Lt. Commander
# 11
03-15-2010, 07:30 AM
Given the choice, and the fact that the majority of the firepower at hand was mine, I would have arrested everybody and hauled them back to Starbase.

As it was, I sided with Drake. Had Drake been Undine, his actions would have made no sense. So the Captain was suspect.

Besides, I want to stay on Section 31's good side...
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-15-2010, 10:21 AM
I killed them both, take no chances.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-15-2010, 12:04 PM
As I recall the theory was the Undine created problems for Telepaths. If Drake was the Undine and had left in theory the Telepaths crazed behavior would've subsided when he was off the ship. However, they all seemed very crazed. Therefore, I concluded Drake wasn't the Undine. Although, he was very creepy. I would've like a chance to subdue both and give them a blood test.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-16-2010, 01:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamid
As I recall the theory was the Undine created problems for Telepaths. If Drake was the Undine and had left in theory the Telepaths crazed behavior would've subsided when he was off the ship. However, they all seemed very crazed. Therefore, I concluded Drake wasn't the Undine. Although, he was very creepy. I would've like a chance to subdue both and give them a blood test.
I thought it was assumed that there were multiple Undine already on the ship?
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-16-2010, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeport
I thought it was assumed that there were multiple Undine already on the ship?
I had thought only the captain and empaths stayed aboard, all others had left. I could be remembering this wrong though.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-16-2010, 09:47 AM
Sided with the Captain, he's a Captain, I'm a Captain, he was concerned about his crew and didn't want to side with some pencil pusher like drake.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-16-2010, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamid
This was my reasoning as well when I sided with Drake.

@Starlanced: Since when is Black-Ops fieldwork pencil-pushing?
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-16-2010, 10:47 AM
Funny mission! First time I read the dialog completely.
I sided with Drake. Cant say if there is a wrong or right at this moment.
Hope this quest will be continued.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-16-2010, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeport
Alas, I decided to side with the Captain, and here's why.
I sided with the captain as well. I was put in a very sticky situation. I read very carefully the text for each choice. And based on the backstory for my particular alien, I could not side with Drake. He had manipulated my crew in a previous mission. And I felt far more kinship to a fellow captain than I did to this mysterious agent who continually lies to me.

It was an interesting mission. As someone above said, though, I too wanted to scan the new lifeforms. I run a science vessel, so you know, that's part of our mission.

Needless to say, one of the longest "supplementals" I've ever added to my logs was from this mission. It was a neat opportunity to explain my alien race's cultural backstory, as I felt it would be way too long and involved for my bio.

In character I was furious at Drake. Out of character, I really liked the intrigue of the mission and the decision it forces you to make. Very interesting.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-16-2010, 04:05 PM
I didn't get my choice, "shoot them both and found an empire with my two ships". But that's just personal preference.

I sided with Drake, got the holodeck, told that section 31 would need me in the future.

Now i have a crazy question, how does the "siding with the captain" ending play out? same way ?