Lt. Commander
guys saw the videos?

i like the design of the new klingon ships im impressed way better than Federation Tier 5, but im Federation all the way lol...
but theres one thing im concerned of...

klingons Cloak, thats understandable, but carrier acceptable, new tier for them no problem...

BUT How about the Federation? Our Carrier is not out yet, we just see a few in display and we are having our butts kick in pvp lots of times, cloaking device is understandable as i said, but their carrier is unfair... and the truth some majority of the players dont much like the design of federation Tier 5 ships. im i wrong? please do correct me by a survey not being bias...

Balance is losing here....

how come the devs can make awsome design for klingons but for federation not, honestly im a bit envious...
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-12-2010, 08:27 PM
link to video?
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-12-2010, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph001
guys saw the videos?

i like the design of the new klingon ships im impressed way better than Federation Tier 5, but im Federation all the way lol...
but theres one thing im concerned of...

klingons Cloak, thats understandable, but carrier acceptable, new tier for them no problem...

BUT How about the Federation? Our Carrier is not out yet, we just see a few in display and we are having our butts kick in pvp lots of times, cloaking device is understandable as i said, but their carrier is unfair... and the truth some majority of the players dont much like the design of federation Tier 5 ships. im i wrong? please do correct me by a survey not being bias...

Balance is losing here....

how come the devs can make awsome design for klingons but for federation not, honestly im a bit envious...
Awesome designs are relative to players.

The Klingon are getting ship options because they had fewer than the Federation at launch.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-12-2010, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildknight View Post
link to video?
the news on the Main website thats where the link is
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-12-2010, 09:16 PM
Im glad the Klingons are getting some love. The ship designs look AMAZING. Good work Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-12-2010, 09:30 PM
There are more ship designs than in the video for both fed and klingon btw - I didn't want the video to turn into a ship video.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-12-2010, 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2orat
There are more ship designs than in the video for both fed and klingon btw - I didn't want the video to turn into a ship video.
Speaking of which, will we get to see a ship video? Possibly for part 2/3/whatever?
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-12-2010, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcsola2003
Speaking of which, will we get to see a ship video? Possibly for part 2/3/whatever?
Hopefully Monday - but that's up to Marketing...
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-12-2010, 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2orat
Any reason why you guys decided to just show the Fed T5 ships that already exist in the game for a video titled, "Expanding Universe"? I find it odd old content was being displayed in a video that was all about new content. Really, I think that was the biggest let down of the video from a Federation Players perspective. I would love to see a new ship class replace the Star Cruiser line . . . ugliest ships in the game and its the one I need for my play style.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-12-2010, 10:02 PM
Video was shot awhile ago -and some of the new variants of T5 look really close to type 1 that are in game. - and some of the ships aren't approved by CBS yet. The early shoot is also the reason why the Q mission is shown and is the challenge of shooting "in production" videos - sometimes by the time they are released the content is out.

I am going to be starting a clip of the week program soon (up to Marketing what day they are posted) but I will try to get some new under production content in some of those clips as they will be easy to produce and fast to release (only being put on our website).