Lt. Commander
# 21
03-12-2010, 10:48 PM
Some of that stuff looks really cool. I like the Idea of more playable races. I also like some of the new ship designs. Though some of the stuff didn't look any different then we have now. But I like some of the new content coming down the pipe from the looks of it.

I just hope there's also plenty of Bug fixes both for current stuff and ready fixes for the things the new content will bring.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-12-2010, 11:04 PM
Really impressed with the video. It just blew me away. Keep the updates rolling out.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-12-2010, 11:05 PM
looks good and we are moving forward. If the bridge was only interactive, like sitting in the capt chair and flying the ship. Inviting visitors to a real bridge. With your BO's interactive with you like on ground. Just a thought...
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-13-2010, 12:28 AM
Whilst the video looks visually impressive, the content of it worries me rather a lot. It spent way too much time showing two things: bridges, and new playable character options. Both are good, but neither are actual game content.

When I look at the potential of STO, I think 'this can be such a great game'. When I look at the reality as it stands, I think 'well, I've not rushed, I've not levelled hard, I've not even played the game very much, but realistically, I've maybe got another two weeks of Federation content left before hitting RA5 and running into that blank wall of daily missions or raids'.

I completely empathise with the people talking about Klingon content, because that was what I was holding out hope for. I'd hoped that we'd see massive Klingon content being added, effectively giving players who are heading towards the end of Federation current content a new lease of life. I want to see something that says 'we just doubled the length of the game'. If not, I'm forced to ask just what people are going to do until the next 45 day patch?

I've still not seen anything that even remotely addresses the questions that have been repeatedly asked along the lines of 'how are you going to make Klingon PvE, and subsequent player races, a different experience?'. If it's the exact same 'shoot 5 squadrons, scan 5 artifacts, with thin unrelated story and lots of typos' system the Federation PvE got, I think we're going to see burn-out, as the facade of a re-texture wears a bit thin.

You need to lay the train track faster. The train is not going to slow down.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-13-2010, 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by danfiveten View Post
I cant wait for the new bridge designs.
Yeah, but the ones in the video still looked way too big.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-13-2010, 02:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Askarr
Whilst the video looks visually impressive, the content of it worries me rather a lot. It spent way too much time showing two things: bridges, and new playable character options. Both are good, but neither are actual game content.

When I look at the potential of STO, I think 'this can be such a great game'. When I look at the reality as it stands, I think 'well, I've not rushed, I've not levelled hard, I've not even played the game very much, but realistically, I've maybe got another two weeks of Federation content left before hitting RA5 and running into that blank wall of daily missions or raids'.

I completely empathise with the people talking about Klingon content, because that was what I was holding out hope for. I'd hoped that we'd see massive Klingon content being added, effectively giving players who are heading towards the end of Federation current content a new lease of life. I want to see something that says 'we just doubled the length of the game'. If not, I'm forced to ask just what people are going to do until the next 45 day patch?

I've still not seen anything that even remotely addresses the questions that have been repeatedly asked along the lines of 'how are you going to make Klingon PvE, and subsequent player races, a different experience?'. If it's the exact same 'shoot 5 squadrons, scan 5 artifacts, with thin unrelated story and lots of typos' system the Federation PvE got, I think we're going to see burn-out, as the facade of a re-texture wears a bit thin.

You need to lay the train track faster. The train is not going to slow down.
Cryptic already stated over a week ago that the Content patch won't be until June.. there is a lot to flesh out for PVE on the Klingon side.

It isn't like they aren't working on it.. it is that those things take time to develop, then there is internal QA and fixes, then there is Tribble test server and fixes / changes, then it goes to live...

However we have already been told this.. do a search of the forums and check for yourself.

It is in the works, it is coming.. sorry it isn't right now like you want it.
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-13-2010, 02:35 AM
You had me at Q.
I just hope John DeLancie is doing his thang.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-13-2010, 02:43 AM
All I have to say is this:

Playable Pakleds FTW.
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-13-2010, 05:31 AM
sometimes I feel like there are 100 - 150 people who are not satisfied with STO. And tha 100 people are the first to post in this kind of thread. Seriously guys: if the game is so bad, then go back to WOW, and stop whining here! the guys from cryptic took a major risk to develop such a game, when you keep in mind all the **** Star Trek games from the past. And all you can say is "the T5 ships look too much alike"?! Come on.

Keep up the good work cryptic, you DO have some credit with most of the STO fans! We appreciate your ideas, your visions, and we know you do your best. With the major update you announced, the game will get to 100% soon!
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-13-2010, 05:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pestalence_XC View Post
Cryptic already stated over a week ago that the Content patch won't be until June.. there is a lot to flesh out for PVE on the Klingon side.

It isn't like they aren't working on it.. it is that those things take time to develop, then there is internal QA and fixes, then there is Tribble test server and fixes / changes, then it goes to live...

However we have already been told this.. do a search of the forums and check for yourself.

It is in the works, it is coming.. sorry it isn't right now like you want it.
You appear to have completely misinterpreted my post, along with assuming I'm an idiot. Where exactly did I say 'right now'? Where did I fail to assume that the content needs QA and testing? I'm glad to hear stuff is in the works. That you happen to have come across a post that explains what new content is coming is great, but I read the engineering reports just like everyone else and they don't go into much detail.

As for 'we have already been told this' - well chalk one up for the arrogance of 'I read it therefore everyone else must have'. It's not stickied and it's not in the engineering reports, so clearly I have missed it. I don't live and breathe the forums every day nor am I going to.

I don't mind waiting, up to the point where the game stagnates which hopefully it won't. I am concerned about the lack of detail and the speed of release vs the speed of play. The former has in fact already improved with the new State of the Game address, and I applaud the instruction for more transparency from the Cryptic staff. The latter part, speed of release, we can only wait and see; I don't think it's unreasonable to highlight a potential concern - I may have been slightly over-zealous in doing so, but quite why this should be interpreted as either hate for the game or unreasonable demands to release it nao!!1 is beyond me.

So next time you read a mildly critical post, there's no need to go nuts. I wouldn't be here being concerned if I didn't love the game and want it to do well. Alternatively we can completely misinterpret each other and degenerate into slinging fanboi and hater back and forth like children, but who wants that?

Edit: Let me put this another way - the video was entitled Expanding Universe, but I'm not seeing much expansion. Clarification or expanding on that intent (no pun intended) I would greatly appreciate.