Lt. Commander
# 1 Disruptors or??
03-12-2010, 12:13 PM
Heya folks

Is there any advantages to going any damage type apart from basic disruptors on my K't' inga.

The disruptors are lower down on the skills so they would be easier to spec heavier into them. But some of the other weapons like plasma have secondary effects.

cheers in advance

Lt. Commander
# 2
03-12-2010, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataxia View Post
The disruptors are lower down on the skills so they would be easier to spec heavier into them. But some of the other weapons like plasma have secondary effects.
You've essentially answered your own question. That's the tradeoff.

The Phaser and Disruptor skills (or Photon and Quantum for projectiles) are lower rank skills. So it takes less points to max them out...versus, say, Plasma, Polaron or whatever.

And the max skills give the same boost to their respective damage type. So the main advantage to the other weapon types is the different secondary effects. But personally I kinda like the basic phaser and disruptor procs - they're not bad.

That said, phaser and disruptor weapons are obviously more common. So for PvP purposes, I guess you might worry about running into opponents with disruptor resistance consoles...but not many people bother to gear for weapon damage resistance anyway. So.

The purple epic gear in Borg space is all Antiproton stuff... but as a Klingon, you'll probably be relying mostly on PvP reward gear, which compares favourably with the purple epic PvE stuff. So that's not really an issue.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-12-2010, 01:39 PM
Many thanks for the reply.

it's just with so limit amount of points to use, working out what's optimal for the end game stuff.

Thanks again youve helped loads.

Btw what type of weapons are the end game for Klingon? Same as normal but Mk X?
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-12-2010, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataxia View Post
Just for clarification: Disruptors, like every other weapon, do have a secondary effect: "2.5 Chance: Damage Resistance Debuff for 15 sec"
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-12-2010, 02:02 PM
LoL only been playing a few weeks and haven't noticed that.
I really must start paying more attention to the game