Lt. Commander
Ok, guys... I bought this game on a risk, and so far, it's just like Tabula Rasa...

I love it, but there are some tech issues REALLY stopping me from enjoying it.

In under 6 hours of gameplay, I have had this game crash twice... both times seem to be for no peticular reason, both times were while in space combat, and both times the screen froze solid, and all I could do was move my mouse around, and see that somewhere BEHIND the screen, my desktop was still functioning, since I could see my cursor change from the game one to the standard desktop one when over where my task manager would appear afte an alt-ctrl-del command. Now normally, Im forgiving about crashes, but when I have to hard-boot to get anywhere, the forgiveness ends.

Im running Windows XP with all the latest updates (SP3, obviously), and Im running the CURRENT Nvidia graphic driver on my 9800 GT with 1 gig of video RAM.

Anyone else getting this problem? Cause seriously, I wont even go looking for another gamecard if this happens too often.

Also for the record, this is the second game to ever do this.... the only other one WAS Tabula Rasa.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-13-2010, 08:56 AM
I get this problem sometimes as well. The most recent was when I did the Trapped mission. I was either frequently disconnected from the servers or get a server not responding error. I think it is a server problem and wonder if Cryptic is even doing anything about it.

My computer and wireless router is brand new and up to date. I never had this problem when I was playing WoW.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-13-2010, 05:52 PM
I've had the "server not responding" before, but it didn't bother me much, I've normally just had to wait a few seconds and it will go away.

Then, when I was playing today, I got a bright red "disconnected from server" and was brought to the log in page. All I was doing was accepting the "Doomsday Device" mission from Admiral Quinn before warping from the Pi Canis Sector Block to the Regulus Sector Block, then the screen, essentially evaporated, for lack of a better description, and returned to the log in page.

Is this what you are describing, or something entirely different?
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-14-2010, 07:24 AM
Not quite. Im not seeing any message. Just suddenly (and so far only in space combat) the whole thing freezes. If I had windows open before I started the game, my mouse turns to the normal windows cursor when Im over them... even going so far as to become the size adjustment ones at the borders. Using this, I was able to see BEHIND the frozen screen I can use windows, though I can not see what Im doing.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-14-2010, 09:43 AM
Please post a full directx diag log. Copy it to pastebin.com and link it here. And please dont compare your ability to play wow to this game This game uses 10x more resources than wow.