Lt. Commander
# 31
03-13-2010, 06:21 AM
It is nice to see that crafting/memory alpha got the rating it earned. Hopefully the devs will listen to that.

However everything else seemed to be all over the place in the survey. We all seem to want something else more than others.
Lt. Commander
# 32
03-13-2010, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian-Thorn View Post
The basics of a new faction (the Undine) being demoed.

Curious... Where have you read that the Undine are in the works as a playable faction? Is that an assumption you made from the video? According to the Factions page, there are still only the Cardassians and Romulans listed (aside from the Fed and KDF.)

In doing some cursory searches on the forums, the only thing I've seen have been requests for the Undine to be playable, and the Massively video introducing the NPC Undine Faction...

If I'm wrong about that, please.. show me where it's been confirmed that the Undine are going to be a playable faction... from a Dev...

Saith,
Galan V
Lt. Commander
# 33
03-13-2010, 07:56 AM
yippee lots of klingon content.pity i've already used all my character slots(all 3 of them) hehe.so no klingon for me
Lt. Commander
# 34
03-13-2010, 08:02 AM
Great video, and I nearly giggled when I saw Q, but please stop putting sub-hulls on science ships.
Lt. Commander
# 35 Thank You!
03-13-2010, 08:04 AM
Only watched the 1st video so far. Bery Nice! (Bery is better than very)

It is much appreciated.

Communication, patches, etc., are now what I had been expecting and hoping for after experiencing closed and open beta.

Warm Fuzzies all around (no, not tribbles! - good feelings and pat on the back to Cryptic)

From what I am seeing in the communications I am bery impressed how Cryptic didn't let all the nay sayers get them down.
Lt. Commander
# 36
03-13-2010, 08:05 AM
Meh, Most of what "I" see is already in the game....Why Cryptic would put out a recycled trailer like this is beyond me.

On another note hooray for the Klinks..gettin some new stuff there..
Lt. Commander
# 37
03-13-2010, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzeh View Post
You might have had a rough start to the game, but keep this level of development and communication up and you'll have definitely righted that wrong :-)
I disagree with the 'rough start'. I do agree that I am very pleased to see such levels of hard work being put forward. In a lot of games we're told "we're working on more stuff" but here we actually get to see it. I am very appreciative - thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian-Thorn View Post
Cryptic has had 45 days to create new content. In that time we've seem them add a huge component to the end game and make major changes to the Federation faction along with although the various other updates that have been piled onto the Feds. If Cryptic were a waiter, and the two factions were customers, the Feds would be a spoiled, fat kid and the Klingons would be a starving, impoverished Ethopian. Sure that fat kid has plenty to "live off of" for 45 days but what the hell, lets give him as much food as possible now. The Ethiopian can wait.
I don't think you have a full appreciation of the amount of work that goes into content development. Understanding that during those 45 days the crew has had to also deal with server issues, bugs, customer issues, balance issues, and completing already-started content. I find it unrealistic to expect them to have had time to conceptualize, plan, write, design, graphics, test and then implement Klingon PVE content from scratch. Your Raid Episodes and expanded Fed content was not started during this period, it was cleaned up and completed. Please remember that the Fed side had what? Two years to do all this?

It's been stated plenty that they've recanted and WILL provide PVE content. The Klingon fans are simply going to have to be patient because it IS going to take time to develop and test yummy Klingon goodness. It won't come soon enough, I am afraid, but that is the nature of the human endeavor. Waving hands and promulgating bitter conjecture is neither factual nor productive.
Lt. Commander
# 38
03-13-2010, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drucard
Yeah, but the ones in the video still looked way too big.
I believe this is necessary in order to support the camera angles and distances. I would also assume that this helps to enable these areas as social environments. I can't say what it would be like on a 'realistic-sized' bridge, but our Fleet has had several 20+ person events held onboard the bridge and the space fills up rather fast.

I've been inside "realistic-sized" rooms and such in other MMOs and either can't control the camera, can't see my targets, or I spend the entire time looking through an arm pit.
Lt. Commander
# 39
03-13-2010, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVanceJr
I believe this is necessary in order to support the camera angles and distances. I would also assume that this helps to enable these areas as social environments. I can't say what it would be like on a 'realistic-sized' bridge, but our Fleet has had several 20+ person events held onboard the bridge and the space fills up rather fast.

I've been inside "realistic-sized" rooms and such in other MMOs and either can't control the camera, can't see my targets, or I spend the entire time looking through an arm pit.
Or, we can just call it what it is. A lack of coding and an issue with the set camera pathing in their game engine.

Seriously, for realism... have you ever seen 20+ people on a bridge of a ship in ST? Are you supposed to see that? No. Once Cryptic adds ship interiors, the bridge will be what it is meant for... 5-7 people at consoles and standing around. You can maybe go to the rec room, or the ships bar to hang out. I can't wait.

If they ever bother to tighten up the camera pathing... well, the excuse and need to have large rooms evaporates as well. I personally am tired of beaming into a station or a ship and starting in a room that would house a T-Rex and her family.
Lt. Commander
# 40
03-13-2010, 10:08 AM
Part 2 of the video has a lot more play content while part 1 was more cosmetic content (ships, playable species, bridges, etc.) . Part 2 features the new fleet action where you save DS9 , shows more klingon PVE content (fleet actions and some of the genesis system), the new ground PVP map "Shanty Town", and the upcoming STF missions.

The one thing that is pretty hard to show in a video is the amount of work going into the Genesis System - large amounts of objects and environments are being made for it - there are a few shots of what some of the new environments look like scattered through both videos.

The Undine are upcoming raid content btw, which has been mentioned in a few dev interviews.