Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
This is the second time I've noticed this happen, and both times I have no conscious interaction with the items to understand why/how or even when.

The first time I had two items in my inventory, one item became duplicated and the other was gone.. presumably replaced by the duplicate.

This second time occurred in my active inventory. My Batl'leth duplicated over my other weapon slot giving me two Bat'leths, but no Antiproton splitbeam rifle. Given that it takes 1.2days to get those weapons that kind of sucks, but the fact it has happened again is more disturbing.

I have no way to reproduce or explain this phenomenon.

If it helps, this last event occurred around 5-8PST on my character Ishamael.

I still have the two Bat'leths D=
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-05-2010, 03:01 AM
Same problem here, I made a thread yesterday. http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=132926
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-05-2010, 10:48 AM
I've forwarded this to the development team. They've been looking into other reports of this already.

Thank you both for your Bug Reports! Clear screenshots are always especially helpful.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-05-2010, 11:10 AM
I had a weird duplication issue yesterday also. I have no idea how it happened, which is why I didn't submit a ticket. I use a tetryon split beam rifle all the time, and I opened my inventory and it was in my inventory. At first i was like, oh sweet I must have picked up one as loot, but then i noticed that this one was already bound. So I was like, dang how did I accidentally unequip that rifle? I opened my paperdoll and it was still equipped.

I also noticed that stuff i was picking up was auto-equipping, which is kinda dumb. If i had to guess all of this is related to a bug in the auto-stacking feature that was just added.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-05-2010, 11:12 AM
Had something similar to this happen yesterday as well. I had checked my inventory upon logging in for a few items, then went to the exchange to make a purchase. Undocked from Starbase 1 and when I checked my inventory I suddenly realized I had a second Omega Antiproton Auto-targetting Assault weapon (the first was still equipped). For the life of me I don't know what it replaced (if it even did, the only items I had at the time were hypos, a Bat'leth, and commodities, and from what I can tell they were all still present).
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-05-2010, 11:47 AM
Ya I lost my purple rifle also that I bought with daily mission marks. Put in ticket but got the sad canned answer.
Would be nice to get the weapon back or the marks spent on it. Also has anyone talked to a GM ingame before or do we always get the lame canned answer. So far this game as the worse in game customer service of any game I've played very sad.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-05-2010, 01:37 PM
Hey All,

This is a new issue; we are working to get a fix in ASAP. This is similar to the lost ship equipment bug we saw before, and due to that, it is highly unlikely that we will be able to restore items lost in this manner, however we are actively aggregating data on this issue so that we can provide the developers with the "who/what/when/where/why". The current focus is to prevent this from occurring in the future.

Thank you for reporting this!
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-05-2010, 02:44 PM
I logged onto my Fed low level toon and she had a bunch of duplicated low end stuff in her inventory. Weird.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-05-2010, 06:07 PM
I ended up with a nice purple quest reward (the captain level dual polaron pistol) that duplicated itself after I'd had it for several days on my main federation character. I assume a recent patch bugged it or something. I can't be sure whether it over-wrote anything since my ship inventory was mostly empty except for the bottom 2 or 3 rows. I am sure, however, that I was moving some other stuff around, perhaps changing some BO rifles or devices, when suddenly, there's an exact duplicate of that purple dual pistol sitting precisely in the top leftmost slot of my mostly empty ship inventory, all by itself with no other inventory items anywhere near it, and yet I still had the same pistol equipped on my captain. I really do wish I'd been paying closer attention to see how exactly it happened, but it's just not the kind of thing you expect from moment to moment.

In retrospect, I'm about 90% sure I was switching out ground weapons when it happened. I tend to squirrel them away in the bottom rows of my inventory and from time to time switch them around on the BOs or my captain.

Bug report was filed in-game as soon as it happened.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-15-2010, 01:20 PM
qmiles, and others who experienced the same problem should find their missing item back in inventory after last night's patch. It was accidentally left in a hidden inventory bag, and we had to add some special code to pull it out.