Lt. Commander
ok our fleet has been trying to complete infected now for 4 days... when the stf first came out we were completing it at least once a day but now that you guys have put a timer into the final room the only people who are able to complete the instance are people with expensive computer....not everyone has an expensive computer which means not everyone is able to do the jumping in the room which in turn makes it literally impossible to complete... by the time we can get to the last force feild the first 2 have reinitialized... only once were we all able to get the middle down and even then you need enough time to kill that generator before the timer runs out...[edit] did you guys read like a couple post from hardcore players and decide it wasnt hard enough for them....im sure if you do a poll...95% of people cannot complete that level with the timer

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Seadgir
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-12-2010, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neroly
ok our fleet has been trying to complete infected now for 4 days... when the stf first came out we were completing it at least once a day but now that you guys have put a timer into the final room the only people who are able to complete the instance are people with expensive computer....not everyone has an expensive computer which means not everyone is able to do the jumping in the room which in turn makes it literally impossible to complete... by the time we can get to the last force feild the first 2 have reinitialized... only once were we all able to get the middle down and even then you need enough time to kill that generator before the timer runs out...[edit]... did you guys read like a couple post from hardcore players and decide it wasnt hard enough for them....im sure if you do a poll...95% of people cannot complete that level with the timer
I wholeheartedly agree with you! Even managed just to get 1/4 of the generator down before the forcefield popped up. That when I didn't get stuck inside of the damn forcefield, or get pushed inside of it by a push attack of the borgs! The way out when someone dies? Beam out and beam in... result? Start from the room of the first boss!

Seriously, what were they thinking when they decided to put a timer in this? It was so much better without this damn timer!
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-12-2010, 08:29 PM
Are you looking for peer tech support about improving the performance on a sub $2000 system?
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-12-2010, 08:34 PM
yah my computer is set up exactly how the thread suggested as well as tweeking my nvidia sysem and yet i get to that finally room and with all the effects in there it doesnt matter what your system is set too...if you dont run at 60fps or more then you may as well not even bother with the instance
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-12-2010, 09:32 PM
I don't think the computer is the problem. You might look in other threads for hints on how to beat this.

Also for those using exploits to win, shame on you, but they are being patched very soon..........
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-13-2010, 05:49 AM
Is there an actual problem we can help youw ith? Or did you click Tech support thinking it said general STO discussion?
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-13-2010, 10:14 AM
NEWS FLASH!!

You don't need one.

My old single core with this parts:

Asus A8N-SLI Mainboard
AMD Athlon 64 skt 939 3500+ (Single Core)
2gb ddr400 Kingston ValueRAM (Not the overclocking stuff)
XFX Geforce 7600GT
1Tb Sata (7200RPM) HD (40 bucks at Fry's, to replace my old IDE Drive that died)

Played this game with only one knockdown on the graphics settings (IE Full down one notch if you get the drift).

With no lag what so ever (until a patch).

That was an 900 Buck Upgrade, and I just replaced pretty much everything for 800 bucks.

Ya Don't need one!

Ty Newegg

Upgrade from my origional 500 buck computer.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-13-2010, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focke-Wulf View Post
NEWS FLASH!!

You don't need one.

My old single core with this parts:

Asus A8N-SLI Mainboard
AMD Athlon 64 skt 939 3500+ (Single Core)
2gb ddr400 Kingston ValueRAM (Not the overclocking stuff)
XFX Geforce 7600GT
1Tb Sata (7200RPM) HD (40 bucks at Fry's, to replace my old IDE Drive that died)

Played this game with only one knockdown on the graphics settings (IE Full down one notch if you get the drift).

With no lag what so ever (until a patch).

That was an 900 Buck Upgrade, and I just replaced pretty much everything for 800 bucks.

Ya Don't need one!

Ty Newegg

Upgrade from my origional 500 buck computer.
You don't say what resolution you're running at (it really bugs me when people don't mention it as the higher resolutions are the main PC killer).

I'll guess it's not at 1920x1200........
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-13-2010, 01:52 PM
the problem is the timer...simply put... with the platforming and the timer...unless you all have 60 fps machines the room is impossible to complete.... you ask why did i post in this thread...pc and technical...well the problem is both pc and technical
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-13-2010, 05:29 PM
I have a pretty mediocre system at a dual core 2.66 4 GB RAM and a decent 275GTX card,hardly 2000 dollars worth and I finish this instance no problem even with the game near maxed out(highest res on my 24"monitor).

I would suggest if you are having problems with the timer and the speed you need to move at then lower your resolution or other settings so it will run faster for you,tbh you can not expect to have this instance changed to solve players with lower specs pc's...though lets keep it real,you do not need a $2000 pc to run it even at maxed out settings.