Lt. Commander
# 1 Open World Flagged?
03-13-2010, 09:22 PM
I know that Cryptic does not want people just roaming around ganking others... that is fine.

But how about a system like WoW or SWG where you can just flag yourselves PvP. Those who WANT to PvP can activate this flag, and then they are available to be attacked or to attack others with the flag on. The flag has a 5 minute delay for turning off, so people can't just turn it off during the middle of a fight.

Why would this option be bad for the game?

You could now open the world up to the Klingons..and create PvE content in an existing galaxy.

It is good for them and good for us.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-14-2010, 12:24 AM
Because there's no open world?
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-14-2010, 03:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Arac
Because there's no open world?
Open world means that they are not limited by the borders they currently have. They can go all the way to Romulus of they want.

Right now, klingons can't really do that.

I think this would allow these systems to be used in different ways...and give areas for PVE missions.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-14-2010, 04:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaruslothran View Post
Open world means that they are not limited by the borders they currently have. They can go all the way to Romulus of they want.

Right now, klingons can't really do that.

I think this would allow these systems to be used in different ways...and give areas for PVE missions.
Ah, now I think I understand what you're proposing.

I thought you were thinking of a situation wherein a player could instigate something akin to a 1 vs. 1 DSE against an enemy flagged player by chasing them down in sector space.

Whereas you seem to want to give Klingons access to the entire galaxy, and all DSEs (patrol missions?) therein, and /then/ be allowed to attack similarly flagged players.

Is that what you're saying?
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-14-2010, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Arac
Ah, now I think I understand what you're proposing.

I thought you were thinking of a situation wherein a player could instigate something akin to a 1 vs. 1 DSE against an enemy flagged player by chasing them down in sector space.

Whereas you seem to want to give Klingons access to the entire galaxy, and all DSEs (patrol missions?) therein, and /then/ be allowed to attack similarly flagged players.

Is that what you're saying?
Yes. Also they could then make Klingon PvE story missions, utilizing the existing worlds for their story arc. This would expand the universe for the Klingon side, without a whole lot of new development. They could even take some of the missions where the fed fought klingon,..and just flip them and have it go the other way.

I don't imagine it would take a lot of code to switch mobs and some text.