Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Putting canon aside for the moment, any thoughts on adding in some Free for All pvp? Meaning everyone for themselves, Klingon's, Federation, Romulans, etc.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
03-12-2010, 07:45 AM
I do think it's a good way to resolve the issue when there aren't enough people in the queues without actually having to do "FvF" or "KvK".

FFA Map. Min: 2 players from any side, max: 10 total players (or whatever).

Just call them:
Paranoia Nebula (Space)
Paranoia Planet (Ground)

Someone in the thread I posted about this suggested you just put up a blurb about how you are in an area that makes everyone think that everyone else is trying to kill them, thus, FFA.



You could also do a "Mixed Team" map.

"Federation and Klingon captains work together to combat an enemy team of Undine posing as Federation and Klingon captains."

So if there's 2 Klingons and 8 Feds in the queue, the game will take all 10, split them into two groups and have them fight each other. Might be 1 Klingon and 4 Feds on each side, in this example. So it's still "team play" but it's not picky about who's on which side.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
03-12-2010, 07:51 AM
That could actually work!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
03-12-2010, 11:16 AM
I'd love to see zone chat in a "mixed team" map:

"die, filthy undine scum!"

"no u"
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
03-12-2010, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowreap
I'd love to see zone chat in a "mixed team" map:

"die, filthy undine scum!"

"no u"
Or...

"I'm not really undine! Let's all cooperate!"
"That's what I'd expect an Undine to say."
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
03-12-2010, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamz
You could also do a "Mixed Team" map.

"Federation and Klingon captains work together to combat an enemy team of Undine posing as Federation and Klingon captains."

So if there's 2 Klingons and 8 Feds in the queue, the game will take all 10, split them into two groups and have them fight each other. Might be 1 Klingon and 4 Feds on each side, in this example. So it's still "team play" but it's not picky about who's on which side.
That's a really neat idea. I wouldn't mind teaming up with Ks from time to time, it would certainly lead to interesting new melded strategies. This also might be a good way of avoiding those tricky "one-sided OP abilities" everyone talks about, if both sides have an equal faction split.

And to add to the flavor, both sides are told that the other team are the Undine.

Maybe there could be a scenario in which, instead of just going after the other side, you can achieve some sort of objective that brings an Undine fighter into the battle on your team's side, so teams can choose to go straight for the enemy like usual, or get some powerful backup on their side first. In that scenario, recon would be hugely important, so your team knows what the other team is planning. Maybe in that scenario they'd have to make clear which side is playing the Undine, and the other side gets a F/K ship as backup. Just an idea, lol.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
03-13-2010, 06:28 AM
Can't say I like the idea of FFA maps. The game isn't really balanced along those lines. It would just get too many people whining about how OP medics are since they can't be killed 1 on 1, or how it should be renamed Science Team Online or something because of how everyone will play BOPs or science ships with VM in those scenarios. Put them in for people who like them, but you won't find me playing them.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
03-13-2010, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamz
I do think it's a good way to resolve the issue when there aren't enough people in the queues without actually having to do "FvF" or "KvK".

FFA Map. Min: 2 players from any side, max: 10 total players (or whatever).

Just call them:
Paranoia Nebula (Space)
Paranoia Planet (Ground)

Someone in the thread I posted about this suggested you just put up a blurb about how you are in an area that makes everyone think that everyone else is trying to kill them, thus, FFA.



You could also do a "Mixed Team" map.

"Federation and Klingon captains work together to combat an enemy team of Undine posing as Federation and Klingon captains."

So if there's 2 Klingons and 8 Feds in the queue, the game will take all 10, split them into two groups and have them fight each other. Might be 1 Klingon and 4 Feds on each side, in this example. So it's still "team play" but it's not picky about who's on which side.

I'd say that any number of episodes would make that kind of idea cannon. I'll support a true FFA map.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
03-13-2010, 09:33 AM
That could work. The premise could be that it is one of Q's little "games"


I also would love to see some sort of dynamic system of control where there are actually stakes. Like a race could control the neutral zone or something. Obviously allowing Klingons to invade Sol and Feds to invade Qo'nos will never happen, but having an actual sector for pvp would be nice. Would just have to work out the system of rewards and incentives for controlling the territory.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
03-13-2010, 10:03 AM
I vote yes to OP
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:42 PM.