Lt. Commander
# 11
03-12-2010, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Often where it fails though is, again, on the forums. Where people overlook the information or go into a frenzy if "x" item never comes to light because they really liked the idea themselves.
With all due respect Lunatic, I think thats a tired sentiment. Yes, there are plenty of people freaking out but just because some of the reactions have been melodramatic that isn't to say that they are without some justifiable basis.

It is not just a "forum thing". I talk to other players in the Klingon faction all the time - they're just as annoyed and depressed with Cryptic/STO as many of the louder posters on here. The player base is shrinking into nothingness. I agree that Cryptic can EARN a second chance but the keyword is "earn". You don't earn forgiveness and respect by dancing around questions in interviews and downplaying some of the most glaring shortcomings of the game. Waiting "a few seasons" is simply not acceptable for the Klingon faction. They have no content to wait on.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-12-2010, 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIny_Tank
Wow memory Alpha wom most disliked by a landslide. Rest of results prety much what I thought. I honestly thoughgt ground combat was more of a contender for disliked. Ah well mabey next time kdding great stuff guys and nice start on open comunacation.

Of course, they didn't ask about the contorversial 'Death Penalty' on the survey, but I figure if they had, it'd be the most disliked over Memory Alpha..... LMAO

truthfully though, I take a lot of things with a grain of salt since I've been burned a few times by various MMOs. Talk is all good and fine, but actions are verification to the talk. Until Cryptic shows me that they are prepared to take actions that improve the quality of the game, then the trust can start to rebuild for this community. As it stands now, we are a very wary lot and the old addage of once bitten, twice shy takes it's effects here. Although we have actually been bitten a heck of a lot more than once so far. To answer another post from above, it is highly apparent that the Klingon's were an afterthought when preping the game for launch, Cryptic has stated this themselves and are supposedly working to rectify the situation. Personally to me making a race a purely PvP race in a game that should embrace diplomacy and exploration is assinine and shouldn't be, but that is my opinion. Also what gets me more than most is the fact that in an mmo that should emphasize working together, STO is mostly a solo game with forced grouping in some areas and still feels like a single player game, with a chat feature slapped on to give it that mmo feel.

As a Lifetime Subscriber, I am hoping that my gamble pays off in the end and by this state of the game, it seems like I may have made the right choice afterall
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-12-2010, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian-Thorn View Post
With all due respect Lunatic, I think thats a tired sentiment. Yes, there are plenty of people freaking out but just because some of the reactions have been melodramatic that isn't to say that they are without some justifiable basis.

It is not just a "forum thing". I talk to other players in the Klingon faction all the time - they're just as annoyed and depressed with Cryptic/STO as many of the louder posters on here. The player base is shrinking into nothingness. I agree that Cryptic can EARN a second chance but the keyword is "earn". You don't earn forgiveness and respect by dancing around questions in interviews and downplaying some of the most glaring shortcomings of the game. Waiting "a few seasons" is simply not acceptable for the Klingon faction. They have no content to wait on.

Well i do respect your opinion Adrian. But instead of being negative, be positive. Look at what they are doing! They are adding content. Now, it may not be the content you wanted right away, but as they said in their reports and state of games, they will add what you want: even MORE content for klingons! More PVP, PVE is on the way my friend. The game has only been out a 'little' over a month. Give it time and be upbuilding to the community! Look forward to what will come next! I am.

Ill see ya in game! maybe ill someday be able to work ya in pvp
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-12-2010, 09:33 PM
Quote:
APRIL 8-14
STF: Undine: Terradome
i like that calander premonition
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-12-2010, 10:20 PM
What race do I want to see? Caitians, as promised. Seriously it was supposed to be the first new race and I feel cheated.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-12-2010, 10:57 PM
very impressed keep up the great work
/Salute!
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-12-2010, 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Sutherland
i like that calander premonition
Please, can't we just get... Beyond Terradome? :p
Lt. Commander
I'm so glad you devs are staying up to date with everything and keeping us up to date as well. I for one am happy about this and I feel very releaved that you have lots more end game content coming. I look forward to more...

MaYHeM Inc
Fleet Admiral
Napolean "Stryker" Valmont
MaYHeM Inc Role Play Board
Lt. Commander
# 19 Verry Nice to Read!
03-13-2010, 02:35 AM
"Be as transparent as possible"
this is just awesome on Cryptic's part thank you for this concept I'm personally so happy to have an idea of whats going on and where things are headed as apposed to the typical MMO where information is sparse and last miniut...this is a big improvement over launch and just after with the copied and pasted generic "server down deal with it" information I was getting used to "unhappily" "This Concept Takes Balls as a game developer" Good Job and Good luck!

I love the community polls you guys put out and I'm very happy to here there are more in the works, of course when I look at the last poll the thing that sticks out mos in my mind is more that no one seems to like the crafting system (0% = Crafting / Memory Alpha) this comes as no surprise to me personally I strongly avoid this disaster of a game mechanic, sorry it need to to be revamped.

to end on a good note Thank you for Star Trek Online I'm enjoying to very much and look forward to future content.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-13-2010, 02:44 AM
Do you want the skill cap raised ? Y/N

How many Admiral skills is appropriate ? 1,4,8,16, ALL of them

Do you want to see weapon type skills equalised in skill point cost ?

Oh wait, we cant ask THOSE questions now can we ?

Instead we will go with:

Quote:
What new playable faction do you want?"
"What current content would you like to see more of?"
I want more skill progression content, hows that ?

Kinda ******n pointless to add more content when part of that progressive content is skills and dropping purple anti-proton beam arrays wont do jack for those skilled in Phasers they cant get because for some strange reason the Federation forgot to offer their own officers a full stock of their trademark weaponary.