Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
03-13-2010, 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Druuna
I made my calculations only with the numbers displayed in the ship stats.
Do other console types have the same stacking penalties?
There are no stacking penalties - that's the point I was trying to make.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
03-13-2010, 03:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkeh86 View Post
Interesting question. I honestly have no idea but I have heard something about there being some sort of penalty for it. This may not be completely true however.

Any knowing reply would be awesome.
Currently when I have two Stay Alive Crew Alive in my science slots, both fire off one after another so both work at 22% and 22% for a total of 44%. That is what I see right now in the state of how the game is playing today. I don't know if that will be changed in the future. So it is very possible that you get +10 for beam weapons and if you have +10 just for plasma that your plasma is also getting an additional +10 as long as the game thinks the plasma weapon is a beam weapon. It may look at the plasma beam differently then a regular beam weapon, but then I can't believe it would since a Phaser beam weapon could be looked at in the same way.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
03-13-2010, 03:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadB
There are no stacking penalties - that's the point I was trying to make.
To verify your point, if you look at some of the Very Rare Impulse engines they have +15, +15 and +15 on them that all stack with other +XX for turn rate etc... So you are right they should all stack.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
03-13-2010, 04:28 AM
Three +15 Resists to All Energy Types and Kinetic damage (neutronium alloy) in my ship total up to a 30.6 Resistances across the board. Not 45% acording to my ship stats.

Using x1 is 13%, Using x2 is 22.9%.

Somehow even with just x1 I lose 2%, but even given that fact I certainly don't get 13 x 3 = 39%

I have read in numerous threads that the Turn Rate RPS Consoles do NOT stack. If true it would certainly seem to be an exception. It is a confusing issue.

Obviously EPS Regulator Modules stack, or so many people would not be using multiples.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
03-13-2010, 05:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trismigistus View Post
Three +15 Resists to All Energy Types and Kinetic damage (neutronium alloy) in my ship total up to a 30.6 Resistances across the board. Not 45% acording to my ship stats.

Using x1 is 13%, Using x2 is 22.9%.

Somehow even with just x1 I lose 2%, but even given that fact I certainly don't get 13 x 3 = 39%
Three +15% resists will increase the amount of damage of the appropriate types you can take by 45%. They won't give 45% resistance, as that would increase the damage you can take by 81.8%.

Again, please read my earlier post and this link for more details.

Quote:
I have read in numerous threads that the Turn Rate RPS Consoles do NOT stack. If true it would certainly seem to be an exception. It is a confusing issue.
Not true in my testing (results in this article).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
03-13-2010, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadB
Three +15% resists will increase the amount of damage of the appropriate types you can take by 45%. They won't give 45% resistance, as that would increase the damage you can take by 81.8%.

Again, please read my earlier post and this link for more details.


Not true in my testing (results in this article).
Interesting Math and very good article I may add.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
03-13-2010, 10:49 AM
Math charted here: http://tinyurl.com/STOresists
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,748
# 18
07-22-2012, 07:17 AM
A very interesting read!

However, the wiki says not everything stacks:

http://http://sto-forum.perfectworld...d.php?t=137329

I wish some more, centralized, info would exist on what stacks and what doesn't.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 231
# 19
07-22-2012, 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meimeitoo View Post
A very interesting read!

However, the wiki says not everything stacks:

http://http://sto-forum.perfectworld...d.php?t=137329

I wish some more, centralized, info would exist on what stacks and what doesn't.
Considering the thread is over 2 years old and the way consoles work has been altered several times since the last post in this thread, then yes, its not surprising the information in this thread wasn't exactly accurate ;-)

My views are my own and may not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,748
# 20
07-22-2012, 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suricatta View Post
Considering the thread is over 2 years old and the way consoles work has been altered several times since the last post in this thread, then yes, its not surprising the information in this thread wasn't exactly accurate ;-)
Well, thanks for your reply. Keep in mind I've only been playing for a week-and-a-half, so it's all pretty new to me.

So, are saying shield emitter amplifiers actually DO stack? Or were you just saying, in general, that the wiki isn't all that reliable?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:51 PM.