Ok I have been looking everywhere for a solution that will truly work. Here's the problem. Back in early Feb. there was a patch that was issued. I proceeded to DL it, and the game froze up. It also froze up my system. I did a hard reset, and again attempted to connect and get the patch. It again froze my system requiring a hard reset. Since then I have repeatedly tried to reinstall the game, and once it gets to the patching phase it still freezes my computer. Now prior to the patch I had been playing in the open beta phase, and had no issues during that time, or after the game went live. Until the patch issue I had been playing everyday with no problems, and had casually leveled up to LC6; so I know it is not a system or OS issue. I am frustrated at having spent $80 on the SE only to not be able to play the game since that dam patch back in Feb. I have read multiple posts on related issues, and even attempted several "fixes" all with no success. Can someone please provide me with a solution to this problem. I attempted to contact Cryptic Tech support via the phone line twice, and was on hold nearly an hour each time before I just got tired and hung up. PLEASE HELP ME CRYPTIC!!!
Ok I ran the dxdiag and here is the info. Sorry for the wall of text.
Time of this report: 3/12/2010, 16:57:49
Machine name: DITA
Operating System: Windows Vista™ Ultimate (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.091208-0542)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: Dell DXG061
BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 1.4.1
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 2044MB RAM
Page File: 1567MB used, 2766MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 7.00.6002.18107 32bit Unicode
Display Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 1: The file ctaud2k.sys is not digitally signed, which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL). You may be able to get a WHQL logo'd driver from the hardware manufacturer.
Input Tab: No problems found.
It appears that my Creative SB X-Fi card is OEM, and is not supported by this driver update. Also the Ethernet driver update was a zip file which converted to a folder. I have never done this type of update, so I am not sure how to proceed for fear of screwing up the process.