Lt. Commander
# 31 Thank you
03-14-2010, 08:37 AM
To all at Cryptic...thank you for the great communication on upcoming content and changes. The Expanding Universe Part 1 video is awesome! Keep up the great work!
Lt. Commander
# 32
03-14-2010, 09:06 AM
Am I the only person that when I read that survey, saw that Ground Combat highlights as a major concern in this game yet I never see it mentioned anywhere about them looking into adressing it? It just seems to be swept under the carpet everytime, I would like to actually read an engineering report or state of the game report where it mentions that they are going to fix ground combat. It's a big part of the game, yet tragically the worst part of the game. Bad AI, slow responsiveness, jerkyness and those missions where you there are not even any mobs on the planet but you just have to run around and scan 5 things are just bizarre.

Maybe in the next state of the game or engineering report I can hope that they'll finally adress and fix ground combat.
Lt. Commander
# 33
03-14-2010, 10:46 AM
Looking forward to all the upcoming content! My faith was well placed.

I think I am most excited about off duty uniforms, Don't forget some sexy options for females! My betazoid wants a bikini for Risa!

Could this mean more Character and uniform cuztomization for klingons as well? That and the lack of episodes is all thats keeping me from joining up with my favorite trek race. ((READ: Orion girls need bikini uniforms, It is important. ))

I am glad you guys noticed how much people really do want more non combat options! I personally think a diplomacy system and more dialog options would add SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much to the trek factor of the game. And I hope you guys implement that.
Lt. Commander
# 34
03-14-2010, 12:54 PM
I'm late to comment here, as well, but I just wanted to say thank you for the increased communication.

I can completely handle the fact that some of the projected goals may not be met; I realize that this is the price of being privy to plans in progress -- not everything intended comes to pass.

The sense of being communicated with regularly is worth the "tentative" nature of the information flow.

Those who would rage or hatespew when certain elements are not released on time (or not released at all) would do so anyway; it's the nature of their posting.

They come to the forums looking for things to be angry about, and are hardly a reliable indicator of those who actually play (and enjoy) Star Trek Online on an ongoing basis.

So, thanks again for the increased information flow. As I posted elsewhere, the new policy actually makes me more willing to wait out delays and/or problems, because I know we'll hear about what's going on, regardless.

Cheers,

KOS
Lt. Commander
# 35
03-15-2010, 02:53 AM
Quote:
The goal? Be as transparent as possible.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Is the most wanted 7 words that an mmo's playerbase asks for.

If it isn't only good PR, and it is the best PR, then my prayers and pleas over years have finally been answered. And who would have thought it would have been Cryptic to answer them. Now DON'T let us down.
Lt. Commander
# 36
03-15-2010, 11:56 AM
Let me just say that I fully support the new policy of transparency when it comes to the future development and maintenance of STO. I've been with the game since last November and helped as much as I could in open beta and I truly do feel like not only an end user but a contributer to the continuing evolution of this game.

It remains my belief that as long as we all stay involved and support the game with not only our subscriptions, but open dialogue on how to improve and expand the game, not only can it become the best Star Trek game we all want it to be, but maybe even the best MMO on the market for years to come.

Keep it up, Cryptic. As long as you keep working hard, I'll keep playing hard, and you'll have my full support! :-)
Lt. Commander
# 37
03-16-2010, 09:39 AM
Still loving how high Diplomacy scored!

And it's also very interesting that Diplomacy scored higher than Dialogue options. With that in mind, I'd like to put in a plug for my Diplomacy thread (link in signature)--strategic diplomacy, without the need for excessive amounts of branching dialogue writing.

This would be a diplomacy system that COULD be easily implemented into the Genesis Content, providing endless amounts of missions with minimal maintenance and story writing workloads.
Lt. Commander
# 38
03-16-2010, 09:56 AM
I'm really enjoying the game! I'm having a blast. I do agree though that ground combat does need a bit of a facelift. Personally, I think one of the better ideas to help out ground combat and missions that just require you to scan an object(s) and leave would be to add in some npc's, I, as well as everyone else as brought to attention the lack of any kind of fauna on the alien worlds. There should be some animals roaming arou d every single world that we travel to. Flying animals, crawling, slithering all of them. It wod add a much greater sense of wholeness and realism to the game if the existed. And maybe where there are colonies add more citizens, colonies should have a lot more than 12 people wandering around over a 20km radius. Another great thing would to be to add weather systems to planets aswell, it wouldn't be overly difficult to implement, isn't that what the "Genisis" engine is supposed to be doing?
Lt. Commander
# 39 Very impressivw
03-16-2010, 04:59 PM
Thank U for keeping us in the loop!!