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
03-12-2010, 07:50 PM
9 times out of 10 when i am not in my escort but running the cruiser, if 2 empire engage me and things start looking bad for them, they run. They hit there cloak and scurry off like afraid mice. This is very common to allot of Feds and I am sure they can relate to this. This is enough reason to want actual tactical playing FvF action so the just can get their rewards in a nice battle.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:49 PM.