Lt. Commander
# 1 Klingon Expectations
03-13-2010, 11:57 AM
Recently we have been asked indirectly through interviews and directly through State of the Games what we would like to see for the Klingon faction in ST:O. It is fairly evident in the first few pages of the Klingon Gameplay subforum what the fans of these honourable warriors want, but personally I'd like to hear what Cryptic's expectations and vision for this faction are.

Can we realistically expect the Klingons to be fleshed out to the level of the Federation side in terms of:

1) Player customization. Races, outfits, uniforms, hairstyles, particularly for the females. Feds just outshot us again with three new races and offduty outfits.

2) Ship customization. Currently, Science, Tactical and Engineer officers of the Klingon Empire have one appropriate ship to choose from in each tier, while the Federation officers have three customizable options for each career at each tier.
*NOTE* On Tribble, a second customizable hull option has been included for the T1 BoP, T4 Raptor and T4/T5 Carrier, as well as a brand new T2 Cruiser. New T5 Fed hulls have also been added.

3) Immersive gameplay, ie. PvE. Will we ever have unique, story-driven content as well as a starting tutorial, removing the necessity to start as a Fed? Can we expect Patrol and Defend missions at the very least?

4) Space. One sector block we can call our own, plus one with Federation scum encroaching in with their own space station(s), exploration and defense missions. Will we have access to other regions of space (Romulan, Cardassian, etc.), including our own Patrol and Defend missions the same way the Federation does?

5) Player hubs. We have 2.5 hubs in our own two sector blocks. QoNos, Ganalda and the Ferengi bar. Federation has one in their own space, Romulan space, Cardassian space and 1.5 in OUR space. Will we ever have hubs in other regions as well, appropriately tied into the politics of the region?

6) Crafting. Will we be able to acquire resources via anomalies and have access to a Memory Alpha-like location in order to fabricate upgraded equipment to bolster a Klingon economy? Upgrades to Memory Alpha are in the works, what about the Klingons?

7) Equal opportunity for rewards.

7) Can we expect to have a fully realized faction BEFORE any new factions are explored?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-13-2010, 08:17 PM
I agree with your points. I myself think that everything the federation has NEEDS to be added to the klingon faction asap. I honestly can't believe I log on to my klingon character at all these days. I'm so sick of PvP that I get agitated every time I play it even if I win. In my opinion PvE content should be the focus for the klingon faction. Sure we were launched as a pvp faction but with FvF coming out the game dosn't realy need a PvP faction seeing as everything the klingons have the federation will have as well. WIth that said they seriously need to start adding content to our Klingons.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-13-2010, 11:21 PM
Here is a big question, Cryptic came right out and said that Klingons would have access to a version of Memory Alpha....so where the hell is it? Hell we cant even farm anomolies to sell let alone reearch.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-14-2010, 07:28 AM
I think almost eveyone would appreciate a real PvP area, one where hundreds of players (okay, we'd take dozens) of all tiers can go and fight a "fleet" sized PvP. Doesn't even have to have a rewards system, players would just do it for entertainment. But, there needs to be a gatekeeper of some kind. This can't be allowed to get altogehter lop sided. A mechanism needs to be in place to ensure no worse than 2:1 in favor of either side at start.

Same for a ground battle area. I forget the Fed mission, but there is one with a series of bridges, that would be a good map. Have both sides spawn on opposite ends and fight for control of the map. Let it run on a timer, maybe 20 minutes. No rewards for the contest itself except bragging rights but applies toward the "kill x number of enemy Captains" or "die y number of times" missions. No tier restrictions. Great FUN.

Klingons would, IMO, love to be able to conduct Bat'leth tournaments, so give us an arena where we can hold 1 on 1 fights. Include a viewing area and allow fans to cheer/jeer. If this works out well the next step is a "last Klingon standing" arena where groups of up to 40 come in and fights until there is one left. (Both of these are straight out of *********, we're not reinventing the wheel.) Klingons need something special to draw players so make these Klingon only, because "Star Fleet" would never play this rough outside of a holodeck.

All the above would be fantastic for Fleets/Houses to organize, gives them some purpose.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-14-2010, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconianknight View Post
Here is a big question, Cryptic came right out and said that Klingons would have access to a version of Memory Alpha....so where the hell is it? Hell we cant even farm anomolies to sell let alone reearch.
The Klingon equivalent of Memory Alpha would certainly give Empire players something more to do other than PvP, and bolster our own economy. Good question/point. I think this can be tied directly to crafting, as we will need to be able to acquire resources as well. /added
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-14-2010, 11:12 AM
The 45 day patch will be make or break for me.

I will need to see PvE - at least some PvE and story
I will need to see meaningful PvP - Somethinng other than deathmatch ground PvP

More customization, more ships, Gorn ships all these things I can wait on as long as the content is there and I can get to level 45 without having to do the same space exploraion and mindless PvP over and over. PvP which is 1 Kling Vs 5 feds.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-14-2010, 12:00 PM
Here's what we gettin' next update:

Tier 2 Battle Cruiser, the "K'Taco"

Access to most Fleet Actions the Feds already have access to (i.e. Crystaline Entity and others)

new PvP Ground combat map with same ol' gameplay.

That's about it...
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-14-2010, 03:26 PM
We need a freefire sector to actually have a proper war in.

Tired of this arena nonsense that ******** started and that has infected every other game since.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-01-2010, 05:53 AM
OK this needs to be brought to the surface again;
The questions I have is why are we talking about addin another faction when Cryptic has not finished the Klingon faction. Has the game sprung that big of a leak that the Devs are scrambling to keep the player base from continuing to leave?
I want to know why Klingons have no crafting after being promised the equivelent of Memory Alpha.
I want to know if we are going to get additional mission content.
I want to know why we can not duel each other in single ground combat.
I want to know why if the Feds can breed tribbles for buffs. Why can't Klingons have something like Battle Targs.
Or is Cryptic going to leave us as is, glorified monster play and start another faction for additional monster play.
You all realize that Romulans also have cloaks..which I honestly am looking forward to fighting. But the are not the warrior race that the Klingons are. The are can't be PvP centric, guess Cryptic will FINALLY have to generate some mission content for some one other than the Fed Care Bears
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-01-2010, 06:10 AM
I'm certainly looking forward to the Romulans; but I haven't heard nor read anywhere that the Romulans are going to be released anytime soon. There's no need to get up in arms and run around like the sky's falling cuz of a simple poll that Cryptic wants people's opinions over. Klingons are going to be fleshed out more; there is new stuff coming down the pipeline. You just have to give them time, they can't develop these radical changes and sweeping additions without a lot of effort, planning, testing, and resources.

People also need to realize a lot more people play Federation and most of these people don't play the Klingon Empire. It is not unreasonable for Cryptic to devote more energy to developing things for the Federation. So we're going to see extra little things like more C-Store items for the Feds before we see the equivalent items in the C-Store for the Klingons. How silly would be be for them to release a C-Store ship costume for, say, a Carrier when they very well still need to flesh out the default customization for Klingon ships in general? It isn't anything to get riled up about.