Lt. Commander
# 21
03-14-2010, 04:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelator-Prime View Post
The bottomline is that PvP is unbalanced. You look at the kill/death ratio at the end of each match and it is clear as day. You can't have everybody on oneside scoring 15 kills each while the other side is barely getting 2 kills each and say it is balanced. Why is it so? could be many reasons, buit all I know is that I want Cryptic to fix it.

Call me selfish, but I want to have matches where it is tight and close. I want to have long drawn out battles. I want to leave the arenas saying to myself, wow that was fun. I liked the way this or that happened. I enjoy the desperate struggle between two sides where no one knows how it will end until we see it all through.

I find PvP on the Fed side futile and on the Klingon side boring.
Dude. . I have a RA Fed and in the right group I have cleaned house against Klingons in multiple tiers. I am not really that good. It just isn't as hard as you seem to think it is. You just have to have some good tactics and have everyone on your team know what they are doing.

You can't nerf for skill. Really the only thing Klingons have is cloak and in T5 the universal slots are little OP for science officers, but SNB+VM combo will get nerfed and its not like Feds can't do the same thing... I will give you that it is harder to organize Feds. That I will give you, but that's not about balance but about people.

There are skilled fleets of Feds that are just laughing right now.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-14-2010, 05:03 AM
THe klingons in general are easy kills, the only advantage most of them have is probally if i am doing a mission in borg space and one or 2 of them uncloak while I am fighting a borg cube, I just turn my attention to them and they scurry off like mice when they get in trouble. Rinse and repeat. Don't really see where its unbalanced. Situations are crude as I have discribed but all in all seems fair enough.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-14-2010, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythran
Dude. . I have a RA Fed and in the right group I have cleaned house against Klingons in multiple tiers. I am not really that good. It just isn't as hard as you seem to think it is. You just have to have some good tactics and have everyone on your team know what they are doing.

You can't nerf for skill. Really the only thing Klingons have is cloak and in T5 the universal slots are little OP for science officers, but SNB+VM combo will get nerfed and its not like Feds can't do the same thing... I will give you that it is harder to organize Feds. That I will give you, but that's not about balance but about people.

There are skilled fleets of Feds that are just laughing right now.
First off I never said anything about nerf so you can retract that one. In fact, I know better to put up suggestions of suppositions because your troll-mongers will just use it to spread your filth. Thing is I have been pvp since OB. I recognize some of you from ingame, others, who are you people?

Mythran, consider yourself lucky, because I cant get my guild to go pvp to save the life of me. I am stuck in the mindless zerg-land where yes, it is that bad. The average kill ratio in Cracked planet is 75 kill versus 2 kills. In Conquer and Hold it is 15 to 1. This isn't balanced, its a turkey shoot and I am sure it is no fun for the klingons as it is no fun for the feds. Tough close matches are fun, this is boring.
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-14-2010, 10:15 AM
Quote:
First off I never said anything about nerf so you can retract that one. In fact, I know better to put up suggestions of suppositions because your troll-mongers will just use it to spread your filth. Thing is I have been pvp since OB. I recognize some of you from ingame, others, who are you people?

Mythran, consider yourself lucky, because I cant get my guild to go pvp to save the life of me. I am stuck in the mindless zerg-land where yes, it is that bad. The average kill ratio in Cracked planet is 75 kill versus 2 kills. In Conquer and Hold it is 15 to 1. This isn't balanced, its a turkey shoot and I am sure it is no fun for the klingons as it is no fun for the feds. Tough close matches are fun, this is boring.
What do you want to be balanced ? The only way to make everyone "equal" and "balanced" is to have on attack for everyone, one shield and one weapon. If you remove the SNB+VM, people will stack FBP+RSP and you will cry for the nerf of that ? This ****ing whining about "balance" has to stop. Every PvP match there is crier, be it ground or space. I hit him to hard, the holds are too strong, cannons are OP, cloak needs nerf. It is pathetic.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-14-2010, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Thing is I have been pvp since OB. I recognize some of you from ingame, others, who are you people?
I don't PUG anymore. Since Beta, I prefer not to PVP without my Fleet or a premade (or semi-premade) with people I know. So, nowadays, I would happily not PVP if it meant avoiding a PUG.

That said, because scheduling can be problematic with my Fleet members, we often end up in 3-Fleet/2-PUG groups. (More often 4-Fleet/1-PUG.) Obviously much more disparity when doing large maps (Capture-and-Hold).

I also do Kerrat whenever I have the daily, with or without Fleet (or other friends). But there is usually very little PVP there, at least during the times when I'm online.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-14-2010, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Stig View Post
What do you want to be balanced ? The only way to make everyone "equal" and "balanced" is to have on attack for everyone, one shield and one weapon. If you remove the SNB+VM, people will stack FBP+RSP and you will cry for the nerf of that ? This ****ing whining about "balance" has to stop. Every PvP match there is crier, be it ground or space. I hit him to hard, the holds are too strong, cannons are OP, cloak needs nerf. It is pathetic.
Wow amazing. Take away the QQ and see what happens. Yeah I got ideas, but I am not telling it to you, because you're not even listening. All you want is a target to attack and put down. The devs know what the problems are and they know what they have to do to fix it. I'm just adding my voice so they know that the problem is still a problem. I also reject your "there is only one way" position to obtain balance.

No, I am not going to cry for the nerf and no, you can not call me a cryer. Why do you have this need to call people a crier so badly that even when someone says nothing about the nerf, you have to fabricate this hypothetical world where perhaps he might say the word nerf, just so you can call them a crier?
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-14-2010, 11:07 AM
Sorry I skipped the last 2 pages, just wanted to link this one in, that clearly shows why the PvP-population gets the short end of the stick:

http://www.startrekonline.com/survey_one_results

The results of the survey recently clearly show that the vast majority of the players give a ratsass for PvP and that's why cryptic won't do anything too.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-14-2010, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Dravis
I don't PUG anymore. Since Beta, I prefer not to PVP without my Fleet or a premade (or semi-premade) with people I know. So, nowadays, I would happily not PVP if it meant avoiding a PUG.

That said, because scheduling can be problematic with my Fleet members, we often end up in 3-Fleet/2-PUG groups. (More often 4-Fleet/1-PUG.) Obviously much more disparity when doing large maps (Capture-and-Hold).

I also do Kerrat whenever I have the daily, with or without Fleet (or other friends). But there is usually very little PVP there, at least during the times when I'm online.
I'll be sure to say hi the next time I see you. I'm on all the time. It does sound like the game is completely different outside of the PUG enviroment. Something I have not have the privalege to see and perhaps where the perception diconnect lies in regards to pvp.
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-14-2010, 04:30 PM
Well, I've been pvping fed side for afew hours at captain. I've yet to see a fed victory. I'm getting insta popped quite a lot in a sci ship. Like quicker that I can press sci team I die.

Feds used to have an advantage with sci and tank, while klinks got better cloak, turn rate and dps. Now sci has been nerfed feds have sucky, slow, visible ships with no way to compete with klingons. The score board all night confirms this.

And don't bother with your 'but klingons are better players.' That's bull and you know it. Pvp has like t1 again, with klingons always winning.
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-14-2010, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikenstein
Well, I've been pvping fed side for afew hours at captain. I've yet to see a fed victory. I'm getting insta popped quite a lot in a sci ship. Like quicker that I can press sci team I die.

Feds used to have an advantage with sci and tank, while klinks got better cloak, turn rate and dps. Now sci has been nerfed feds have sucky, slow, visible ships with no way to compete with klingons. The score board all night confirms this.

And don't bother with your 'but klingons are better players.' That's bull and you know it. Pvp has like t1 again, with klingons always winning.
Are you using any of the following:

1) RSP
2) Dampening Field
3) Engineering Team
4) Aux to Structural
5) Hazard Emitters

Is your team using any of the following on you:

1) Extend Shields
2) Dampening Field
3) Engineering Team
4) Hazard Emitters
5) Science Team
6) Transfer Shield Strength

If the answer is no, then you or your team is doing something wrong.