so wait, I'm not the only one with doubt? Yeah it would be stupid to make it a one time only thing, makes sense that they didn't. I'm just the paranoid kind of guy who ALWAYS cultivates these kind of doubts and therefore likes to know things for sure.
I try to avoid stating absolutes about things I don't have a complete set of data on. Prevents me from A) giving out bad information without an escape clause, and B) being wrong for the most part.
I'm leaning about 78% towards it being the official estimated release date if everything goes well, and playable beyond this date ad infinitum. However, there's a 17% chance they could make it a seasonal event (a one-time event seems extremely unlikely at 5%).