Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
Back in Beta, I noticed and reported quite a few animation errors... Mostly in regards to single pistols. Never got any word or seen any fixes. I shall try to be a bit more specific this time around. And yes, I have pictures. All links are to photobucket.

The Torso Twist

Let's start with the Torso Twist. This bug happens whenever you're strafing with a maintained duration item or ability. Such as the fire extinguisher or scanning for anomalies/objectives with your tri-corder.

Pictured here.

Bat'Leth Overhead Swing

Next up, the Bat'Leth. I love it, but there is this issue. Melee attacks with it use a two-button, three-click combo system to perform different attack chains. This bug occurs with the overhead swing option (1-1-2 or 2-2-1).

Pictured here.

Why, yes! That is my hand waving at the camera through my torso.

It is also of note that there is a similar issue with the AoE animation (1-2-1 or 2-1-2) but I do not have a picture of it at this point in time.

Armless Palm Strike

This was the first animation error to catch my attention. It is also quite simple to reproduce. Simply equip a Single Pistol weapon of any kind. Disruptor Compression Bolt, Antiproton Stun Beam, etc. Aim/Crouch... and then use your Melee attack (Palm Strike). The character model keeps holding onto the weapon model and you lash out with your telekinetic shoulder.

Pictured here.

Single Pistol - Broken Arm

This next issue is also related to single pistols and crouching, however I am unsure what exactly causes it to break. It seems to only happen after having been in combat for some time, which leads me to believe it is related either to the Tricorder animations or the Kit Pop-up screen animations. Eventually, though, when crouched, your left arm will point straight down with your wrist at a 90 degree angle.

Pictured here.

Ignore the invisble gun. That is a Disruptor Stun Pistol, and I have filed a seperate bug report for it. I believe it was mentioned in the notes for the Tribble server, anyways.

Antiproton Pistol Error

The last issue is, surprise!, related to the Antiproton Beam Pistol and Crouching. When crouching and firing with this weapon, it seems that your character is unsure what to do with his left hand. So he then stands up and points it straight out to fire.

Pictured here. Yes, he is aimed/crouching.

This is what the standing animation looks like.

The Final Word

The last thing of note is that it doesn't seem to matter which single pistol you have equipped. I have had these issues with every one I have ever equipped. (Antiproton being the exception).

I love the look and feel of a single pistol for myself and my entire away team. These bugs are getting in the way of my enjoyment. Hopefully this thread will help you devs in the reproduction of these issues so that they can be fixed, and I can be happy.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-15-2010, 06:20 PM
Interesting.
Nice work Cost, looks like you put a lot of time and thought into this.
Crypic should hire you for quality control.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-16-2010, 11:53 AM
Thanks for the list! I've passed it on.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-16-2010, 12:24 PM
Don't forget the:

Confused Crane Carrying a Weapon

This happens when a player has a bat'leth ready, does the #3 thrust with it to get it to appear, then switches back quickly to their energy weapon. The player will hold both weapons at once, then the player's left arm will turn into a confused crane right when the correct weapon is visible alone. Only lasts a second or two.

Fun for the whole family!
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-16-2010, 01:28 PM
You also get a torso twist if your turning when standing still, the upper part of the body turns first then the hips follow a little bit later.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-16-2010, 01:56 PM
Similar bug to the Bat'Leth Overhead Swing would be the Stasis Field Assault Weapon. When hit with Stasis Field while having any Assault ground weapon equipped (Full Auto Assault, Auto-Targeting Assault, etc.) causes your left hand to attempt to stay connected with the carrying handle, resulting in inverting your shoulder and thrusting your left arm through your torso. Afraid I don't have any screenshots of this peculiar phenomenon...
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-16-2010, 02:36 PM
It sounds like most of the stuff in the original post has already been resolved in some way or other! Unfortunately, I don't have more information on when those fixes would be in, or any other specific info about what got fixed when or how.

For the issues other posters have mentioned, a picture of it happening is especially helpful. These are bizarre bugs, and it can be hard to picture exactly what's happening without pictures. The team found the original post extremely helpful in that regard.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-16-2010, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM_Litana
It sounds like most of the stuff in the original post has already been resolved in some way or other! Unfortunately, I don't have more information on when those fixes would be in, or any other specific info about what got fixed when or how.

For the issues other posters have mentioned, a picture of it happening is especially helpful. These are bizarre bugs, and it can be hard to picture exactly what's happening without pictures. The team found the original post extremely helpful in that regard.
Here's the one that I mentioned above about Bat'leth being equipped, then #3 attack to get visible, then switch weapons...

both at one time...
http://2geek.org/images/sto/sto_cipher_batleth_bug1.jpg
then armless for assault rifle (crane arm for rifle)...
http://2geek.org/images/sto/sto_cipher_batleth_bug2.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-16-2010, 06:32 PM
Dual pistols on anyone in a stance besides "Standard" and "Feminine" results in the second pistol mounting somewhere in the forearm, too.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-17-2010, 12:37 AM
Yeah the "dual pistols at rest problem" is bothersome for me, too. My Vulcan officers have a tough time with that one, because I usually have them in the "thoughtful" stance. I hope it gets worked on.