Lt. Commander
# 21
03-13-2010, 02:53 AM
great work guys, keep up the good work.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-13-2010, 03:16 AM
Heh, well at least the survey results had a correlation. Most Liked: Space Combat, Least Liked: Memory Alpha.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-13-2010, 08:07 AM
Communication is getting better, good job guys.
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-13-2010, 08:41 AM
I look forward to the upcoming stuff mentioned in the state of the game. Notably new playable races, new stances, and off-duty uniforms. I may indeed be spending some cryptic points finally. Heh.

Very interesting stuff. You're even designing a new klingon ship.

The state of the game, after reading that, to me looks to be: Fun.

Lt. Commander
# 25
03-13-2010, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian-Thorn View Post
With all due respect Lunatic, I think thats a tired sentiment. Yes, there are plenty of people freaking out but just because some of the reactions have been melodramatic that isn't to say that they are without some justifiable basis.

It is not just a "forum thing". I talk to other players in the Klingon faction all the time - they're just as annoyed and depressed with Cryptic/STO as many of the louder posters on here. The player base is shrinking into nothingness. I agree that Cryptic can EARN a second chance but the keyword is "earn". You don't earn forgiveness and respect by dancing around questions in interviews and downplaying some of the most glaring shortcomings of the game. Waiting "a few seasons" is simply not acceptable for the Klingon faction. They have no content to wait on.
Well, thanks for the honest read there. While I certainly did mean to play on tired sentiment a bit there; my point was that understanding, not necessarily accepting, how things work on the development end of things is what we often don't try as the consumers of products like this. Guess I was just trying to re-iterate what was already said in the State of the Game in that even with a great deal of transparency it really is crucial that we understand not everything we see on radar is going to make it in.

I was, of course, speaking in terms of new content as the game goes forward and not upon the game's current issues or misgivings in how some things got implemented. Perfect example, indeed, is the Klingon portion of the game. To which I'll hold to the belief that it was a mistake to make it "supplemental" play instead of completely stand alone play since the game gives us every reason to think it is a two faction game just like most other mmos. Basically where one would expect to be able to play either side exclusively and have a "full" game experience.

Now, seriousness aside, why did we skip the perfect opportunity to make a transparent aluminum joke here?
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-13-2010, 10:20 AM
As it was one of my largest beefs with the game, I'm very happy to see the promise of increased developer activity on the forums. I've definitely appreciated the surge of interaction that's occured over the past week and it hasn't gone unnoticed.

I'm especially looking forward to seeing more feedback from the powers designer in particular. I really believe that one of the main reasons so many people have been up in arms over respecs is due to a lack of communication and proper documentation. Character development mistakes were caused specifically by a very "cryptic" power system that left the players with nowhere to turn for accurate information.

If the powers designer can stop by the forums to clear up questions more often, as well as fixing any missing power information in the game, I think that will go a long way in moving respecs away from being a frustrating necessity.

In the meantime, I have thoroughly enjoyed the increase in communication from the other developers and wanted to make sure I gave props where credit is due.
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-13-2010, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaticFringer View Post
Now, seriousness aside, why did we skip the perfect opportunity to make a transparent aluminum joke here?
*looks at Zinc*

"How do we know he didn't invent the bloody thing?"
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-13-2010, 10:38 AM
Holy crap i just got all kinds of excited!!!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-13-2010, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler
Heh, well at least the survey results had a correlation. Most Liked: Space Combat, Least Liked: Memory Alpha.
Funny, I put PVP for least liked, but Mem Alpha is definitely too complicated for a "crafting" system.

Not that I really hate PVP, but it's low on my list of things to like.
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-14-2010, 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaticFringer View Post
Well, thanks for the honest read there. While I certainly did mean to play on tired sentiment a bit there; my point was that understanding, not necessarily accepting, how things work on the development end of things is what we often don't try as the consumers of products like this. Guess I was just trying to re-iterate what was already said in the State of the Game in that even with a great deal of transparency it really is c
Don't thank that person too much. He's one of the bad forum posters you were complaining about. Check the Expanding Universe thread for evidence of insanity.