Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Klings all cloak, they move to ennemy group, they focus a target, set a target list and destroy them one by one.

1 sec, Fed group lose 1 ship, 5 secs Another ship, then it's 5/3, it's already finished.
Respawn scatters Fed group, Klings pick them one by one.

Honestly if you are a kling and you lose on this map ....You are really bad
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
03-12-2010, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merel
Klings all cloak, they move to ennemy group, they focus a target, set a target list and destroy them one by one.

1 sec, Fed group lose 1 ship, 5 secs Another ship, then it's 5/3, it's already finished.
Respawn scatters Fed group, Klings pick them one by one.

Honestly if you are a kling and you lose on this map ....You are really bad
That is where communication is lacking on the fed side. Also, feds tend to group at stupid locations so that when they respawn, they have the longest possible flight back to the group.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
03-12-2010, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merel
Klings all cloak, they move to ennemy group, they focus a target, set a target list and destroy them one by one.

1 sec, Fed group lose 1 ship, 5 secs Another ship, then it's 5/3, it's already finished.
Respawn scatters Fed group, Klings pick them one by one.

Honestly if you are a kling and you lose on this map ....You are really bad
Actually the fed group you are referring to is bad. The Klingons in your example are organized, so obviously they're going to have a big advantage. If you can't keep yourself alive for more than 1 second, and your team can't keep you alive longer than 5 then you are doing something very wrong.

Trust me, there are feds who know what they're doing, and it can be very hard to win against them.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
03-12-2010, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Charette View Post
Actually the fed group you are referring to is bad. The Klingons in your example are organized, so obviously they're going to have a big advantage. If you can't keep yourself alive for more than 1 second, and your team can't keep you alive longer than 5 then you are doing something very wrong.

Trust me, there are feds who know what they're doing, and it can be very hard to win against them.
I'm talking about pick up, maybe there is a valid strategy against this. I admit I don't know it.
The fact is it's way easier to organize Kling strategy (even in a pick up group) while quietly cloaking than when you are feds with you ass exposed all the time.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
03-12-2010, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Charette View Post
If you can't keep yourself alive for more than 1 second, and your team can't keep you alive longer than 5 then you are doing something very wrong.
Precisely. In a game of organized Ks against organized Feds, those first few seconds make all the difference. The Ks have the element of surprise on their side, but if they uncloak, focus fire on someone, and that person is still alive 10 seconds later, it becomes a fair fight.

In a fedball waiting for the Ks to attack, you know you'll either be getting focused, finding a target to focus on, or healing the person being focused. As a science healer in the fedball, I'm ready to either go wild on myself with heals and defensive abilities if I end up being the focus target, or ready to send all my heals to the person being focused the split second it becomes clear who that is, and only after those heals are done do I worry about firing on our team's target.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
03-12-2010, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merel
I'm talking about pick up, maybe there is a valid strategy against this. I admit I don't know it.
The fact is it's way easier to organize Kling strategy (even in a pick up group) while quietly cloaking than when you are feds with you ass exposed all the time.
The only strategy that we use (which goes away at T5 because of carriers being unable to cloak) is to call out an order of targets, and that isn't always done. What you as a fed player need to do is wait for the uncloak and weapons fire, watch for who's being shot at, and heal them with everything that you have. This will, 9 times out of 10, keep them alive long enough that your team can pick a target and focus fire.

Cloak is an advantage, no doubt about it, but if you're paying attention then it's not as big as you make it out to be. I've seen fed groups that did such a good job that after 10, 20, 30 seconds we still can't dent the target (at which point we start getting taken out because we're not doing enough actual damage).

A good klingon or federation player does more than press buttons and watch their own health. A good player will group up, and watch the health of their teammates to keep an eye on who's in trouble and who needs the heals. If you have a team doing this you will be a force to reckon with.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:56 AM.