Lt. Commander
# 21
03-14-2010, 08:53 PM
This game can't be min/maxed like WoW raiding. In WoW they have the instances choreographed. You know where each party member should stand any second of the raid, and which 2 or 3 buttons to keep mashing, because everyone's got the same bloody spec and gear in their respective class.
In STO, you can't park your ship and hit 2 buttons, and hope to do well in end-game raidisodes. Let alone tell people how to use their skill sets, as you can pick between dozens of skills to have at your disposal. For example, plasma torpedo launchers are hated by most, because they never take the time to learn how to use them properly. A plasma torpedo launcher coupled with a few abilities is the most lethal single target weapon in the game, but good luck teaching people how to use them properly.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-14-2010, 08:56 PM
^

Sounds like the beginnings of an EJ thread.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-14-2010, 09:33 PM
If it wasn't for EJ we would have had paladins using Spirit Gems/Enchants in all their gear.

Back when WoW was a challenge and killing end game content was hard and fun, you bet I wanted to make sure my toon was the best he could be! When I started hard core raiding back in the BWL days, EJ was a very handy tool/guide to have!

EJ is also a good place to discuss class specifics.

STO has tons of casual content; let us have our hard core content/discussions also!!!