Lt. Commander
# 1 Um, ground PvP..... not fun.
03-12-2010, 10:28 PM
First off exploits/exposes need to go, just in ONE match I can't count the number of times on my fingers I've been vaporized or have vaporized someone within 7sec of entering combat. Not only that but it completely renders healing absolutely worthless. If anything remove the big honking "kill me im open" sign so that every freaking person on the map doesn't know to "Hey!! lolol vaporize the one with the bullzeye, free kill looloolollo". Or only the one who exposed can exploit that target. Or be hold immune while exposed so you can at least attempt to take cover.. This "headshot" should be FAR more rare than it is now, not every 10secs.

Second, respawn points seriously need to be looked at, 80% of the time your put on the opposite side of the map from your teammates which basically means free point for the opposing team. And the other 20% you respawn right between 2+ opponents only to be held, exploited, turned into dust.... before you can even move.

Third, the map on multiple floor zones is really retarded, you think teammates are right in front of you, but turn out to be on the next floor down... You think an enemy is coming around the corner so you blow your CD's ready to jump em, only to realize he's on the next floor up regardless of what your map says.

Fourth, not only do we have to put up with the retardedness of all that, but we get the joy of listening to the opposing team trash talking to us. -_- Which in a star trek theme really twists me.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-12-2010, 10:49 PM
Science Officers get a heal over time that cures exposes on each tick.

Tacticals get kits that provide resist buffs to people who stay near them (Overwatch radius should really be increased, but the effect is nice).

Engineers can repair shields, which helps survive exploit shots and I believe this also gives you resists, which also helps you survive exploit shots.

If an ally sees that you've been exposed, they can run up to the enemy and try and get off a rifle butt to interrupt their next shot and stun them while some medic hopefully cures you. Stun pistols help buy time for an ally, too.

I would like to see exploit damage lowered a bit but the bottom line for now is that there ARE things that can be done to keep your PvP group from being wiped out by mass exposes.

The problem, I guess, is that the biggest ways to cut down expose deaths relies on smart teammates. That can be hard to come by...
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-12-2010, 10:50 PM
You have 1 valid point in your post, regarding the respawn points, everything else is a QQ . Exploit/expose has to be in-game otherwise you will not kill anyone,get to T5 and try to kill a healer or an engineer without using the exploit attack. Maps are fine by me, never had a trouble figuring out who is where. Trash talking, is this your first time PvPing in the mmo ?
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-13-2010, 12:28 AM
There's an interesting item in the Tribble release notes.
Quote:
Removed the hold and slow effect from exposes for players. Critters will still be affected.
This will fix the only problem with expose/exploit.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-13-2010, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Stig View Post
Trash talking, is this your first time PvPing in the mmo ?
No, coming from WoW I've heard just about everything, from my own teammates, but that game is full of kids, I was hoping that in a star trek game ppl would be far more mature, guess I expect WAY to much from ppl eh?
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-13-2010, 06:09 AM
I dont mind being vaporized. That is Star Trek. I do, however, feel some of the crowd control has way too long a duration. 10 seconds of being frozen, why not just have that a vaporize. All the long duration stuns are very unfun. I have a thick skin and just roll with it. But there isnt a match I play in where the conversation dosent turn to how terrible crowd control is. And no team mate is going to save you if you respawn far away from your team.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-13-2010, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker88 View Post
No, coming from WoW I've heard just about everything, from my own teammates, but that game is full of kids, I was hoping that in a star trek game ppl would be far more mature, guess I expect WAY to much from ppl eh?
No, I fully understand you. There are some ****ers out there but you need to find a good group of friendly people and stick with them. You know the people that actually TALK in teamchat, that bother to say hello etc.

I've had my own fair share of... colorful people out there but I did build up an impressive friends list of people that I do most my PvP/PvE content with.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-13-2010, 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamz
Science Officers get a heal over time that cures exposes on each tick.

Tacticals get kits that provide resist buffs to people who stay near them (Overwatch radius should really be increased, but the effect is nice).

Engineers can repair shields, which helps survive exploit shots and I believe this also gives you resists, which also helps you survive exploit shots.

If an ally sees that you've been exposed, they can run up to the enemy and try and get off a rifle butt to interrupt their next shot and stun them while some medic hopefully cures you. Stun pistols help buy time for an ally, too.
While this is true it still does little to help, even if its an even 5v5 in a hallway, someone will always have a exploit attack off CD ready to hit it the instant the bullseye pops up, and not only that but everyone can see that person is exposed so of course they all gonna hit that target, even by some miracle you survive actual exploit itself your more than likely gonna die from the barrage of the other 4ppl shooting at you.

One change I see is, It can keep the absurd amount of damage it does or even be a guaranteed kill, but have it so ONLY the person who caused the expose can see the "KILL ME" sign and/or exploit them. And/or lower the chance of exposes.

I wouldn't mind them but they occur FAR to often, something like this should be a bit more rare and not be 90% cause of death. One could even argue that because they occur so often it looses the "BOOM head shot" feeling, *yawn* we vaporized 32ppl last game.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-13-2010, 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Stig View Post
You have 1 valid point in your post, regarding the respawn points, everything else is a QQ . Exploit/expose has to be in-game otherwise you will not kill anyone,get to T5 and try to kill a healer or an engineer without using the exploit attack. Maps are fine by me, never had a trouble figuring out who is where. Trash talking, is this your first time PvPing in the mmo ?
Not only that, but EVERYONE has the ability to rescucitate.That means resurrect players who are down.Want to know how many times someone used it on me?Once.Stick around instead of respawning so quickly.That is if your team is competant enough to care.Better be prepared to move fast too once your up.Adapt or fall forever!LOL!

On a side noted being vapourized is hilarious!Extra crispy!
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-13-2010, 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meynolt View Post
No, I fully understand you. There are some ****ers out there but you need to find a good group of friendly people and stick with them. You know the people that actually TALK in teamchat, that bother to say hello etc.

I've had my own fair share of... colorful people out there but I did build up an impressive friends list of people that I do most my PvP/PvE content with.
I'm talking about how the chat isn't faction separated as it should be. I have yet to see trash talk from my own teammates, I have seen "trash talk" role-play style from a klingon, I quote "Haha, see you in Gre'Thor you honorless dogs!!" that kind of trash talk I enjoy, even encourage. But seeing "lol you guys suck #%^" coming from the opposing team really twists me. I can put up with teammate trashtalk, not opposing trashtalk. xD

If anything they could keep cross faction chat, which they should and will for role-play sake but limit it to a 5-8 m/km distance, rather than zone wide.