Lt. Commander
# 1 RP Event notice
03-19-2010, 05:38 PM
Section 42, one of STO's first RP fleets is hosting an RP episode. This is a storyline much like an episode, but does not have any official rewards or automated log entry (like an in game mission would). This is a test run of the idea and if it turns out well we plan on doing these weekly.

These episodes will have a very vague pre-planned storyline but has multiple outcomes and can go in several different directions dependent of the choice of the players. These outcomes can go from "saving the day" to a nice little chat and reprimand from an admiral.

The first episode will have a rather lighthearted and fun feel (as some of the series episodes did). It will start about 10:00 PM GMT (6:00 PM EDT ect) tomorrow and will take place in the Sirius sector block. If you want to participate wait there and look for the Priority One call over the RP channel.

Hope to see a lot of people out there.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-19-2010, 05:41 PM
Sounds interesting! But what day?
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-19-2010, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeEnigma
Sounds interesting! But what day?
Oh crap I missed that.

It is tomorrow, thanks for pointing that out. I fixed the first post as well.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-20-2010, 10:12 AM
Do you mean 'Saturday'?
'Tomorrow' doesn't say much.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-20-2010, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liltawen View Post
Do you mean 'Saturday'?
'Tomorrow' doesn't say much.
I am a bit new at this. Yes Saturday (today for most of us). About 4 hours and 40 minutes from time of writting (gmt 5:20 pm)
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-20-2010, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarro View Post
Section 42, one of STO's first RP fleets is hosting an RP episode. This is a storyline much like an episode, but does not have any official rewards or automated log entry (like an in game mission would). This is a test run of the idea and if it turns out well we plan on doing these weekly.

These episodes will have a very vague pre-planned storyline but has multiple outcomes and can go in several different directions dependent of the choice of the players. These outcomes can go from "saving the day" to a nice little chat and reprimand from an admiral.

The first episode will have a rather lighthearted and fun feel (as some of the series episodes did). It will start about 10:00 PM GMT (8:00 PM EDT ect) tomorrow and will take place in the Sirius sector block. If you want to participate wait there and look for the Priority One call over the RP channel.

Hope to see a lot of people out there.
Good to see that fleets are RP'in....especially in all the dumb crap that's talked about in zone lol...

Hmmm Zarro....that name is similar to a name I knew in SWG " Zaro-Yan" and other alts that included Zaro/Zarro for a time. Any relation to the SWG one or just a coincidence? (Server was Europe-Farstar).
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-20-2010, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
Good to see that fleets are RP'in....especially in all the dumb crap that's talked about in zone lol...

Hmmm Zarro....that name is similar to a name I knew in SWG " Zaro-Yan" and other alts that included Zaro/Zarro for a time. Any relation to the SWG one or just a coincidence? (Server was Europe-Farstar).
Not Zaro-Yan. But On that server I played as Zarro Starkiller.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-20-2010, 01:56 PM
I am sorry I will miss this, honestly. I am eager to find new RP groups, but I will be occupied most of the evening and unable to log in until around midnight Eastern. Let us know how it goes!
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-20-2010, 04:40 PM
This was lot of fun Zarro.Thanks for setting it up.Cant wait till next weeks episode
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-20-2010, 04:43 PM
The event has ended. Thanks to everyone who came out. It went as follows;

USS Divinity's Edge called for assistance on RP channel. Citing engine trouble and being under attack by Klingons.
Four players came to the aid of the Edge and fought off the Klingons.
Players come aboard the Edge and find the engines are down due to a tribble infestation.
Players beam some tribbles to a nearby klingon ship, but a small percentage were not transported.
The other tribbles are sent to live out their remaining lives in the virtual environment of a holodeck. They are not fed so they can not reproduce.

This is the best possible outcome. Other outcomes that could have been reached were the Tribbles being spaced (leading to bad PR for starfleet and a reprimand from an admiral). Tribbles being sterilized and distributed amongst crew-members and tribbles being exterminated by a virus- leading to bad ethical issues.

This event was such a success we are planning to have another one next week (on Saturday) at about the same time. Look for the thread on Thursday.