Lt. Commander
Okay, I guess that I finished the story arc yesterday because I closed the portal to the mirror universe, so I can judge it.
First of all I'm a big fan of the original TOS mirror universe, not so much of what DS9 made of it. The first problem with the story arc is that I already met the Terran Starfleet in three deep space encounters and two random missions long before I got the first mission relating to it.
The second problem is a lack of background. I really would've liked James O'Brien, Ja'rod and B'Vat giving more information about what happened in the mirror universe.
The third problem is that except James O'Brien they all look like Starfleet officers down to the delta shields on their chests. That makes sense for those who infiltrated DS9, but the others? You have the mirror universe symbol, sashes, mini-skirts and knee-high boots in the character creator. Use them!
The fourth and last problem is something that's maybe a bit difficult to do from a technical point of view, but it would be really, really awesome if you would meet the mirror versions of your captain and his bridge crew.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-17-2010, 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Tar
The first problem with the story arc is that I already met the Terran Starfleet in three deep space encounters and two random missions long before I got the first mission relating to it.
Yeah, that is a big odd. It would be nice to at least have a BO point out how odd it is to be seeing Terran Empire ships.

Quote:
The third problem is that except James O'Brien they all look like Starfleet officers down to the delta shields on their chests. That makes sense for those who infiltrated DS9, but the others? You have the mirror universe symbol, sashes, mini-skirts and knee-high boots in the character creator. Use them!
James O'Brien should at least have one.

Quote:
The fourth and last problem is something that's maybe a bit difficult to do from a technical point of view, but it would be really, really awesome if you would meet the mirror versions of your captain and his bridge crew.
That would be...interesting. But yeah, not an easy thing from a technical POV.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-17-2010, 11:24 AM
Clone them in memory and give them all goatees.

Hmm, ok, so that wouldn't work so well with the female members of my bridge crew...
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-17-2010, 11:36 AM
I agree with a lot what OP said, but have an even bigger issue. If you followed the DS9 mirror episodes (er, DS9 the TV show, not the DS9 mirror episodes in STO), we find the Terran Empire in a very different place than in TOS or ENT. I would love some explanation as to how in such short time the Terran Empire reasserted itself, kicked the Cardie / Klingon Alliance out of the way, and developed ships like we now have after missing out on everything in starship design (presumably) between the Excelsior and the Defiant. That really didn't make a whole lot of sense (unless they have been in our universe much longer... Ah ha! The Terrans are really Undine! )

But yeah, I was also really hoping to find my mirror counterpart. Kinda like the quest line from WoW where you meet your "future self" and then, later in the game at a high level, do the other side of it (with a giant storyline reveal, so not just a fun use of model cloning).
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-17-2010, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by richdun View Post
I would love some explanation as to how in such short time the Terran Empire reasserted itself, kicked the Cardie / Klingon Alliance out of the way, and developed ships like we now have after missing out on everything in starship design (presumably) between the Excelsior and the Defiant. .
That's what I meant with more background. There is so much O'Brien, and the mirror versions of B'vat and Ja'rod could tell you. And I would really be interested why O'Brien's ship was called the ISS Molly. Molly was the daughter of the real O'Brien, in the mirror universe she didn't seem to exist.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-12-2010, 03:16 PM
One thing that got drawn to my attention when i was reading something on the Terran Empire was about the lack of the Romulans, maybe the Terrans and Romulans (very unlikely but hey this is the mirror universe) worked together to beat the Cardi/Klingon alliance, and then they used the transporter at Ds9 to send spys into our universe and get data on ships, weapons etc etc.

just thought id wonder

Rear Admiral Smith
I.S.S Challenger-E
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-12-2010, 09:53 PM
Don't forget in DS9, they had stolen the schematics to the USS Defiant and later on, kidnapped O'Brien and other DS9 crew to make it work and fight against the Klingons, so not only did they have a good ship, the had an advanced ship design/technology. They also had perfected the ability to transport back and forth between the universes, so acquiring more tech would not be too farfetched.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-14-2010, 02:43 PM
Yeah, I had similar thoughts about having you MEET your mirror self and crew on a mission. Surely couldn't be that hard, and would be rather amazing.