Lt. Commander
# 11
03-12-2010, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawLessOne View Post
It seems to me that the Targ was a bonus for pre-order. If I am mistaken then maybe we can get one in the C-Store.
It is in the C-Store, but unclaimable unless you are a Klingon.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-12-2010, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeex View Post
Ummmm, nooo....

i understand you want ur health buff and whatnot, but.
You chose to play a klingon, hence teriffied tribble.
And you chose to play a fed, hence no targ.

One cannot simply declare that they should recieve a benefit that in either situation, they would not have.

in my opinion (not that it matters) you are lucky the tribble does anything for you at all. You are a KLINGON for cryin out loud...
Tribbles don't do anything for my Fed Klingon char or any of my Fed Klingon BOs...
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-12-2010, 09:30 AM
What about klingon-human hybrids, would they get a targ-****zu mixed breed?
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-12-2010, 10:01 AM
I wonder if Tribble usage should be a 'Fed Klingon's' biggest concern, rather than . . . oh, I don't know . . . 'why do I seem to have so little trouble slaughtering so many of my kin?'

I think it's completely ridiculous the number of Klingons in the Federation. You've got playable Klingons, Klingon BOs, Klingon NPCs, it seems like a never ending stream of them. Apparently there are so many turncoats out there that the last time my Klink was looking for BOs on the Exchange, Feds outnumbered loyal Klingons about 30 to 1. Sad and ridiculous. Maybe the best thing for Cryptic to do is stop working on the Klingon faction and prepare the Romulan and Cardassian factions, then they can fold the Klingon 'Empire' into the Federation and let Klinks play Fed PvE, after all, there are apparently so few loyal Klingons out there that the war is already lost anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-12-2010, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skolle
I wonder if Tribble usage should be a 'Fed Klingon's' biggest concern, rather than . . . oh, I don't know . . . 'why do I seem to have so little trouble slaughtering so many of my kin?'

I think it's completely ridiculous the number of Klingons in the Federation. You've got playable Klingons, Klingon BOs, Klingon NPCs, it seems like a never ending stream of them. Apparently there are so many turncoats out there that the last time my Klink was looking for BOs on the Exchange, Feds outnumbered loyal Klingons about 30 to 1. Sad and ridiculous. Maybe the best thing for Cryptic to do is stop working on the Klingon faction and prepare the Romulan and Cardassian factions, then they can fold the Klingon 'Empire' into the Federation and let Klinks play Fed PvE, after all, there are apparently so few loyal Klingons out there that the war is already lost anyway.
To be fair, no one really knows how many Klingons were born on Qo'noS versus how many were born on other planets within the Federation. Being that the game is set well beyond the treaty, many may have been born to Klingon immigrants that settled within the Federation's borders during peace time. It's kind of like the Japanese, Germans, and Italians that were already in the US, and fighting for the US during WWII.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-12-2010, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeex View Post
ya, ive never understood why i get more tribble drops from klingons. it just makes no sense. )
I like the explanation I saw some one put forth on the board here. Basically the Klingons are using the tribbles as cheap Undine detectors. If it looks like a Klingon but doesn't make the tribble sequel it's a shapeshifter.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-12-2010, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehotep
I like the explanation I saw some one put forth on the board here. Basically the Klingons are using the tribbles as cheap Undine detectors. If it looks like a Klingon but doesn't make the tribble sequel it's a shapeshifter.
This^

I thought of a way Tribbles could work for KDF.

Except... you need a new Tribble after each use.

Lt. Commander
# 18
03-12-2010, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow_Death View Post
To be fair, no one really knows how many Klingons were born on Qo'noS versus how many were born on other planets within the Federation. Being that the game is set well beyond the treaty, many may have been born to Klingon immigrants that settled within the Federation's borders during peace time. It's kind of like the Japanese, Germans, and Italians that were already in the US, and fighting for the US during WWII.
Couldn't the same then hold true for humans and the other various Federation races? Maybe Klinks need playable humans.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-12-2010, 08:42 PM
They should all get kitties named spot.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-12-2010, 08:42 PM
BTW, to answer the question on why Klingons have tribbles as loot:

Back when the Undine threat was first realized, the Klingon Empire decided that it was necessary to figure out a way to tell if a warrior was actually an Undine. Many different attempts to figure out a way, using the bodies of the Undine that attacked Ja'rod were unsuccessful. However, one day, the Klingons found a small patch of tribbles. Enraged, they began preparing an assault when they noticed one Klingon got up to the disguasting creatures, and to their surprise, did not scream in horror.

Thus, with the death of that Klingon, it was discovered that the Undine do not cause the same reaction in tribbles as do Klingons. From that moment on, it was by imperial decree that all warriors are to take with them, as standard gear, a large thick leather bag that holds 1 tribble. During security checks and customs, it is necessary for that Klingon to reach into his/her bag, and retrieve the abomination as proof of his lineage.

And that children, is why Klingons carry tribbles.