Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
03-12-2010, 10:45 AM
I'm a fan of the one where Freedie Mercury is fighting the Borg.
Lt. Commander
# 32
03-12-2010, 11:04 AM
Ill post just to say, Yeah ditch all the laoding screens
Lt. Commander
# 33
03-14-2010, 11:46 PM
In regards to the turbo lift, warping, or beaming down effects as loading screens... How awesome would it be if they some how tied the Server connection error into each loading screen...

The turbo lift could say it's stuck and you could press the control pad buttons an the star trek error tone would play... When it gets unstuck the Sfx of the turbolift resuming could play
Lt. Commander
# 34
03-14-2010, 11:54 PM
I rarely see loading screens for more than 3 seconds so I cant say Im really upset.

I do admit the idea of travel 'themed' loading screens did add significantly to immersion and I liked it despite the fact that I never have long enough to really think about it.
Lt. Commander
# 35
03-15-2010, 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
seriously in Open Beta the Loading Screens were rough but much more apropriate... seeing a Transporterbeam while beaming, seeing a Warp picture while warping... a Turboliftdoor while ...turbolifting.

Why those ugly random Loadingscreens now... at all?
Yes, I don't understand why they changed this as well. Seeing a transporter pad or beam while beaming down, a turbolift when loading a new level of a station or a ship, etc. definitely kept you in the game more than just randomly seeing a picture of DS9 as you beam down to a planet...
Lt. Commander
# 36
03-15-2010, 01:05 AM
If these load screens are all just jpgs why can't there be folder call /images or /pictures that will let us use screen shots from our games. I would much rather see my crew and ship then some random scar face chick with a bazooka.

Like they always say. It's the little things that make a difference and this little thing with crappy load screens also bothers me.