Lt. Commander
# 41
03-13-2010, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Cryptic already stated over a week ago that the Content patch won't be until June.. there is a lot to flesh out for PVE on the Klingon side.
I can't seem to find this statement. Do you have a link?

Quote:
It isn't like they aren't working on it.. it is that those things take time to develop, then there is internal QA and fixes, then there is Tribble test server and fixes / changes, then it goes to live....
The Engineering Reports not only list what is in testing and what is being debugged but what is also being developed in the future. Below is the Development section for the last two Engineering Reports:

* Difficulty Slider
* Death Penalty
* Full Autofire in Space
* Memory Alpha Update
* Commodity Mission Revamp
* New Special Task Forces
* Accolade System
* Exchange Improvements
* Squad Leading (Cross Level Teaming “Sidekicking”)
* Episode Replay
* Trading Existing Bridge Officers
* Random Bridge Officer Requisition
* Dabo Minigame
* Klingon Joined Trill
* TOS/Mirror U Female Uniforms
* Death Penalty Options
* Memory Alpha/Crafting
* Cross level teaming
* Multi-Faction “Neutral” social areas
* Improvements to Repeatable Mission UI
* Updating player status windows to show the proper ship silhouettes
* Better notification when players are at the skillcap and skillpoints are converted to BOFF points
* More non-combat mission varieties
* Options to make missions more difficult
* More replayable mission types
* Ability to trade bridge officers
* Revamp of commodity missions

Perhaps I have missed it - can you point me towards the "Klingon Episodic PVE content" note? If not, wouldn't this naturally imply that Cryptic is in fact NOT developing any Klingon content? The PR spokesmen may say "they're working on it" but when "they" don't submit anything to support that conclusion, I just write it off as a lie.

Quote:
sometimes I feel like there are 100 - 150 people who are not satisfied with STO. And tha 100 people are the first to post in this kind of thread.
There is probably more than that but of course we're the first to post. We want to make our problems known.

Quote:
Seriously guys: if the game is so bad, then go back to WOW, and stop whining here! the guys from cryptic took a major risk to develop such a game
This is the first online game I have played. I don't know what WOW is but if I had any interest in playing it I would have. Just because something is flawed that doesn't mean you should simply abandon it. This is a game. It can be changed, it can be fixed. Why would I leave when I could stay, pressure Cryptic, and possibly see some actual content?

Cryptic didn't take a risk with this game. Cryptic would have cashed out regardless of how good or bad this game was (hell its doing it now). Star Trek is a major franchise and even though the majority of the Star Trek games have been poor they've still managed to rake in the dough. Cryptic is a business, its concern is money. Nothing more.

Quote:
Curious... Where have you read that the Undine are in the works as a playable faction?
Pardon me, but I did not say the Undine were a playable faction. I said a new faction was being demoed. The time and energy it takes to design all the basic components of a faction - character models, ships, starbases, interiors, combat mechanics - is still significant regardless of whether or not they are playable. We know that nearly a month ago they still had quite a bit to show for the Undine:

http://trekmovie.com/2010/02/20/sto-...ictures-video/

This, along with the numerous other things I mentioned in my previous post, leads me to dismiss the idea that Cryptic has its hands full. The only thing Cryptic is busy doing is developing content for places that don't need it.

Quote:
I don't think you have a full appreciation of the amount of work that goes into content development. Understanding that during those 45 days the crew has had to also deal with server issues, bugs, customer issues, balance issues, and completing already-started content.
You've already sank your own ship. First off you're right - they worked on already started content. The amount of content they had in the drafting stages is unknown to us so there are two possibilities either:

A) Cryptic never even bothered to develop Klingon prior to the launch of this game and therefore my belief that Cryptic is entirely unmotivated when it comes to the Klingons is justified.

Or

B) Cryptic did develop content for the Klingons prior to launch which, being absent 45 days later, was set aside to focus on adding content to the Federation. Which again justifies my previous statements.

Furthermore you have generalized my statements in order to avoid looking at the very specific examples of one-sidedness. Even the simplest of graphical tweaks for the Klingon sides either have yet to emerge or took an absurd amount of time to be added - despite that far more significant and time consuming tweaks were added to the Federation side. I am not just talking about missions - I am talking about Cryptic's overall approach to content development.

Quote:
Please remember that the Fed side had what? Two years to do all this?
We are not playing Federation Online (actually, I guess we kind of are). We are playing Star Trek Online. There was nothing that inherently made it so Cryptic HAD to focus on the Federation alone - that was Cryptic's choice. But even then this subject must still be taken in the greater content of my argument. We're not talking about just what was but what is and what will be. The devs have given no tangible evidence that Klingon content is going to be added in the near future.

Frankly, I think you're more in need of an objective position than I am. What you're implying here is that Klingon players, people who have payed 60 dollars for a game along with their monthly fees, should be content to waiting for what maybe years in order to get some content. That is not a sign that STO has been well executed. It is a sign that it was not properly thought out - something which has greater ramifications for the game as a whole. You sneer at the players of this game all you like and put the Cryptic developers on a pedestal, but the real truth of the matter is that "the Klingon fans DON'T simply have to be patient". They can muck up the forums and they can leave the game. You may not see this as important, but it does has an effect on Cryptic and their wider credibility.
Lt. Commander
# 42
03-13-2010, 10:24 AM
My brother has foolishly stepped back from the game due to lack of content in his eyes. Me and my fiance have just got to Rear Admiral and still have missions to do but my brother refuses to do Patrols or Explorations and says he will wait for more episodic content to be added rofl.

So just another example of the differences people find with the game. What one person thinks is fun another thinks is boring and a waste of time rofl.

The video looks cool but when I first read the title I thought the video was representing the actual game universe borders expanding and not the stuff you're adding.

Are you going to be adding lower level missions for those that want more of the episodic missions rather than do patrol after patrol and multiple repeats of the exploration missions? Not everyone can spend hours doing those and have fun rofl.
Lt. Commander
# 43 bailing out for now
03-13-2010, 11:14 AM
I am very dissapointed with the content at end game. 3 or 4 repeatable missions for a couple weeks now. Just not what I want to do, farm for rec items.

You need a massive jump in end game content. It is pretty easy getting to Rear Admiral, and when you get there, there is nothing to do but repeatable missions and ONE BROKEN STF?? My fleet and I got through it right away, got to do it 3 more times and then the last patch broke it and we couldn't complete it again.

You should have pushed back the launch a few months to get more content in here right away. Just my opinion. My fleet and I are moving to another game, that is 20+ people moving onto another game, giving them our money. Good luck with improving this game, it had ALOT of promise but for now you missed your mark.
Lt. Commander
# 44
03-13-2010, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyStreeter
I am very dissapointed with the content at end game. 3 or 4 repeatable missions for a couple weeks now. Just not what I want to do, farm for rec items.

You need a massive jump in end game content. It is pretty easy getting to Rear Admiral, and when you get there, there is nothing to do but repeatable missions and ONE BROKEN STF?? My fleet and I got through it right away, got to do it 3 more times and then the last patch broke it and we couldn't complete it again.

You should have pushed back the launch a few months to get more content in here right away. Just my opinion. My fleet and I are moving to another game, that is 20+ people moving onto another game, giving them our money. Good luck with improving this game, it had ALOT of promise but for now you missed your mark.
What game are you and your entire fleet moving to?
Lt. Commander
# 45
03-13-2010, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2orat

The Undine are upcoming raid content btw, which has been mentioned in a few dev interviews.
Droool......I'm still smarting from the beat down the Undine have given me in the lower game. Tricky Undine..teleporting when I almost have them at Zero health...grrr.....

Also..THANKS for the coming Klingon content in the patch. I played some of it..and the explore missions have a distinctly different flavor and feel than Federation ones. I actually read the popup dialouges and I really, really enjoyed these. I like that Cryptic didn't make the Klingons "evil" just aggressive. Good job IMHO..and I'm looking forward to more.
Lt. Commander
# 46
03-13-2010, 01:24 PM
Oh man, oh man! The second to the last bridge, that looked like the Prometheus bridge. O_O Oh please someone tell me that's the Prometheus bridge. I've been wanting it for a long time now. Holy phaser rifle set on maximum! It's the Prometheus bridge! Oh sweet merciful gods in multiple heavens please someone confirm that it's the Prometheus bridge!
Lt. Commander
# 47
03-13-2010, 01:34 PM
Kardashians! I mean, Cardassians!

I'm very impressed! Thanks for keep bringing on the joy!
Lt. Commander
# 48
03-13-2010, 01:37 PM
Very impressed. Those bridges look awesome!
Lt. Commander
# 49
03-13-2010, 01:38 PM
What I'm curious about is, how much of what's in this video is free to us? Understandably cosmetic features are all that's supposed to be in the C-store. But what exactly in this video is going to be added to the non lifer and the people who refuse to spend more money than we already do?

Just saying, not trying to start any fights...It's like getting to a movie and going to sit down and they're like ohhh if you want to sit that's gonna be a couple extra bucks.
Lt. Commander
# 50
03-13-2010, 01:53 PM
I love the guy in the video talking about all the favourable reviews Cryptic received after launch. Nice spin.

You can tell by his facial expression and body language that there's something not quite right.

As for the "expanded content" - it's just not good enough. This game is repetitive and easy. It farts in the face of every Star Trek series, the godawful "Enterprise" included.

New haircuts? A virtual breakfast table? Who gives a flying squirrel? I'm spending my money on crack instead.