Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 121
04-06-2010, 10:12 PM
I am for both a battleship and a Carrier.
For the battle ship I think side mounted heavy cannons would just be awesome.
Also some side mounted torps as well.
Talk about a cool broadside. now that would be cool.

As for the Carrier, I just like the idea, you could say it is a federation response to the Klingon Carrier.
Copying the enemy and trying to make improvements has happened since the Egyptians fought the Hittite.
Lt. Commander
# 122
04-07-2010, 04:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andor View Post

As for the Carrier, I just like the idea, you could say it is a federation response to the Klingon Carrier.
Copying the enemy and trying to make improvements has happened since the Egyptians fought the Hittite.
Last dozen or so PvP matches I was in, there were exactly zero Klingon carriers... now what does that tell you about how splendid the carrier is?
Lt. Commander
# 123
04-07-2010, 10:02 AM
Its not just about min maxing for pvp.
Some of us like to play the game for the games sake not just to win pvp matches.
Lt. Commander
# 124
04-07-2010, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andor View Post
Its not just about min maxing for pvp.
Some of us like to play the game for the games sake not just to win pvp matches.
Sure but it would be nice if a class of ship was at least competitive. I have no problem with Feds having carriers as long as carriers, any carriers, are actually worth flying... at the moment they are marginal at best so a reskinned Klingon carrier for the Feds is not something that would excite me.
Lt. Commander
# 125
04-08-2010, 06:47 PM
I don't want the same things that the Klingons have. Then I would just be a Klingon in a Federation costume. I want differences, and would like to see each side actually have different weapons. I also want special weapons and ships they don't have. I want to have a completely different experience when I play a Klingon than when I play a Federation character. I want each side to have different strengths and different weaknesses.

That's what I want.

And a ship with a true broadside would be awesome.
Lt. Commander
# 126
04-11-2010, 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by claydermunch View Post
Not a cruiser of any sort.

A Battleship.
I would love to see a battleship too. The galaxy is falling apart, we are fighting everyone and with the borg threat it only makes sence for better ships to support it!
Lt. Commander
# 127 Fighters
04-16-2010, 01:32 AM
Standard fighters aren't used because the super computers used for targeting weapons are able to eliminate them quite easily.

The "Fighters" you saw on DS9 were the size of small Runabouts with better shielding and impulse speed, and still got wiped out.

Anyone remember the episode of ST-TNG where they all got their memories erased and were tricked to attack someone 100 years behind them? They took out the fighters in about 4 seconds.

NOW, a special targeting mode designed for faster tracking, quick firing, but have less power behind them would be a workable solution..
Lt. Commander
# 128
04-16-2010, 01:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyMac View Post
I don't want the same things that the Klingons have. Then I would just be a Klingon in a Federation costume. I want differences, and would like to see each side actually have different weapons. I also want special weapons and ships they don't have. I want to have a completely different experience when I play a Klingon than when I play a Federation character. I want each side to have different strengths and different weaknesses.

That's what I want.

And a ship with a true broadside would be awesome.
You ever notice that all the Starfleet ships of the "Super future" from Enterprise were actually smaller?

Smaller Hulls = Small power requirements for shielding, They just develop warp cores that are as small as bathroom but have the power of 30 defiant's.. :

But Bigger is cooler I'll agree. But GOD Please don't give us those UGLY ships that the npc fleet have as flagships.. Their like the stationwagon from National Lampoons Vacation. Big box with 3 nacelles. How about the Enterprise with the Big super Phaser from alll good things?
Lt. Commander
# 129
04-16-2010, 02:36 AM
Take a Galaxy Class.

Size it up by 100 %

Change the look to a combination of "future Sleek" (like used with luna/polaris sci vessels, starcruisers) and the overall galaxy shape.

Make it a sleek looking, future variant of the galaxy that does not betray the overall shape.

DONE.

Or just take a galaxy class.
Lt. Commander
# 130 crazy
04-16-2010, 06:04 AM
wow, some of you are going overboard and some are just forgetting how star trek is not like any other game. the function of memory alpha and utopia as well as jupiter space station is the advancement of the ship. we dont need a t6 teir ship. we need a ship that can be advanced in function. we need to build the ship teirs. when the ranks increase im sure there will be more teirs but for now we dont really have real ship catagories. we have three custumes for 1 function of a ship each teir. now the galaxy in ds9 was not supper ubber. they where regular galaxy. its just that when you have a wing of them they are most deadly. the fact that non of them got through with the defiant shows they arent more powerful. I feel the other functions of star trek online needs to be expanded. bring in the nebula as a T4 cruiser. we dont need custumes we need actual ability to form ships and build them in respect to proper star trek mechanics.