Lt. Commander
Just throwing this out there ... but what do people think about a PRS version of SUB. - Captains abilities.
All 3 Career paths get one so its balanced. (Replaces SUB NUC for science)

Science ability to shut down ALL tactical abilities for up to 10 seconds
- Defencive survival

Engineer ability to shut down ALL Science abilities for up to 10 seconds
- Anti CC

Tactical ability to shut down ALL Engineer abilities for up to 10 seconds
- Offensive assault on tanks made a bit easier

And ALL cleanse-able by Science team.

Any thoughts ?

EDIT: before science officers freak out flame .. obviously they would need a new science only ability.
Something Support related as they should not have the best offensive weapon like they do now.
A nice team shield + hull repair or something of this nature.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-13-2010, 02:14 PM
How about just making Science Team work during and as counter to SNB?

Would save a lot of development hassle and time.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-13-2010, 04:49 PM
Because its not good enough. 25 seconds is waaay to long to be Sub Nuc'ed. The more I think about my idea the more I like it. The most powerful offensive ability should NOT be in the hands of a science officer. They were designed for support.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-13-2010, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warbirdd View Post
Because its not good enough. 25 seconds is waaay to long to be Sub Nuc'ed. The more I think about my idea the more I like it. The most powerful offensive ability should NOT be in the hands of a science officer. They were designed for support.
So what if it lasts 25 seconds? If Science Team becomes the counter for it, what's the problem?
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-13-2010, 05:13 PM
See point 2 ... "The most powerful offensive ability should NOT be in the hands of a science officer. They were designed for support."

But agreed if this change was made I would be ok with it. I just think I like my idea better. This would probably force me to stack 2x science teams and I would rather not have to. But i would do it if I had too.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-13-2010, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warbirdd View Post
But agreed if this change was made I would be ok with it. I just think I like my idea better. This would probably force me to stack 2x science teams and I would rather not have to. But i would do it if I had too.
Or... rely on your team mates. If all of you have 1 Science Team each, you shouldn't need to worry.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-13-2010, 08:40 PM
My fix is to put subnuke and viral matrix on the same global cooldown, they're both disabler beams so it makes sense as much as torpedo spread/high yield sharing cooldown and all the teams...
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-13-2010, 09:19 PM
They use diffrent modules so they can not be on same global cd.